2.0 SUCKS

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Kirov_Six #81 Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View Postparadat, on 24 October 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

​Where are you finding 2.0 stats?

WG removed the player count on WoWP, just so there's no numbers to discuss. I think the bitter old salts who want 1.9 back probably prefer that, so they can just make stuff up to suit themselves. :D

In six months, the old bitter contingent will most likely be forgotten.  They'll either finally move on, or the game will fail and the whole thing will be forgotten...it is possible they'll start playing 2.0, but I doubt they would actually subject themselves to the waves of [edited]they'd get for that.  If they go on to play 2.0, they'll reroll or change names.

I'm seeing more players, less bots, than I ever saw in 1.9 the times I tried.  

Edited by mavfin87, 24 October 2017 - 10:33 PM.

paradat #82 Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 246 battles
  • [TBW] TBW

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

WG removed the player count on WoWP, just so there's no numbers to discuss. I think the bitter old salts who want 1.9 back probably prefer that, so they can just make stuff up to suit themselves. :D

In six months, the old bitter contingent will most likely be forgotten.  They'll either finally move on, or the game will fail and the whole thing will be forgotten...it is possible they'll start playing 2.0, but I doubt they would actually subject themselves to the waves of [edited]they'd get for that.  If they go on to play 2.0, they'll reroll or change names.

​Yeah hard to say. Well the good or bad news is that the game will succeed or fail without a 100 players that are sad the cheese was moved. Having said that, I get it this can not be fun for a dedicated player who liked the 1.x version of the game. Would like to see population numbers soon. It feels like it is growing but would rather have data than feelings. I can say that third party buzz for the game as never been better.

​The Sea is full of Wolves. Lone Wolves Clans

mullyman #83 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 38 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

​In the SIX times you tried.

LMBO ......keep trolling [edited].     Back to your mom's basement for some Mac&Cheese

mullyman.png

TokyoExpress #84 Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 146 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

My question to you is: Will your battles played ever exceed your number of forum posts. For someone who likes the game so much, why are you here instead of playing ?

Kirov_Six #85 Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

View Postparadat, on 24 October 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

​Yeah hard to say. Well the good or bad news is that the game will succeed or fail without a 100 players that are sad the cheese was moved. Having said that, I get it this can not be fun for a dedicated player who liked the 1.x version of the game. Would like to see population numbers soon. It feels like it is growing but would rather have data than feelings. I can say that third party buzz for the game as never been better.

To be clear, I bear no ill will to the 1.x players as a group.  However, the ones who do nothing but troll anyone who disagrees with them, or follow you around and look up your battle totals for a game that no longer exists, and act like it means something?   Not so much.  I have zero respect for them. They just keep pointing to a past that now means nothing.  

They're just wasting the time of anyone who posts here, and getting in the way of people who want to move forward with whatever 2.0 turns out to be, whether that be a zero, a ten, or something in between.   I guess if that's the most interesting thing they have available to them, so be it.  Strange priorities.

As far as posting here vs playing?  I peek at the forums at work sometimes while I'm figuring something out.  I can't really play at work, though.  

MagicMikeV #86 Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Senior Airman

• 893 battles

View Postmullyman, on 21 October 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

Oh really mike...

Which version did you have your whopping 10 battles in?

1.4?

1.5?

1.6?

1.7?

1.8?

1.9?

Keep rocking that 34% win rate though bro,  you are WGs new target audience.

Rocking 88 battles now you donkey. Keep up the positive posts in this forum. The 3 or 4 of you haters that continuously write the same crybaby stuff on every post. "Whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I miss 1.x so much.....please go back to 1.X" Get a life you donkeys or create your own game.

paradat #87 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 246 battles
  • [TBW] TBW

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

To be clear, I bear no ill will to the 1.x players as a group.  However, the ones who do nothing but troll anyone who disagrees with them, or follow you around and look up your battle totals for a game that no longer exists, and act like it means something?   Not so much.  I have zero respect for them. They just keep pointing to a past that now means nothing.  

