Two....Point....Oh

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

Quesnel #781 Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I have read through the comments on having a long, continuous battle series and agree, it would be too much for some folks to sit through, so that idea is discarded. On the other hand, I am going forward with a new direction with future videos, a few will remain as I have been producing them, others will be (hopefully) much shorter in running time.

As for those who posted their videos here, check your new subs for a familiar name :great:

LMG #782 Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 21 May 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I have read through the comments on having a long, continuous battle series and agree, it would be too much for some folks to sit through, so that idea is discarded. On the other hand, I am going forward with a new direction with future videos, a few will remain as I have been producing them, others will be (hopefully) much shorter in running time.

As for those who posted their videos here, check your new subs for a familiar name :great:

Oh boy :honoring:

Well, to break a bit from the P-47B issue, here's a bit more of the Dragon plane and some rather capable bots?

Spoiler

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #783 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 3079 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 20 May 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

wow, i loved watching what's next for me in the ki line!    kind of a fast 109/mustang-ish-like ride in comparison to the hayabusa ll that i'm stuck in now...  what a welcome change 

but i'm assuming that it's stuffed full of tinder-dry hay, like every japanese plane before it?

(quoting myself...  what an insufferable bore)

but reporting on my first two battles in my new ki-61!    after a great final battle in the hated hateful hayabusa ll, that surprisingly yielded way more than i needed to get the 61...

i promptly ran the table twice in a row, 11 kills first battle, 13 kills second battle   whew!    it really does feel like a more maneuverable 109 or mustang, or i was just lucky, you choose

edit:  don't skip this plane!   i also forgot to report that didn't die in either battle, mostly because i had the fire extinguisher skill, fire control consumable and fire maneuver skill       don't leave home without them!

Edited by trikke, 22 May 2018 - 11:17 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Quesnel #784 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Good looking gamepay videos LMG, learning as I am watching. I agree trikke, the Ki-61 has been a pleasant surprise and hope it continues.

Reitousair #785 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9753 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Ki-61 is funnily enough what many people find to be the low point in the IJA line. I found it to be quite good due to -as Trikke described- it's like a more maneuverable Bf 109 (Ki-61's actually used licensed built engines from German and some even used MG 151's).

Ki-84 is incredibly strong for tier 7 which leads to some people saying it's actually overpowered bar the hilariously bad durability, which can be offset by setting up a durability build making the fragile Ki-84 surprisingly tanky.

Ki-94-II gets less accurate guns than the Hayate but the highest optimal altitude in the entire line and engine power on it, just hit boost and off you go. Again, balanced by fragility which can be removed via improved covering, self-sealing tanks, and protection expert.

Ki-162-I gets a lower altitude ceiling than the Ki-94-II, but is even quicker and faster than the 94-II, and while you may think two tiny 30's is not enough, they're plenty powerful and can blast people to bits incredibly fast (due to their very good autoaim hidden stats,) however the maneuverability falls off considerably here in the line which means you need to put in a bit more effort when it comes to dogfighting. Yet again, balanced by fragility (can probably see the pattern here,) however the engine in particular will get shot up.

Ki-162-III is basically just a marginal improvement to the Ki-162-I, all's what this thing does is perform slightly better in every way, nothing new to see here.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Quesnel #786 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

The great experiment in "short and sweet." The brag board above, the video below....

trikke #787 Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3079 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
oh man, what a great battle, Q!    enjoy the japanese 109!

CorvusCorvax #788 Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:59 PM

Captain

• 3162 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I like the pared-down video.  The stuff where you talk about plane equipment, armament and pilot skills is also useful.

As far as the battle goes - hard to get a better result, right?  :)

Quesnel #789 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Posttrikke, on 22 May 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

oh man, what a great battle, Q!    enjoy the japanese 109!

Yeah, the dice were rolled in my favor for sure.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 22 May 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I like the pared-down video.  The stuff where you talk about plane equipment, armament and pilot skills is also useful.

After reading through comments here and on ArrowZ's thread, I have decided on producing two different styles of video. The first type will be like I have always done, talking about the plane, the parts, the pilot, etc, when I get a new aircraft, perform a major upgrade or another worthwhile change. The second type will be a "Straight Into Battle," which will just be from the map loading screen to the battle outcome results.

I had considered speeding up through the A to B travel moments, but I have noticed that is where I am usually talking out the whole "where I am going and why."

