Two....Point....Oh

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

Quesnel #421 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

The day started off with a pleasant surprise.

Thanks to a restored ingame chat, I had a great conversation with trikke, received a flight request from him and proceeded to belt out a few battles together. Although we didn't win every sortie we flew, I do believe we had a pretty good time nevertheless. Thanks trikke.

After that, things went downhill, ending with a battle in my tier VIII J7W1 Shinden that truly tested my threshold for frustration and composure....

pyantoryng #422 Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2336 battles

Wear the watermelon paint proudly...those stuff are no more, and the tester title is a past long gone after three major version ups (0, 1, and 2)...

...and let's see if chat can make it past 24 hours...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Quesnel #423 Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I am starting to wonder if I had a Maneki Neko or airplane-themed Omamori on my desk, while playing Japanese aircraft, might change my luck?

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #424 Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 22 February 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

After that, things went downhill, ending with a battle [..] that truly tested my threshold for frustration and composure....

I must need to stop playing so many matches per day, especially with certain planes, as I'm having a very hard time with this just in general; so my hat is off to you folks that can avoid becoming salty scrublords most days.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

trikke #425 Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Captain

• 4115 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostQuesnel, on 22 February 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

The day started off with a pleasant surprise.

Thanks to a restored ingame chat, I had a great conversation with trikke, received a flight request from him and proceeded to belt out a few battles together. Although we didn't win every sortie we flew, I do believe we had a pretty good time nevertheless. Thanks trikke.

it's always a pleasure to watch your videos, they're always made with care and attention to detail.

but to get a chance to reminisce about the early days of wowp with you on teamspeak, while we battled against better pilots...  priceless

you're always classy, and a genuinely nice guy...  we're living in a world where we just don't see much of that anymore

ty, Q

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

LMG #426 Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 23 February 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

I must need to stop playing so many matches per day, especially with certain planes, as I'm having a very hard time with this just in general; so my hat is off to you folks that can avoid becoming salty scrublords most days.

Personally I've been having problems with the IL-20 lately. It captures sectors just fine, but it faces off vs a lot of opponents with very big cannons, and it doesn't help that most high-tier maps I end up in usually put me up against a human GAA on a layout that will force me to engage in a dogfight with it, and GAA dogfighting isn't much more than X plane beats Y plane or aerial NASCAR. In general I haven't touched the Me 329 in a while for similar reasons. At least the IL-2 (t) has still been working fine, and the A-26B has been playing more like a heavy than a Bomber lately :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

CorvusCorvax #427 Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• 4555 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostLMG, on 23 February 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

aerial NASCAR

I literally laughed out loud.

Quesnel #428 Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 23 February 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Don't let my onscreen composure fool you, I hide the inner ARGH well.

View Posttrikke, on 23 February 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

it's always a pleasure to watch your videos, they're always made with care and attention to detail.

but to get a chance to reminisce about the early days of wowp with you on teamspeak, while we battled against better pilots...  priceless

you're always classy, and a genuinely nice guy...  we're living in a world where we just don't see much of that anymore

ty, Q

Thanks for inviting me trikke, I had a great time (looking forward to the next) :great:

LMG #429 Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

I think the Bsh-2 got a stealth buff to its bomb reload time. It seems to be 90 seconds now :amazed:

Quesnel #430 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

You would think after my misadventures in my tier VIII J7W1 Shinden and premium tier VI Ki-88 I would have put in a more conscious effort in producing a stellar performance from my tier VII J4M Senden. Short of putting up a list of what some what interpret as excuses, I will just post the video instead....

Edited by Quesnel, 25 February 2018 - 12:46 AM.

LMG #431 Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

The "lead" that suddenly disappears could be an aircraft crashing or someone ramming one of the Air Defense Aircraft. I was just in a fight where a Beaufighter made a pass on the central target of a Military Base and smashed into the ground trying to pull up afterwards. That said, it is possible for Air Defense Aircraft to crash as well, even when they're not engaged in combat (though them crashing while on patrol is a rare occurrence :sceptic:)

pyantoryng #432 Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:39 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2336 battles

Hmmmm....maybe you want to try two ranks of Marksman instead. Those homing bullets beat engine power these days.

When I switched my 109G pilot from Engine Guru (2 ranks) to Marksman (2 ranks) things suddenly got better...but it was too late, as I was moving on to 209 at that point.

...and J7W1 needs those 3cm which would have shredded those bombers you were pursuing...why didn't you grab them? Also in your J7W1 match why didn't you go down for repairs after taking the airbase?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #433 Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

Was there a possible stealth change to the flight model the past few weeks?

At least once a session, especially with a heavy or any plane with even minor wing damage, I've pancaked one into the ground trying to pull out of a dive even with pitch up plus either boost or flaps & brakes.

Doesn't seem to matter which combo I try, or how fast my initial speed, the plane just seems stuck into dropping to the ground belly first.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 25 February 2018 - 06:39 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

Reitousair #434 Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12045 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 25 February 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

At least once a session, especially with a heavy or any plane with even minor wing damage, I've pancaked one into the ground trying to pull out of a dive even with pitch up plus either boost or flaps & brakes.

