Video - Update 2.0 - The Mighty Jingles approves

video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Raptor_alcor #41 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

Airman Basic

• 67 battles

I see this thread and I laugh at the stupid people who htink they mater. Guess what old guard, you are dead, you are worthless and most importantly YOU ARE WHY THE GAME WAS SO BAD FOR SO LONG. If you had shut up, gotten your head out of your [edited]and actually left the game in it's entirety the rework would have happened earlier. 

Each and every one of you who are complaining about jingles and WG are the reason that the game was failing so horribly for so long and it is AMAZING how inbred you all are. 

IronWolfV #42 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

Love him or hate him(I find him good for some good chuckles) he got me interested in the game again. I had left right after alpha, played once about a year ago and hated it all. Game was poorly optimized, to me felt like tanks in the air instead of planes.

Now, feels more like Hero's over the Pacific. Granted still arcadish, but better flying then before.

Edited by IronWolfV, 13 February 2018 - 09:03 AM.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

SpiritFoxMY #43 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostRaptor_alcor, on 13 February 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

I see this thread and I laugh at the stupid people who htink they mater. Guess what old guard, you are dead, you are worthless and most importantly YOU ARE WHY THE GAME WAS SO BAD FOR SO LONG. If you had shut up, gotten your head out of your [edited]and actually left the game in it's entirety the rework would have happened earlier. 

Each and every one of you who are complaining about jingles and WG are the reason that the game was failing so horribly for so long and it is AMAZING how inbred you all are. 

If you had more than 63 battles that might have had more weight.

Anyway, I don't see how any of this adds to the community. Leave the veterans alone. They're leaving the rest of the forum free of any negativity these days so don't start crap. Don't like it? Do what I do and avoid these threads.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

IronWolfV #44 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

If you had more than 63 battles that might have had more weight.

Anyway, I don't see how any of this adds to the community. Leave the veterans alone. They're leaving the rest of the forum free of any negativity these days so don't start crap. Don't like it? Do what I do and avoid these threads.

this is probably true, but watching the vets go ape**** over the video(which got some of us to come back) is not the best idea when said vets want more players to come in and breath life into said game.

Biting the hand that feeds come to mind. Two way street on what you're asking.

Edited by IronWolfV, 13 February 2018 - 09:18 AM.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

Wombatmetal #45 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 989 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostRaptor_alcor, on 12 February 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

The veterans have earned their wings and are welcome to share their opinions. Some of them hate the new game but are quite helpful answering questions to us new guys. 

View PostIronWolfV, on 13 February 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

this is probably true, but watching the vets go ape**** over the video(which got som3 of us to come back) is not the best idea when said vets want more players to come in and breath life into said game.

Biting the hand that feeds come to mind. Two way street on what you're asking.

This is a zombie thread; emotions were running high those first few days. I had a similar experience with Star Wars Galaxies back in 04 when they trashed a perfectly good combat system and gave us the New Game Experience. I empathize with their anger, and as long as they aren't attacking players they have earned the right to speak their minds. 

I don't want to get that whole thing started again, everyone has moved on. Let's not dredge it up

IronWolfV #46 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 13 February 2018 - 03:23 AM, said:

The veterans have earned their wings and are welcome to share their opinions. Some of them hate the new game but are quite helpful answering questions to us new guys. 

This is a zombie thread; emotions were running high those first few days. I had a similar experience with Star Wars Galaxies back in 04 when they trashed a perfectly good combat system and gave us the New Game Experience. I empathize with their anger, and as long as they aren't attacking players they have earned the right to speak their minds. 

I don't want to get that whole thing started again, everyone has moved on. Let's not dredge it up

Probably true. But my 2 cents. Game needs as much good PR as possible to get more life into the game.

Perco_lator #47 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

• 11 battles

View PostRaptor_alcor, on 13 February 2018 - 02:27 AM, said:

We're all inbred yet you can't even spell think or matter.    

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Bad_Wulf #48 Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 2313 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
I am back because that video, others have come here and said the same. I hope he does more.

As for 1.x vs 2.0. I left after beta because of the lead indicator. He was spot on when he said that you felt like you were just chasing that thing. Ugh, no thanks.