LMG #790 Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 22 May 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

The great experiment in "short and sweet." The brag board above, the video below....

I think you could do plane introductions if you're showing off a new plane or you're changing the setup, those I think do deserve an extra minute or two. Also, I'm not sure if you realized just how close you were to losing that match. If that last bombing run had captured that Garrison, the enemy would have had Supremacy and pulled ahead at the last minute :ohmy: :teethhappy:. Speaking of close matches:

Spoiler

Quesnel #791 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostLMG, on 23 May 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

Also, I'm not sure if you realized just how close you were to losing that match.

Quesnel #792 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

With just a day away from the return of Attrition Mode, I had better belt out one more familiar type battle while I can. This time, I went with a Japanese plane that defies the standard for how the nation is usually played....

Reitousair #793 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

• 9753 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Ki-88, bit of an odd aircraft for sure, it's like a heavier P-39N, but Japanese.

I considered picking it up when it was on sale a while ago but... I went with the J4M instead; tier 7+ is more of my thing due to the higher performance of aircraft, once you start flying jets it's hard to go back to the low-mid tier props which are SO much slower. Still, seeing the Ki-88 in action is interesting, looks like a decent energy fighter with some powerful weaponry, just not exactly the dogfighter that you see in the P-39N.

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

CorvusCorvax #794 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• 3162 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostQuesnel, on 23 May 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

With just a day away from the return of Attrition Mode, I had better belt out one more familiar type battle while I can. This time, I went with a Japanese plane that defies the standard for how the nation is usually played....

For sure, that 37mm hits hard.  Landing the shots is rough, and you need to sniper-view it to get those rounds to land.  I'd say you did OK with the 20mm guns.

LMG #795 Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

I remember some time ago hearing a lot of complains about the Corsair line, which had me worried when I first started grinding for them. While the initial planes did get the best of me, the F4U-1 Corsair was a whole different situation, almost feeling like a second skin :playing::

Spoiler

Quesnel #796 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostLMG, on 24 May 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

I remember some time ago hearing a lot of complains about the Corsair line, which had me worried when I first started grinding for them. While the initial planes did get the best of me, the F4U-1 Corsair was a whole different situation, almost feeling like a second skin :playing::

I read those same comments too, just a little further back in time, from a very different game and playerbase that we have now.

A continuation in progression from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBdtkD8PKU&t with the tier VI Kawasaki Ki-61.

LMG #797 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 25 May 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

I read those same comments too, just a little further back in time, from a very different game and playerbase that we have now.

A continuation in progression from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBdtkD8PKU&t with the tier VI Kawasaki Ki-61.

I really love that queue screen with the soviet P-40 and the IL-2 (t). The one with the Hs 129 B squadron is also cool, but it really irks me how they're only shooting the underbelly cannon and not the 20s or the machine guns around the nose :sceptic:. Also, do soviet planes really have damage protection in 2.0? I thought it was only simulated through higher HP, not damage reduction while getting shot

Reitousair #798 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

• 9753 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostLMG, on 25 May 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

I really love that queue screen with the soviet P-40 and the IL-2 (t). The one with the Hs 129 B squadron is also cool, but it really irks me how they're only shooting the underbelly cannon and not the 20s or the machine guns around the nose :sceptic:. Also, do soviet planes really have damage protection in 2.0? I thought it was only simulated through higher HP, not damage reduction while getting shot

They do look cool but the thing that does bother me is that the GA show considerably more air marks than ground marks, even though, you know, they're ground attack aircraft.

Actually in most WoWp art GA have more air marks than ground marks which doesn't really make much sense, there's a few exceptions but most GA art follows this trend.

Here's a sample of what I mean:

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

trikke #799 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3079 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

another great ki-61 video...  ty, brother     my last few -61 battles have not been kind to me, but i still love it

a #1 spot in a win by everyone's favorite pilot!

LMG #800 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostReitousair, on 25 May 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

They do look cool but the thing that does bother me is that the GA show considerably more air marks than ground marks, even though, you know, they're ground attack aircraft.

Actually in most WoWp art GA have more air marks than ground marks which doesn't really make much sense, there's a few exceptions but most GA art follows this trend.

Here's a sample of what I mean:

No wonder, that IL-20 is running the quad 23s :teethhappy:

Edited by LMG, 25 May 2018 - 06:49 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users