They're just wasting the time of anyone who posts here, and getting in the way of people who want to move forward with whatever 2.0 turns out to be, whether that be a zero, a ten, or something in between.   I guess if that's the most interesting thing they have available to them, so be it.  Strange priorities.

As far as posting here vs playing?  I peek at the forums at work sometimes while I'm figuring something out.  I can't really play at work, though.  

​Yeah I agree. I happen to believe that most negative behavior is from pain. So when I see the super negative posts from these players I at least try to understand how hurt they are. They are wasting time of course, for some of them it is like therapy and they will eventually move forward or leave. The true trolls ....well those guys will become obvious relatively quickly.

​The Sea is full of Wolves. Lone Wolves Clans

S4pp3REffecT #88 Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW
Right so let me get this straight, based on the responses, the vets primary means of rebuttle is that anyone who likes 2.0 doesn't know anything because they didn't play 1.x?

Are you guys kidding? The reason none of us played it is that it was just common knowledge that WT was better at both arcade and Sim.

WG is an arcade company, not a Sim company. Their products have wide appeal through the free-to-play fun and ease of use. WP didn't do that... Player numbers don't lie...

Yes from what I've read 2.0 has thrown out a bit too many of the 1.x features but I'm sure they'll start rolling in some of the better ones (replays!?).

So I'm sorry to the vets out there, that something they loved has changed but your bitterness and trollish behaviour on newer players just serves as a testament to broken state WP was in.

Grow up or move on - you are doing no one favours with your toxicity, yourselves included.

mnbv_fockewulfe #89 Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

"I have as much right to be here as you do, go away you 1.9 trolls!"

In so many words. :kamikaze:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

blairhj #90 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:15 PM

Airman Basic

• 20 battles

After following polls, reading the amount of players in particular tiers, and the fact that WOWP is giving free WOT XP it's obvious the WOWP 2.0 Arcade version is a flat out flop ! 2.0 fans need to ask themselves why successful WOT'S and WOWS'S do not feature an arcade like format and do not provide respawn.

Here's the bottom line Wargaming. I, like many others who were loyal to the game SPENT MONEY. Premium time, Premium planes, etc. Bet my bottom dollar you kiddy lovin, less than 200 games played, 2.0 fan boys not only DO NOT spend a cent on WOWP's but DON'T have the money even to do so if they wanted to. 

Wargaming, you hurtin in the wallet yet over this mess ?

anamals53 #91 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• 693 battles

Really Ya'll ... A compromise between 1. and 2.0 would be a rocking semi sim arcade game . My suggestion would be to bring back the handling ,change the color of that awful aim point , bring back the sounds , you can't tell if you are hitting or being hit now . Then un nerf the GA's cannons , so a chance of progress is possible. Fixing whatever is causing the frequent crashing would be a nice touch too. :sceptic: 

ramp4ge #92 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

View Postblairhj, on 29 October 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

After following polls, reading the amount of players in particular tiers, and the fact that WOWP is giving free WOT XP it's obvious the WOWP 2.0 Arcade version is a flat out flop ! 2.0 fans need to ask themselves why successful WOT'S and WOWS'S do not feature an arcade like format and do not provide respawn.

Here's the bottom line Wargaming. I, like many others who were loyal to the game SPENT MONEY. Premium time, Premium planes, etc. Bet my bottom dollar you kiddy lovin, less than 200 games played, 2.0 fan boys not only DO NOT spend a cent on WOWP's but DON'T have the money even to do so if they wanted to. 

"Many" others? How many others?

Less than 400 over the last 2 years.

Yeah. "Many" others that weren't enough to keep the lights on. Which is why they had to lay off, or otherwise reallocate, most of their developer staff. 

The game you spent money on was a dead-end. Nobody held a gun to your head and made you spend money on a game that you could see with your own eyes was in dire financial straits. But you did it anyway. We call this "Throwing good money after bad", where the game obviously has issues in keeping anything more than a token playerbase, and you still throw money at it. And then complain about not getting a satisfactory return investment...

Anubis_TD #93 Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4094 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

God, I hate to be the guy to use logic, but....

If the game was healthy and good, there would have been no need for 2.0.

