2.0 SUCKS

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Joiea #121 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 1244 battles
Question: has everyone that dislike the current controls checked that all the controls are properly set? There's a number of controls that have no key bindings.

mnbv_fockewulfe #122 Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postcaptaingzer0x, on 03 December 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Question: has everyone that dislike the current controls checked that all the controls are properly set? There's a number of controls that have no key bindings.

Its not only key bindings.

For mouse, the controls have become more automated. You need less defined input to preform the desired action. Contrast what the game has now with a mouse joystick setup (vector control). The latter requires more management (more precise input to achieve the desired action), while the former requires less management. And simplified management only hurts the noobs. Good players will be better with the simplified control scheme and know how to get more out of it, while the noobs will still be left clueless. 

On the flip side, having a simplified control scheme for good players frustrates them because they feel like they have less control over how their plane is flying. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

HairyAmbush #123 Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:25 AM

Airman Basic

• 2043 battles
I think this game is great except for the idiot bots.   Now, my preference is strategy and not flying around arcade shooting stuff.   I think it's way better than tank or warship.  Of course, I'm not one of these expert dweebs that think it's nerfed.  They do need to consider battleground for all you professionals that play 8 hours a day.

Chilistreamz #124 Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 4684 battles
  • [FK] FK

Hey there readers. I would like to point out my views on this installment of the "Wargaming Franchise".

• Game crashes at least once per day (In most cases once per hour)
  • Contacts and Private Chat is down more than it is up.
  • Servers are failing with hardly any stress (Due to a lack of human players).
  • it seems most of the effort from devs is being directed towards glossing up items like the hangers at the expense of the game as a whole.

I have noticed that new and exciting planes are appearing almost weekly in an effort to get us (The Player Base) to throw money at this game.

Maybe some of this hard work needs to be redirected. 

Please I beg for the love of god address the issues that are killing the game before it even gets off the ground.

Regards

Chillistreamz

nukethefearless #125 Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 280 battles
im here because of 2.0...and bombers...i can be a fighter in this game as well and shoot down stuff! unlike in war thunder..where i can't even shoot down a slow moving bomber :P

IronWolfV #126 Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles
I'm back because of 2.0. Tried alpha, hated it. Came back once in a while. I think becore 2.0 I came back around say 1.5ish flew a few matches and abhorred it. 2.0 made it better. Granted bots drive me stark raving mad and there are a few other things, but bombers are fun(especially A26 as she is so versatile) also getting the hang of heavies.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

SlappedbyRommel #127 Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1726 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Well just started last month and yes it crashed 4 times a night but recently maybe once a week so not to bad. As for game play never did 1.9 and below so I don't what it was like. I will keep playing for now and see where it leads me. Horrido!

Hearsel #128 Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 43 battles
I wonder if there is even a hundred players? 2.0 doesn't suck, it REALLY SUCKS hard

mnbv_fockewulfe #129 Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 09 February 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Well just started last month and yes it crashed 4 times a night but recently maybe once a week so not to bad. As for game play never did 1.9 and below so I don't what it was like. I will keep playing for now and see where it leads me. Horrido!

Did somebody say Hodor?:hiding:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

trikke #130 Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2160 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

meets my needs since respawn was added, so i'll continue to come back for more

capture points certainly add a new dimension...  deathmatch didn't seem to have that 'mission' feel, that feeling that you were accomplishing a goal with team members 

well, killing everything left alive could be that goal, i guess, but having those map caps has it's own strategy, apart from just indiscriminate killing 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

soshootmenow #131 Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostMAJ_Radmo, on 12 October 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

My clan members are totally disappointed ! In the 2.0 mod ! The reason why they didn't make it an optional mod is because they knew that we weren't going to play it because it sucked real bad !  But of course they didn't learn their lesson from the upgrade from 1.5 when they lost three quarters of their players ! Now I have clan members telling me that they are going to quit the game and these are top rate players ! They wasted a lot of money on this ! If this game was like this three years ago I wouldn't of invested the money into it because it sucked really bad they're not listening to us ! They want to jam it in our backs with a knife they don't care !  A number of us have written to PC gamer to let them know what's going on here and how they jammed it to all the players here .... This is nothing more than a cheap arcade game ! Also war thunder has been notified about this as well ! That's what I heard through the grapevine ! My clan members are totally disappointed in this this is the crappy is game I've ever seen in my life 2.0 !  I have clan members screaming at me on their team speak telling me the do something about this ! Thanks world of warplanes for listening to us ! I was one of the beta testers it was a 90% majority said don't put this game mode in but you did it anyway ! You people are idiots with no background in business management ! The first thing you take care of is your customers ! Keep on resisting everyone tell them you don't like this crap that your playing !  And you other people complaining about how you love the game it's because you didn't spend any time or money into it ! Don't want to hear the baloney sausage crap !

