Two....Point....Oh

• Please log in to reply
824 replies to this topic

Quesnel #381 Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

The above video is my attempt to talkthrough the installation of custom skin for World of Warplanes. The key locations to remember are res_mods (for the vehicles and/or scripts folders) and res\scripts\db (for altering or removing the cacheddb.bin file).

Edited by Quesnel, 11 February 2018 - 09:41 PM.

trikke #382 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostQuesnel, on 11 February 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Do you have have a "go to" plane too?

prob a Spit version in all the various tiers, because i'm an inveterate turner, and i should include the T4 Bristol in that lineup 

i always fly the Eule (it's settled now, it's pronounced Yool) each session and, unless i'm pressured by peers to stay outta T3, i'll fly the Blennie bomber, too

i do better in the fav T4 Blennie F than i have any right to, but it's starting to get lost in the haystack of planes that i'm stockpiling

excellent question, and certainly worthy of it's own thread, Q!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Quesnel #383 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

The usual plan when I make a video is have a particular aircraft ready to go, talk about it briefly, including upgrades I have done and then queue up for a battle.

But, what about those times I skip a step or two?

Edited by Quesnel, 12 February 2018 - 07:29 PM.

LMG #384 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

On soviet GAAs you really have to use properly your rockets and bombs. On the IL-2 (mod.) a bit more, since your ordnance is inadequate for the tier you're using it in, so you might need double the dose of explosions than usual. Those bombs you carry are the same bombs most of the german bombers use, except they toss them four at a time. By the way, just shoot the AA guns, they're unarmored and can be taken down with just your cannons.

I'm actually curious of your opinion on the current Bsh-2. Unlike what most people think, it's quite capable with only four bombs, especially if you have the bomb pilot skill. The other day I got three accidental bombkills followed by one planned bombkill, which ended up winning the game :medal:

PS: I did end up making a "GAA Basics Guide" if you want to check it out.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

pyantoryng #385 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

View PostLMG, on 13 February 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

On soviet GAAs you really have to use properly your rockets and bombs. On the IL-2 (mod.) a bit more, since your ordnance is inadequate for the tier you're using it in, so you might need double the dose of explosions than usual. Those bombs you carry are the same bombs most of the german bombers use, except they toss them four at a time. By the way, just shoot the AA guns, they're unarmored and can be taken down with just your cannons.

I'm actually curious of your opinion on the current Bsh-2. Unlike what most people think, it's quite capable with only four bombs, especially if you have the bomb pilot skill. The other day I got three accidental bombkills followed by one planned bombkill, which ended up winning the game :medal:

Making barbecue all day long with IL-2(mod) and ordnance became backups...:B Although I prefer IL-10 for mid-tier range...don't need the barbecue agent on it to work, either.

And Q...try to shoot off those triangle AA guns where possible. It won't grow back unless you take out the entire thing, and those triangles HURT.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Quesnel #386 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

By the way, just shoot the AA guns, they're unarmored and can be taken down with just your cannons.

View Postpyantoryng, on 13 February 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

And Q...try to shoot off those triangle AA guns where possible. It won't grow back unless you take out the entire thing, and those triangles HURT.

I am sensing a good tip here.

Honestly, I don't have much of an opinion on the current version of the BSh-2. I haven't flown mine nor experienced any noteworthy exchange with an opponent in one since the pre-2.0 days. Back then, it was a very capable ground pounder and effective Very Heavy Fighter (in the right hands), with the only major drawback of not having a rear gunner (shared with the tier V IL-2) for defense.

Really good stuff and explanations in there, fantastic job :great:

After a long wait time in queue, I take a crack at the Wild Blue in my tier IX North American FJ-1 Fury.

trikke #387 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostQuesnel, on 12 February 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

The usual plan when I make a video is have a particular aircraft ready to go, talk about it briefly, including upgrades I have done and then queue up for a battle.

But, what about those times I skip a step or two?

you are an effing national treasure, brother!

what a great photo...   

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

LMG #388 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

From a quick search, the Fury and the Attacker are on-par with how well they turn, even if both have the upgraded airframe. So unless someone really screws up, you'll end up in a merry-go-round every time. It's also kind of why I'm not a fan of GAA vs GAA, as either one plane clearly wins or it becomes "let's play aerial NASCAR" :bajan:

Quesnel #389 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Someone once told me "Life is the longest stress test on the consistency of one's character."

For the most part, the guy you see in my videos is the same guy who walks, talks and exists in the real world too. My outward emotional display is influenced by events, interactions and circumstances that either I can direct and control, participate or merely attend and observe. My inner storm builds when the outward emotions seep in and make a serious attempt to change my core at the time.