WoWP, is still light years behind WT. I have done my time in WT wanted a new plane game.

The last time I installed WoWP; it was so bad I had to apologize to my PC for installing it.

2.0 still is not a great game; but it is now at least a kinda weird fun and playable. 

I am glad the Bots are skilled, at least someone on my team will be competent, plus with a mediocre amount of skill they are easily shot down. (Though Beaufighter ramming is getting bit old.)

Planes have some feel to them now and almost feels proper. (WT feel is still the best I've played, just tired of their [edited]MM and bomber chasing for hours on end)

yes, This game crashes way too much. Interface is iffy at best (though way better than WT's latest GUI).

Guns are hokey, but that is to keep BandZ's from dominating (see WT's biggest issues).

Finances seem a bit off. With prem and usually top 3 credits are still tight.

Could be My Xp is going to fast (dbl's and triples) and grinding too many lines at once (I should know better than to do that) but still seems a bit low and very confusing and inconsistent.

No this is a good move in the end, but is it enough to save this game. Probably too little too late.

This move changes the game too much for the guys who have been here the whole time (making some leave) and too many people (who tried and hated it) have a bad taste in their mouth and won't retry.

Plus WT is a better flying game, just they broke it with their own stupidity. 

Either way my buddies and me are enjoying ourselves.  I am sorry for the old guys here who feel jipped but be honest the game was dying. This is its last chance. 

Population doesn't go up, it will die a slow death with no new content and no nothing for as long that pesky few people keep playing it.

Onyx #94 Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 697 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

I remember my experience in WoWP throughout my time in it.  The game was just bad.  WT controlled so much better (still does), and has more raw depth (not that they utilize it).

The problem is, they haven't done anything with its core gameplay.  The actual game modes have no depth, it's just a crappy team death match or bomber spam fest depending on your mode.

So, enter 2.0, and I finally come back to this game after largely ignoring it because it has literally been a garbage game this entire time, and WoWP finally has something it can lord over WT:

The game has an actual, functioning metagame that makes playing the actual game mode difficult and interesting if your goal is to actually win and not just farm kills.

It has balance issues, plane classes aren't balanced against each other, altitude seems to be vastly less important than raw turn speed, firepower is a problem if you don't have an arbitrary amount of it.  The list goes on on things "wrong" with the game as it is.

But the actual game mode is a fantastic foundation towards making a vastly better game than it is now.  And the game is fun, so it can actually start to attract more players back to it instead of bleeding out like a stuck pig.  WT has been stagnating, wallowing in milking its whales and keeping its half-baked game mode that doesn't reward intelligent gameplay (unless you consider suicide attacking and bomber spam "intelligent,") for so long that the game has been outright stagnating.  But WoWP actually did something that I actually want to see them do to both WoT and WoWS:  having an actually fun game mode that has meaningful objectives to fight over rather than an awful cap circle of boredom.

They can actually improve this game mode at this point and work on the core game to bring back what's needed to keep the game interesting and fun, while having an interesting foundation that requires thought to maximize compared to the somewhat simplistic flight combat.  Which, honestly, doesn't feel that far removed from what it was before, you just can't manual the flaps without doing weird and inefficient things.

Overall, the patch moved the game in a very positive direction, you just have to wake up and realize they've sprayed a lot of febreeze on the crap that this game used to be, and that this isn't an inherently bad thing.

S4pp3REffecT #95 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW
I actually much prefer WP to WT and I would argue each plane class has interesting strengths and weaknesses...

My only bugbear is the bomber class but that's primarily because I play Japanese Fighters, which aren't strong at altitude. My German HF are good at hunting them but often it takes a large amount of time to get up there and neutralise them. Time that could be better spent capping...

Add to this the squall makes the bomber class even better as they take so much time to get to and kill.

So overall I really like the game as is but feel that unless you are in a close or higher tier game, there isn't often an opportunity to win with the squall condition, points usually click over. It ends up feeling like a pointless mechanic 9/10 times.
Perhaps more points and thus more time in tier 1-6 matches could improve that mechanic?