I admit to a little bias here as Radmo is my Clan CO, but what he (justifiably heatedly) said is true.

Below is a reply I made to a different post in another thread but I believe it applies here just as well.

El_Mulo, on 14 February 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

We complain because the old (with all its misses) was FAR better than this.  At least it was stable that is not a little thing.

We could chat and read clearly what anyone wrote

The physic was more real.

The battles got the same ammount of players BUT they all know what to do.

I could tell I like the tactic of this 2.0 (not all is bad) but I dislike the respawn that make also impossible to be aware of what is happening around you.

I also like the maps (except one or two) but miss some of the olds ones.

You (the new ones) can t complain of what don t know.

Yes !  The old one was harder to learn and you got to pay in hours of flying the " right"  to win.

And there is a lot of things we (the old gamers) miss but over all we miss a lot of FRIENDS that are gone.

El Mulo....You have summed up most of the main points. Especially the last line.

I truly miss flying with all of my Clan mates and other friends online. We had one of the best online communities. Very supportive and helpful....even to people you did not like you answered a technical question or helped with a battle analysis.

We (the OP's) all worked so hard to earn our abilities and status. Grinding to improve our skills and tactics. Battle after battle to get the xp & creds necessary to not just get the next plane but also to customize it with the correct and mutually supporting mix of options and skills. The birds all had their own individual character. And you could FEEL the differences. In all of them. 1.9 had one of the best, if not the best, development of aircraft and flight mechanics I have seen. It FELT like flight.

I have suggested over and over to resolve the main source of complaints from all sides is to simply make this a two-mode game.

2.0 to bring in new players (which it can do) and allow them the time to develop their hanger, skills, tactics, and coordination. They then would be able to advance to the higher level 1.9 version (if they wanted to....remember 'choices'....like WG promised?) without getting raped and seal-clubbed so easily. It would just need to have a set floor of xxx number of battles before advancing. They would also feel that they were being a HELP to the TEAM they were on instead of a dragging detriment (which deep down everyone knows when they are). It is, after all, a Team Game at the end of the day.

Second advanced mode would be 1.9 mechanics, graphics, and gameplay. All of the OP's would return (free players just waiting in the wings for this WG. Business, Marketing 101?? Hello??) thus bringing back the VAST levels of experience, tactics, established community and Clans, coordination, structure, etc..., etc.... This would give both groups an option to play the mode they like, give the new players an entire new level to advance to (thus RETAINING them....there's those darn Business and Marketing things again) and give this game a real chance to be the success it can be.

Virtually NONE of the OP's are here anymore. I know this from how many are NOT playing from my Clan. I also know it is the same for all of the other original Clans. I can tell from the rankings. There is no movement. There has not been any for months. My clan usually is ranked 14th to 16th overall. Hardly anyone is playing and months later we are still at 16.

I used to play this game 2 - 4 hours a night. Longer on weekends. Now they are lucky if I actually bother to play one battle every couple of weeks. It is the same story for thousands of others globally.

WG, give us the two mode game. Bring everyone back home. I miss flying with my friends and respected opponents.

(Last real flight was in my Ta 152 the night before 2.0 release, and I made a point to remember it. My guess is all the OP's would know why) 

Sincerely.

soshootmenow

Tovarich123 #132 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 70 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

2.0 sucks, that is the alpha and omega of this issue.

xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx #133 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1294 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 12 October 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

One single battle? You really think that is enough to form a valid opinion? I think you should put in some more time, 20-30 battles and then see what you think.

Nope,but 425 was!

mu271314 #134 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 6606 battles

WOWP Devolved

mu271314 #135 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 6606 battles
WOWP Devolved

First let me start by saying 1.0 game engine flight characteristics seemed more realistic than 2.0. The way the plane claimed and stalled, the graphics and sound seem like a flight simulator, even the occasional bickering among players who seemed to have all left made the play vary immersive and enjoyable. Now the play seems devolved i.e. not like a flight simulator, and the strategy seems unessisarily convoluted. Can anybody explained why they WOWP felt it necessary to take this approach?

Also tagged with 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users