The game has its aim assist now, ok, whatever. Ships has dispersition. They are walking a balance between "feel" and playability for all.

1.x was a dead game walking as a business. I think to many ppl complain on the forums with little to no understanding of business acumen. WoWP is not here to make the game you want it to be.

They are here to make money by attracting the most ppl possible to spend the most money possible, period.

The sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner you can accept the changes and/or move on.

The Jingles video was good for the game.

jack_wdw #49 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 986 battles
stop comparing 1.x to this 2.0, if you just left after beta.

And just a question. I have flown already a couple of sorties in the new game.
Why do you guys keep preaching that the previous game was dead and now it's alive.
They make a lot of promo now and a lot of youtubers have been paid to do a review, but in my opinion it doesn't seem to attract a bigger playerbase.
Whenever i'm ingame, i don't have the impression to see more human players than in 1.9, waiting times are not shorter.
Why would this game generate more money for wg?
And so far for aiming,  it has become more easy to land hits on your opponent.

Bad_Wulf #50 Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 2313 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Lets be clear, I am not asking for, and do not need your permission to make the comparison.

I played before, it was not entertaining enough to keep me as a customer. Now, it has my attention, and I have spent some money on the product. That is called doing business.

I never claimed "it is now alive". All I have said is that if the numbers I have seen claimed in here are anywhere near true, WoWP must have been hemorrhaging money. A business can only sustain that for so long before changes are demanded by stakeholders.

That they even did this much of an overhaul shows that the money people of the company gave an ultimatum, "get profitable or we close your doors."

Easier aiming now or not, the point was "chasing a circle". For me that made for zero immersion. I assume it had the same impact on others.

FIight #51 Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

• 4145 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostRaptor_alcor, on 13 February 2018 - 02:27 AM, said:

The reason is WG RU never listened to us. They are inbred instead.

mnbv_fockewulfe #52 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBad_Wulf, on 16 February 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Lets be clear, I am not asking for, and do not need your permission to make the comparison.

I played before, it was not entertaining enough to keep me as a customer. Now, it has my attention, and I have spent some money on the product. That is called doing business.

I never claimed "it is now alive". All I have said is that if the numbers I have seen claimed in here are anywhere near true, WoWP must have been hemorrhaging money. A business can only sustain that for so long before changes are demanded by stakeholders.

That they even did this much of an overhaul shows that the money people of the company gave an ultimatum, "get profitable or we close your doors."

Easier aiming now or not, the point was "chasing a circle". For me that made for zero immersion. I assume it had the same impact on others.

You could've turned the lead indicator off. All good pilots did that occasionally and knew the benefits of it. However, why permanently deprive yourself of an advantage that everyone had?

The fact of the matter is, the people who stuck around after 1.5 were the minority.

People who play 2.0 now are...

still the minority.

2.0 was supposed to be (according to us), the version that brought in new players and kept the old.

Instead, it brought in new players who left and the old ones left too.

2.0 is such a smart business action since it tricked you into spending money.:sceptic:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Bad_Wulf #53 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 2313 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
The gaming experiance is subjuctive, but business is objective.

I played through, and after, beta. I quit even though I very much wanted the game to succeed and spent money on ot in beta. That was a subjective decision on my part. The game failed to keep my interest.

Objective fact, the game went through major overhauls in 2.0. The logical deduction, and probably stated reason, was that it didn't have the financial sustainability needed to continue.

I became aware of those overhauls from the Jingles video, and is what lead to me trying it again.

Subjective - I like the game now. I am playing 20 - 40 matches a week and spend money on the game.

There is no "tricking" me involved there unless you consider all advertising (including word of mouth from current customers) as trickery.

If I didn't like 2.0, I wouldn't still be playing it, I wouldn't lurk in the forums to learn more, and I wouldn't have spent money.

You can be upset until the cows come home, I'm not taking that away from you. But the game you liked was u sustainable as a business. Welcome to capitalism.

Edited by Bad_Wulf, 16 February 2018 - 07:36 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #54 Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBad_Wulf, on 16 February 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

The gaming experiance is subjuctive, but business is objective.

I played through, and after, beta. I quit even though I very much wanted the game to succeed and spent money on ot in beta. That was a subjective decision on my part. The game failed to keep my interest.