Captain_Rownd #96 Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3577 battles

View Postblairhj, on 29 October 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

Weren't they already hurting in the wallet with your "support"?  But hey, now that people are actually trying this game formerly considered dead you're gonna rage quit and hope all us "kiddie lovin 2.0 fan boys" go away so you get to proclaim "victory" to an empty forum before they pull the plug.  However, the game is pretty fun so I'm not so sure you're going to get your wish. 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Captain_Rownd #97 Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3577 battles

View PostS4pp3REffecT, on 30 October 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

My only bugbear is the bomber class but that's primarily because I play Japanese Fighters, which aren't strong at altitude. My German HF are good at hunting them but often it takes a large amount of time to get up there and neutralise them. Time that could be better spent capping...

I hate seeing those fat boys floating around up there knocking down our cap points.  Sometimes I'll try much too hard to get my little plane up there.  I'm always glad to be in something that can climb that high, but I'm never sure whether it's a wise use of time unless there's a fighter ace or two on the team taking care of the rest.  Still, I can't resist trying...

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Anubis_TD #98 Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4094 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

chasing the one bomber, that u can ignore if you want (something u can't do in WT), isn't all that hard to do even in my zero. Planes climb to the minor heights of WP fairly easy, even my zero.

No bombers are annoying, but sadly a bit necessary to move gameplay along and spread out the fighters. This will be very important if we ever get a player base not filled with bots.

However, Wg needs to keep a close eye on Bomber numbers so it doesn't get spamming like WT.

Actually Japan is much more viable in WP than WT, though the zero line seems exceptionally slow despite the plane description saying otherwise.

Moonrider #99 Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3834 battles

View Postblairhj, on 29 October 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

You're not too bright, are you? I'll use small words so maybe you can understand.
Yes you were loyal.

Yes you spent money, and maybe all of the "loyalist 400" did.
Unless you ALL spent an insane amount of money on a FREE to Play game, I doubt you generated enough income to pay the server rentals.
Then there's the personnel costs.

Then the payment on the loan that financed the development of the game.

Then most businesses shoot for a 12% Return on Investment to finance growth.
So, were you 400 players spending the cumulative 600 grand or so a year ($1500/year, or $125 per MONTH) to break even?

I doubt it. I'd be surprised if you were spending 5% of that.

Now shut up your whiny little mouths and let those of us who want to play and help Wargaming develop a truly GOOD and PROFITABLE game do our thing.

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
-- Albert Camus

Bubba_Zanetti #100 Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMoonrider, on 30 October 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

You're not too bright, are you? I'll use small words so maybe you can understand.
Yes you were loyal.

Yes you spent money, and maybe all of the "loyalist 400" did.
Unless you ALL spent an insane amount of money on a FREE to Play game, I doubt you generated enough income to pay the server rentals.
Then there's the personnel costs.

Then the payment on the loan that financed the development of the game.

Then most businesses shoot for a 12% Return on Investment to finance growth.
So, were you 400 players spending the cumulative 600 grand or so a year ($1500/year, or $125 per MONTH) to break even?

I doubt it. I'd be surprised if you were spending 5% of that.

Now shut up your whiny little mouths and let those of us who want to play and help Wargaming develop a truly GOOD and PROFITABLE game do our thing.

Speaking of intelligence, you understand the number for logged in users represents that immediate time frame, and there are perhaps double or triple (guessing here) of registered players that are sleeping/working/not logged in?  Still very low, but it was Russia’s pop that was largest, followed by Europe, and then NA.  Let’s hope this represents a viable turn around that WG actually capitalizes on and doesn’t fubar like the past 4 years of incompetence.  Also hopefully the time is “Soon” now and we get end game/clan wars actually...soonish.

Lastly, WoWP is World of Whiney Players, make no mistake, been like this from day one.  Get out your favourite cheese, kick up your feet, and enjoy the bonus that is Forum Game 2.0.

<--Click on them!
Forum 2.duh status =  (need moar like this oldie)

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco  “It's the game.  And your signature is long enough to choke a horse. I thought mine was too large.”- SkyWolf_WM

Also tagged with 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users