Jump to content


Just say no to 2.0


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

vuuduu #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 612
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    08-14-2012

I rarely post on this forum. Played a lot of battles though.

It became obvious to me way back around 1.2 or 1.3 that the powers that be weren't ever gonna listen to their player base. Once I reached that conclusion, it became easier to tolerate the consistent game screw ups. Then came 1.5, and there's no point in rehashing all that disaster.

Now, there's this 2.0 thing.

It doesn't even seem like a game to me, just a mishmash of blurry speedy colors going by. In my opinion, it's just plain ugly now.

But all that aside, I've played this game for years. It's not even a close approximation of the game it was prior to 1.5

On the other hand, I've gotten 4 years or more or less constant enjoyment and entertainment, up until this....mess.

With the game being like it is now, maybe I'll finally finish repainting my bathroom.


...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

learpilot #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 634
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013
I agree 100% what a disaster.
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

Xterm8toR #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 178 battles
  • 1
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    11-18-2015
Very Much Agree. The game is no longer for a skill driven pilot, but for a mass appeal [edited]. Definitely will take up chess.

roadrodent #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 123 battles
  • 4
  • [BWSO] BWSO
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

The mod is CRAP!!  graphics are fuzzy, targeting is questionable, AT BEST, maneuvering is all screwed up!  For Christ's sake, the beta testing I was in years back was better than this abomination!

 

And what is with trying to merge World of Warships with Warplanes.  WoW is NOT, REPEAT, NOT Warships!

 

Okay, let's add that the idiot voice comments/directions are annoying as hell, also. 


Edited by roadrodent, 12 October 2017 - 08:07 PM.


DInk_Spinkley #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 588
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015
Yeah, I was expecting big things from 2.0, and this is just failure.
RIP World of Warplanes

Rarearth #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 35 battles
  • 639
  • [JE] JE
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 12 October 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yeah, I was expecting big things from 2.0, and this is just failure.

 

Its worse than I remember in the 1st ct . sure as hell cant play it . It truly has been a pleasure        :honoring:

hamhockjones #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 993 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    12-04-2013
I AGREE WITH OTHER VETERANS, THIS 2.0 LOOKS LIKE A GAME FOR 5 YEAR OLDS, THE GRAPHICS AND THE VIEW ARE TERRIBLE ..THE PLANE IS SO CLOSE TO THE SCREEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE ANYTHING OTHER THAN 10 FEET IN FRONT OF YOU. EVERYONE SEEMS FAST AS EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF TYPE OF PLANE. THE MOVING GRAPHICS ON THE LANDSCAPE IS ANNOYING. DONT LIKE IT AT ALL. THINKING OF RETIRING FROM THE AIRFORCE OF WOW..... REALLY SUPER DISAPOINTED IN THIS CHANGE. I LOVED THE OTHER , BUT THIS IS NOT FUN AT ALL....   HAMHOCKJONES....

SluggerJackson #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    10-20-2013

View PostXterm8toR, on 12 October 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Very Much Agree. The game is no longer for a skill driven pilot, but for a mass appeal [edited]. Definitely will take up chess.

 

Skill?  You mean boom-and-zoom with an OP plane, and hide until you win?  Skill.

MelBrooks #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 1,235
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View Postlearpilot, on 12 October 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

I agree 100% what a disaster.

 

lear and I never liked each other.......I like him now <o

 



LBAEZ #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 314
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
Agree will say no its no longer any challenge just pitiful give players the options not to play in conquest mode and have a pvp mode  or standard whatever without the dumb respawning!!!!  I will be out for a while until these things are put into play 07 everyone it was a honor to face you guys in battle commander of BFS soon to be deleted if things dont get better wont be a part of this nonsense

Edited by LBAEZ, 12 October 2017 - 10:01 PM.


deloop #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • 11
  • [W-M-D] W-M-D
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
well they tried to be like warthunder but failed horribly but feel free to check warthunder out it has a lot of options  for fighting.. I hate to leave WoWP but i mean why play a second rate version of another game and warthunder has gotten alot better then it was a couple years ago  just saying  why give up on flying  give warthunder a chance  and you know check back every few months just to see if the WoWP dev,s have gotten there heads out of ther asses yet 

Nihtwaco #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44 battles
  • 648
  • [DSA] DSA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Not happy with what I have seen in several battles today. Starting with no control over camera view point Camera view drifting all over the place cause severe problems understanding what forces are acting on the plane moment to moment.. Bombsight not working on Multirole fighters. Jet age gun sight on a Mid 30's fighter. No Fine tuning of Mouse Keyboard setup anymore. Thumbs down on this mess. Elder Scrolls Online beckons me. I still will play a bit here along with WoT, WOWS Armored Warfare and MechWarrior Online and my daily dose of panic keeping track of 3 characters in Ark Survival Evolved.