Video games seem to have a strong, magnification effect on this, since all of my senses are attuned to what is going on a few feet in front of my face, while attempting to take a semblance of control, or exerting some influence through my fingertips. Not to say I am caught up in the moment, more like being trapped.

Too deep? Watch the video....

CorvusCorvax #390 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

"What a dog's breakfast!"

LOL

LMG #391 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

So I noticed that the British Warplane listing there's a plane that's currently not available in the game displayed as the Ground Attack icon. Does that mean there's still hope for a new GAA line? :ohmy: Edit: upon further inspection, it's a wirraway with a different color. Woops

Anyways, the Hurricane II is extremely deadly at its tier, being capable of erasing quite a few planes in a single pass. However, the guns heat up faster than a light fighter being shot at by a Tsh-2 with incendiary ammo. You have to burst-fire them to get the most out of them. Also keep in mind that you can shoot a bit further than "red numbers". Good news is that the Tornado seems to keep them cool for longer, bad news is that you lose the firepower advantage by fighting stronger enemies :amazed:. Oh, also, do keep in mind these guys don't turn around very well, even with some fancy-flying. Stay clear from Spitfires and japanese fighters :hiding: (the Tornado can at least outrun them and gets better boost)

Edited by LMG, 14 February 2018 - 10:35 PM.

Quesnel #392 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

From changing tiers to settling on a final release name, I take out my tier II premium Soviet Attack Aircraft, Pegasus and experience something that could be best described as revised nostalgia, after all these years.

pyantoryng #393 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

Woah, Pegas, the only tier 1 premium that is not event-related in the entire trilogy!

The prime choice to try for rocket kills in the low tier bracket...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #394 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 15 February 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Woah, Pegas, the only tier 1 premium that is not event-related in the entire trilogy!

The prime choice to try for rocket kills in the low tier bracket...

And about one of the worst GAAs for bots. At least they seem to deal more damage than the Tsh-2 Bots (I wonder if a bot Tsh-2 is even capable of capturing sectors :sceptic:). I wish I had it. Oddly enough, outside of the weaponry it's overall slightly better than the Tsh-2 stats-wise :sceptic:

pyantoryng #395 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:04 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

View PostLMG, on 15 February 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

And about one of the worst GAAs for bots. At least they seem to deal more damage than the Tsh-2 Bots (I wonder if a bot Tsh-2 is even capable of capturing sectors :sceptic:). I wish I had it. Oddly enough, outside of the weaponry it's overall slightly better than the Tsh-2 stats-wise :sceptic:

It has ordnance (between 9 rockets and 2 bombs). That alone kicks the TSh-2 straight in the curbs. It's more maneuverable (of course), but lack rear gunner. The low speed and high endurance lets it sit in any TSh-2's gunner fire and swat them down.

The rockets reload in 60sec too.

Edited by pyantoryng, 15 February 2018 - 08:04 PM.

LMG #396 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 15 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

It has ordnance (between 9 rockets and 2 bombs). That alone kicks the TSh-2 straight in the curbs. It's more maneuverable (of course), but lack rear gunner. The low speed and high endurance lets it sit in any TSh-2's gunner fire and swat them down.

The rockets reload in 60sec too.

Actually, they both seem to turn about the same, with the Pegasus being slightly faster and having no tailgun. I do agree that the ordnance makes a world of difference, though the Tsh-2 can still get the job done for the most part. Sadly I can't properly comment on its performance as I don't own one, but I can get the job done on the Tsh-2 (and those ten machine guns are quite scary when pointed at planes :ohmy:)

Quesnel #397 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostLMG, on 15 February 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

I wish I had it.

Although I maybe more than just a little rusty with mine (as seen in my performance) and other than the collectability/sentimental value, I don't think you are really missing out on much.

LMG #398 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 15 February 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Although I maybe more than just a little rusty with mine (as seen in my performance) and other than the collectability/sentimental value, I don't think you are really missing out on much.

I guess so, I wouldn't fly it much anyways since it's at such a low tier. I'd rather get back my Lbsh :bajan:

Quesnel #399 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostLMG, on 15 February 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

I guess so, I wouldn't fly it much anyways since it's at such a low tier. I'd rather get back my Lbsh :bajan:

Ah....I remember the good times I had in mine, way back when.... Have you put in a ticket to have it returned to your account (you would need an open hangar slot and the Gold equivalent in Credits)?

LMG #400 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2056 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 15 February 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Ah....I remember the good times I had in mine, way back when.... Have you put in a ticket to have it returned to your account (you would need an open hangar slot and the Gold equivalent in Credits)?

...wait, what!? I can ask for it back!? :ohmy:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users