Objective fact, the game went through major overhauls in 2.0. The logical deduction, and probably stated reason, was that it didn't have the financial sustainability needed to continue.

I became aware of those overhauls from the Jingles video, and is what lead to me trying it again.

Subjective - I like the game now. I am playing 20 - 40 matches a week and spend money on the game.

There is no "tricking" me involved there unless you consider all advertising (including word of mouth from current customers) as trickery.

If I didn't like 2.0, I wouldn't still be playing it, I wouldn't lurk in the forums to learn more, and I wouldn't have spent money.

You can be upset until the cows come home, I'm not taking that away from you. But the game you liked was u sustainable as a business. Welcome to capitalism.

Allow me to tell you 2.0, the game you like now, is unsustainable business. The game had potential, no one is disagreeing here. However, 2.0 is not going to make WG the heaps of money that they want it too. Player populations are stagnant. Persha still doesn't listen to player suggestions. Everything is "plans" or "soon" (btw plans means they haven't even started work on it yet). What potential the game had is now buried in constant game crashes, broken chat, broken economy, constant money grabs, and horrible priorities (freakin whales were added to the game and they're not even visible).  

The trickery,

it's a free to play game. I haven't spent a dime on this game. And don't think because I didn't spend money I didn't contribute to the prolonged stasis of the game. I allowed WG's paying customers to have a human opponent in an online PvP game. I did my part. Yes, money is the objective for WG, but WOWP as it is now isn't even a good game, let alone one worth spending hard earned money on it.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Bad_Wulf #55 Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 2313 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Well, you might be right. 2.0 may be an "unsustainable business".

I hope your wrong.

But I have to ask - Do you hope your wrong?

Because it seems that the forums have a significant population of 1.x veterans that would rather see 2.0 fail than have WoWP succeed.

mnbv_fockewulfe #56 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBad_Wulf, on 16 February 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Well, you might be right. 2.0 may be an "unsustainable business".

I hope your wrong.

But I have to ask - Do you hope your wrong?

Because it seems that the forums have a significant population of 1.x veterans that would rather see 2.0 fail than have WoWP succeed.

It's kind of a spite thing.

I myself, can't really make up my mind.

If they (the devs) stay on their current trajectory, they deserve what they get.

However, we were told we would never have bombers. 2.0 was a radical change. Who's to say anther radical change in 4 years won't happen to bring us back.:unsure:

Then there are those that think WOWP is an insanity test.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

CorvusCorvax #57 Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 16 February 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

Then there are those that think WOWP is an insanity test.

I am afraid to ask - if I enjoy playing, does that mean I am passing?  Or am I failing?

Bad_Wulf #58 Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 2313 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Understood. About a year ago I went back to Warcraft after Warships did the tier 7 ranked, with the Belfast... bla bla bla. I burt out.

After being away from WoW for 4+ years I found a completely changed game, and was disappointed to say the least. My forum privileges were suspended a number of times for calling for the lead devs figurative head.

So I get it, a game your vested in changed. And your pissed. All I ask is please don't torpedo it for us resub noobs.

Maybe we can get aspects you like back, in time, and grow the population at the same time.

Yeah I know, I'm much to optimistic at times for my 50+ years.

mnbv_fockewulfe #59 Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBad_Wulf, on 16 February 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Understood. About a year ago I went back to Warcraft after Warships did the tier 7 ranked, with the Belfast... bla bla bla. I burt out.

After being away from WoW for 4+ years I found a completely changed game, and was disappointed to say the least. My forum privileges were suspended a number of times for calling for the lead devs figurative head.

So I get it, a game your vested in changed. And your pissed. All I ask is please don't torpedo it for us resub noobs.

Maybe we can get aspects you like back, in time, and grow the population at the same time.

Yeah I know, I'm much to optimistic at times for my 50+ years.

And I'm too jaded for my less than 20 years.:rolleyes:

There are very few of us here that wouldn't lend out a helping hand if you ask for it. We had/have a tight nit community of vagrant vagabonds too stubborn to give up a game that's lost it's potential. :D

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Worland #60 Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
I only came back because I caught Jingle's video on 2.0. I actually enjoy the game now. It's a great diversion from tanks.

Also tagged with video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users