Cdn_Avro #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 272
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

The end of ahhhh   hmmmm ok run.

I am in the customer service industry and in my 30 years of work I have learned that if you give customers what they want they will remain loyal and provide a great client base.

Persha and WG  started by listening to whiners back in 1.2 and 1.3 then 1.4 the game was done.  They have proven over the last 3 years that they never gave a crap about the clients,

Did they actually listen to any of us?  Time and time again they get negative feedback but push ahead and with each step they break the game a little more.  I have said this before to them

but if I ran my business the way they do I would have long ago been bankrupt.

I have now uninstalled the game.... It's been a pleasure flying with and against all of you.



MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 7,873
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postvuuduu, on 12 October 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I rarely post on this forum. Played a lot of battles though.

It became obvious to me way back around 1.2 or 1.3 that the powers that be weren't ever gonna listen to their player base. Once I reached that conclusion, it became easier to tolerate the consistent game screw ups. Then came 1.5, and there's no point in rehashing all that disaster.

Now, there's this 2.0 thing.

It doesn't even seem like a game to me, just a mishmash of blurry speedy colors going by. In my opinion, it's just plain ugly now.

But all that aside, I've played this game for years. It's not even a close approximation of the game it was prior to 1.5

On the other hand, I've gotten 4 years or more or less constant enjoyment and entertainment, up until this....mess.

With the game being like it is now, maybe I'll finally finish repainting my bathroom.

 

View PostCdn_Avro, on 12 October 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

The end of ahhhh   hmmmm ok run.

I am in the customer service industry and in my 30 years of work I have learned that if you give customers what they want they will remain loyal and provide a great client base.

Persha and WG  started by listening to whiners back in 1.2 and 1.3 then 1.4 the game was done.  They have proven over the last 3 years that they never gave a crap about the clients,

Did they actually listen to any of us?  Time and time again they get negative feedback but push ahead and with each step they break the game a little more.  I have said this before to them

but if I ran my business the way they do I would have long ago been bankrupt.

I have now uninstalled the game.... It's been a pleasure flying with and against all of you.

 

You guys should get together.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


vertical_snaproll #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 75 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-23-2017
Since I quit real flying this has been a great release for me. I liked the game it was fun and frustrating. Now after trying three battles this is crap. You threw 8 GB at me and then I see this garbage. I'll check for other online flight sims. This is not worth playing. Bye guys

Spartan_515 #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:14 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 135 battles
  • 28
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    04-04-2014

View PostRarearth, on 12 October 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

 

Its worse than I remember in the 1st ct . sure as hell cant play it . It truly has been a pleasure        :honoring:

 

Thanks, commander! If you play ships, hit me up! 
Something Clever

Spartan_515 #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 135 battles
  • 28
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    04-04-2014

View PostSluggerJackson, on 12 October 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

Skill?  You mean boom-and-zoom with an OP plane, and hide until you win?  Skill.

 

I agree that that was a big problem with playing alot of the time, and I was hoping this update might address it, and it does, but in the worst ways possible. I mean honestly are you enjoying it as-is? 
Something Clever

Spartan_515 #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 135 battles
  • 28
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    04-04-2014

View PostCdn_Avro, on 12 October 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

The end of ahhhh   hmmmm ok run.

I am in the customer service industry and in my 30 years of work I have learned that if you give customers what they want they will remain loyal and provide a great client base.

Persha and WG  started by listening to whiners back in 1.2 and 1.3 then 1.4 the game was done.  They have proven over the last 3 years that they never gave a crap about the clients,

Did they actually listen to any of us?  Time and time again they get negative feedback but push ahead and with each step they break the game a little more.  I have said this before to them

but if I ran my business the way they do I would have long ago been bankrupt.

I have now uninstalled the game.... It's been a pleasure flying with and against all of you.

 

Hey man I'll play ships with you anytime! Hit me up!
Something Clever

yyt_hero #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:19 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 234 battles
  • 278
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013
the game is truly a arcade game, now they can put it in your local bowling alleys and so forth. Sad

Tarka_13 #20 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:11 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 2 battles
  • 6
  • [CYMRU] CYMRU
  • Member since:
    06-13-2014
I'm so disappointed that I can barely type....unbelievable....I guess I'll just check in from time to time to see if the game I've grown to love returns....time to get back to Warships....later Gents!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users