Doesn't seem to matter which combo I try, or how fast my initial speed, the plane just seems stuck into dropping to the ground belly first.

I don't think it's an FM change. I suspect it's an iffy connection, which can be caused by TONS of different things. But every now and then I've noticed my plane starting to slide out of its usual snapiness which commonly happens when something begins to automatically download and eats through my bandwidth. So don't worry, it's not on you that your planes are being unresponsive, it appears to be an issue with the game itself at the moment.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Quesnel #435 Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:17 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postpyantoryng, on 25 February 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

...and J7W1 needs those 3cm which would have shredded those bombers you were pursuing...why didn't you grab them?

Yeah....I....I....I....

View Postpyantoryng, on 25 February 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

Also in your J7W1 match why didn't you go down for repairs after taking the airbase?

That is purely on me for not even noticing. Sorry....

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 25 February 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

I used to have the very same issue, a few updates ago. Now, it's either I miscalculated the perceived distance between and a possible incoming collision, or I react too slowly to avoid it.

View PostReitousair, on 25 February 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

I don't think it's an FM change. I suspect it's an iffy connection, which can be caused by TONS of different things. But every now and then I've noticed my plane starting to slide out of its usual snapiness which commonly happens when something begins to automatically download and eats through my bandwidth. So don't worry, it's not on you that your planes are being unresponsive, it appears to be an issue with the game itself at the moment.

I could subscribe to things mentioned in here.

The following video contains all the elements that would allow me to label it as my "Best Battle of the 2.0 Era."

How so? Well, it has a lot of names I have seen on the forums, both past and present, therefore a much welcome increase to the "human factor," felt very similar to battles of many yesterdays ago. 

Secondly, I think it was an exposition of things I have demonstrated in my own videos, but with the unique opportunity to see others perform them (seriously, it was almost like I was flying some of the enemy aircraft I engaged with).

Finally, I fly against an old forum friend, SkyWolf_WM, it was good to see him in action (then I came along and ruined it for him).

LMG #436 Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Oh hey, a SkyWolf sighting. When you get the last engine on the Tornado, it becomes so much more capable in aerial combat with a faster average speed and better climb rate. It does loose the giant maw, though :(. Also, I've found the rockets to work very well vs ground targets, and they recharge rather quickly to boot. With it I can help the bot GAAs actually capture sectors (and by that I mean I blow up the important targets while they loll about :rolleyes:)

Quesnel #437 Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostLMG, on 25 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

When you get the last engine on the Tornado, it becomes so much more capable in aerial combat with a faster average speed and better climb rate. It does loose the giant maw, though :(.

This is my expectation for a future Tempest V.

View PostLMG, on 25 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

Also, I've found the rockets to work very well vs ground targets, and they recharge rather quickly to boot. With it I can help the bot GAAs actually capture sectors (and by that I mean I blow up the important targets while they loll about :rolleyes:)

I am hopping to test this out myself, since this would be close preview for how a future Typhoon could perform.

Speaking of the future, it seems another update ( 2.0.4, a big one from what I am hearing/reading) is just around the corner, so to speak. Read those details, found on the EU Portal and posted by MARS_REVENANT here. Briefly glancing through it myself, I noticed there will be two, high tiered premiums that could be earned, by completing certain tasks (details and estimated time consumption figures are not available to me). However, here's a bit of a sneak peak for both of those....

....the tier VIII Curtiss XF-15C Fighter....

....and the Tier VIII Dornier Do 335 A-1 Pfeil German Heavy Fighter.

Edited by Quesnel, 26 February 2018 - 08:38 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #438 Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostQuesnel, on 26 February 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

This is my expectation for a future Tempest V.

I am hopping to test this out myself, since this would be close preview for how a future Typhoon could perform.

Speaking of the future, it seems another update ( 2.0.4, a big one from what I am hearing/reading) is just around the corner, so to speak. Read those details, found on the EU Portal and posted by MARS_REVENANT here. Briefly glancing through it myself, I noticed there will be two, high tiered premiums that could be earned, by completing certain tasks (details and estimated time consumption figures are not available to me). However, here's a bit of a sneak peak for both of those....

....the tier VIII Curtiss XF-15C Fighter....

....and the Tier VIII Dornier Do 335 A-1 Pfeil German Heavy Fighter.

How did you get those screen shots?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

trikke #439 Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• 4115 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

you little sneaker!     lol

and that's not p-shop    i recognize the semi-sloppy texture work of a Persha artist

unless it is p-shop!       

spill the beans, brother 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Quesnel #440 Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 26 February 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

How did you get those screen shots?

View Posttrikke, on 27 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

you little sneaker!     lol

and that's not p-shop    i recognize the semi-sloppy texture work of a Persha artist

unless it is p-shop!       

spill the beans, brother 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users