2.0 SUCKS

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Moonrider #101 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 136 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 30 October 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Speaking of intelligence, you understand the number for logged in users represents that immediate time frame, and there are perhaps double or triple (guessing here) of registered players that are sleeping/working/not logged in?  Still very low, but it was Russia’s pop that was largest, followed by Europe, and then NA.  Let’s hope this represents a viable turn around that WG actually capitalizes on and doesn’t fubar like the past 4 years of incompetence.  Also hopefully the time is “Soon” now and we get end game/clan wars actually...soonish.

Lastly, WoWP is World of Whiney Players, make no mistake, been like this from day one.  Get out your favourite cheese, kick up your feet, and enjoy the bonus that is Forum Game 2.0.

I was being very generous in the 400 paying players estimate. Research studies show that only 2.2% of the registered players EVER PAY ANYTHING on a Free To Play title.

Given YOUR postulate of 1200 regular players for the last 2 years, that means 26 players actually paid into the game at least one time, and 50% of the game income was coming from .22%, which works out to 2 or 3 players.
How much money do you think those two or three paid, hmm?

+1 for the "World of Whiny Players." That's funny stuff right thar!
Edit: Reference link for the curious - http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-04-09-only-2-2-percent-of-free-to-play-users-ever-pay-report

Edited by Moonrider, 30 October 2017 - 04:46 PM.

Kilroy washere

jack_wdw #102 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles

View PostMoonrider, on 30 October 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

I was being very generous in the 400 paying players estimate. Research studies show that only 2.2% of the registered players EVER PAY ANYTHING on a Free To Play title.

Given YOUR postulate of 1200 regular players for the last 2 years, that means 26 players actually paid into the game at least one time, and 50% of the game income was coming from .22%, which works out to 2 or 3 players.

Edit: Reference link for the curious - http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-04-09-only-2-2-percent-of-free-to-play-users-ever-pay-report

I'm quite sure that many of the previous loyal players paid lots more than that.
I don't think they will fit in your easy statistic, since most of them were really hooked on this game and they were not playing other titles.

I think the 2.2% is more apllicable to the current playerbase, who also play a lot of different games.
In my opinion they need to double or more the number of users, to get the same income.
They've alienated a group of players who actually spent money on premiums and planes.

Edited by jack_wdw, 30 October 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #103 Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMoonrider, on 30 October 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Pretty much all of the old guard who stuck to 1.9 were paying money. Far more than 2.2%. You don't stick with a game wlike WoWP that long unless you are hooked. Most people had HUGE hangars of premiums.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

Moonrider #104 Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 136 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 30 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I'm quite sure that many of the previous loyal players paid lots more than that.
I don't think they will fit in your easy statistic, since most of them were really hooked on this game and they were not playing other titles.

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 30 October 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Pretty much all of the old guard who stuck to 1.9 were paying money. Far more than 2.2%. You don't stick with a game wlike WoWP that long unless you are hooked. Most people had HUGE hangars of premiums.

You guys still don't get it.
I estimate 400 players paying $125 EVERY SINGLE MONTH  is about what the NA server needed to bring in to cover the costs. That's with a bare-bones crew. Not make a PROFIT, which is the goal of a business, but just to keep the lights on.

Were you guys spending that much? Every. Single. Month. I'm pretty sure you were not.

Kilroy washere

ramp4ge #105 Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

Think of it this way.

If 10% of the peak of 25,000 World of Tanks NA players pay $15.00 a month, Wargaming makes $37,500 a month.

Wargaming has repeatedly told us that World of Tanks NA is their least profitable server and has told us on occasion that WoT NA was a net loss to the company.

With an average peak of 357 players for the past 2 years, to make that much, every single one of those players would have to pay a minimum of $105.00 a month.

Just to make it equal to a World of Tanks server that loses Wargaming money...

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #106 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMoonrider, on 30 October 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

You guys still don't get it.
I estimate 400 players paying $125 EVERY SINGLE MONTH  is about what the NA server needed to bring in to cover the costs. That's with a bare-bones crew. Not make a PROFIT, which is the goal of a business, but just to keep the lights on.

Were you guys spending that much? Every. Single. Month. I'm pretty sure you were not.

far more than 400. 400 concurrent. And where do you estimate from? Last I heard cross were near 0 because we ran off the back of the WoT server.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

ramp4ge #107 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 30 October 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

far more than 400. 400 concurrent. And where do you estimate from? Last I heard cross were near 0 because we ran off the back of the WoT server.

It wasn't 400 concurrent. It was >400 daily peak.

Over the last 2 years it actually averaged at 357.

https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

The highest peak the game has seen in 2 years (before it stopped recording) was in October 2016, with a peak of less than 1,000. 

Rooster585 #108 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Airman Basic

• 17 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Too bad-

Been playing for YEARS! Although the previous game had it's problems, This version ruined it. What a cluster! If the game was in trouble, look at the current login numbers----WAAAY down. What a bunch of numbskulls.

Like others, I have "invested' money in the game. Realizing that it was going to take a bit to keep it going. Maybe around $120 or so. So now it's all down the tubes along with my remaining 1K in gold. Its been fun flyin with DOW but I'm outta here till they fix this crapor shut it down.

Rooster

Rooster585 #109 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 17 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postmavfin87, on 24 October 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

WG removed the player count on WoWP, just so there's no numbers to discuss. I think the bitter old salts who want 1.9 back probably prefer that, so they can just make stuff up to suit themselves. :D

In six months, the old bitter contingent will most likely be forgotten.  They'll either finally move on, or the game will fail and the whole thing will be forgotten...it is possible they'll start playing 2.0, but I doubt they would actually subject themselves to the waves of [edited]they'd get for that.  If they go on to play 2.0, they'll reroll or change names.

I'm seeing more players, less bots, than I ever saw in 1.9 the times I tried.  

​No way mav. I have a ton of contacks and our clan is always at 99 players. The numbers are way down and yes they aren't posting the number like the old days but all of "my guys and many other contacts I have just aren't playing.

Sorry - I aint buyin that

noghri23t #110 Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
  • [-D_D-] -D_D-
just came back to game after being away for a while. Wow!!!! 2.0 blows. probably going to find something else. 

Also tagged with 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users