video

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

thegreenbaron #21 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2727 battles
  • [KERN] KERN

Amazing: all the salt from WoWS oceans must be coming up here.  For the first time in a long time I'm having FUN in this game, and I'm reading all these people throwing bitchfits about OH MY GOD MY STATS! BAN 2.0 BECAUSE I WHINE SO!

I had been playing War Blunder rather than this game, now I'm reconsidering coming back, not due to the game sucking, since it has vastly improved, but because the player toxicity is reaching south sea cone shell levels.

Vandrel #22 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 608 battles

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 12 October 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

If you want bots go play IL-2. It's the old farts who kept Re game afloat. This will sink it.

The playerbase the game had pre-2.0 was not keeping the game afloat. I highly doubt the game was making any money whatsoever. There's a reason they had to resort to massive changes in an effort to appeal to more potential players.

dityboycom #23 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

The playerbase the game had pre-2.0 was not keeping the game afloat. I highly doubt the game was making any money whatsoever. There's a reason they had to resort to massive changes in an effort to appeal to more potential players.

If you can't beat em because you don't know how to listen to your playerbase, and continue to do whatever the F you want, and sabotage the game update after update, coming up with [edited]excuses why it isn't working, when your population tells you why they're leaving. Join them by copy and paste. Then delete 90% of what makes their game good, and say "soon!"

Vandrel #24 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 608 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 13 October 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

If you can't beat em because you don't know how to listen to your playerbase, and continue to do whatever the F you want, and sabotage the game update after update, coming up with [edited]excuses why it isn't working, when your population tells you why they're leaving. Join them by copy and paste. Then delete 90% of what makes their game good, and say "soon!"

You're not getting it. The way the game was before 2.0 just wasn't working. A game cant survive with under 200 active players. Sorry it's not the same game you were playing anymore, but your version was going to die anyways.

dityboycom #25 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

You're not getting it. The way the game was before 2.0 just wasn't working. A game cant survive with under 200 active players. Sorry it's not the same game you were playing anymore, but your version was going to die anyways.

You're not getting it. The game they just killed was no ones idea of a good game either; but, WG regularly got feedback on what people did think was a good game and they ignored it. Now they stole someone else game; but, also botched that and delivered an unfinished product to a jaded consumer base.

There is not a single educated gamer left on the market that trust Wargaming with any product, let alone a re-branded failure they continuously told the player base "Tough cookies, this is what we're doing, grab a beer sit down and enjoy yourself or get out."

Vandrel #26 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 608 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 13 October 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

You're not getting it. The game they just killed was no ones idea of a good game either; but, WG regularly got feedback on what people did think was a good game and they ignored it. Now they stole someone else game; but, also botched that and delivered an unfinished product to a jaded consumer base.

There is not a single educated gamer left on the market that trust Wargaming with any product, let alone a re-branded failure they continuously told the player base "Tough cookies, this is what we're doing, grab a beer sit down and enjoy yourself or get out."

Ah yes, the "we know better than the game devs" argument. Sorry, but the vast majority of players don't have the first clue how to actually make a good game. Changes begged for by any game's community are almost always trash.

dityboycom #27 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Ah yes, the "we know better than the game devs" argument. Sorry, but the vast majority of players don't have the first clue how to actually make a good game. Changes begged for by any game's community are almost always trash.

The argument would be valid if the changes by the devs were not regularly trash.

The population told them their ideas were trash, they should have tried something different rather than changing sounds no one complained about every patch, and regularly making drastic games to the game as an entirety instead of subtle changes easing the population into their desired vision.

Instead they alienated their playerbase, and essentially treated them as if they were doing them a favor, rather than the playerbase paying them for a product.

BDNeon #28 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 971 battles
  • [TLSC] TLSC

View Postdityboycom, on 13 October 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

The argument would be valid if the changes by the devs were not regularly trash.

The population told them their ideas were trash, they should have tried something different rather than changing sounds no one complained about every patch, and regularly making drastic games to the game as an entirety instead of subtle changes easing the population into their desired vision.

Instead they alienated their playerbase, and essentially treated them as if they were doing them a favor, rather than the playerbase paying them for a product.

They "Alienated" 200 people. Cry me a river.

dityboycom #29 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBDNeon, on 13 October 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

They "Alienated" 200 people. Cry me a river.

lol, I stand corrected. Maybe there are no educated people playing games left, they can't recall past a few months.

I see 2014 is forgotten.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #30 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostVandrel, on 13 October 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

This is true. But the playerbase before 1.5 was. Literally every time we warned them not to do some stupid stuff they did, and it got worse. I'm not a big fan of fans leading development, but here I can't even qualify Persha as a development company. They are at best ahilding company- something to work on a game and keep it going or slow its decline. Nothing better. Never improve.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

ArrowZ_ #31 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

There's a reason why he likes this new change. He said it himself at the beginning of the video. Lowering expectations has a way of affecting your level of "fun". Especially if you're under the dillusion that nothing could be worse than what we had before 2.0.

I wonder if he is even aware of the mass complaints in the forums for all the 3 regions about 2.0. You don't really need to go far to sift through the rage/quit posts. Just the polls created by WG or some other player that is otherwise doing WG's job.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

x_WARHOG_x #32 Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:51 AM

• 29916 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Jingles is an idiot, know how I know he didn't like wowp when it first came out but now he does since its a poor copy of WT which he loved to begin with......

That fool couldn't find his [edited]with both hands...............:facepalm:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

x_WARHOG_x #33 Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:54 AM

• 29916 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postthegreenbaron, on 13 October 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Amazing: all the salt from WoWS oceans must be coming up here.  For the first time in a long time I'm having FUN in this game, and I'm reading all these people throwing bitchfits about OH MY GOD MY STATS! BAN 2.0 BECAUSE I WHINE SO!

I had been playing War Blunder rather than this game, now I'm reconsidering coming back, not due to the game sucking, since it has vastly improved, but because the player toxicity is reaching south sea cone shell levels.

Yeah your now considering coming back since they have made the game dumber and stupider for idiots and fools alike who couldn't handle the learning curve of the original game.......

Sneaking up on your six.....................

IndygoEEI #34 Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 742 battles

Jesus bloody Christ.  There's so much mud in this thread that I've had to nix the comments

I was going to reply to.  However I am definately going to reply to one....

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 12 October 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Have you seen the past 3 years? One crapshow after another. Just when we think they get their act together they make it worse. When they finally get a good group of players due to events latency goes through the roof. Persha isn't fit to make an iPhone game much less WoWP.

I was here until the miserable 1.5 update and since then I've checked off and on about planes. 

Also pay attention because you're not talking to one Alpha tester in this thread, BUT TWO! 

Both of us got to see the screwups that Persha engaged in till 1.5.  Well at least for me, but I

don't know if Van was.  Anyways, Everything was fine in testing till the dreaded 0.52 update.

After 0.52 there was a massive exodus of players that did support the game or were going to?

So what happened in that dreaded 0.52 update?

THE DAMN ALTITUDE MECHANIC HAPPENED!  Granted no one said a thing before 0.52

because we assumed it was going to be either an afterthought or a gradual implementation

with consultation from the playerbase.  However they went FULL [edited]and implemented it

in fully while ignoring the players who said NO.  Thus began a series of F UPS that continued

until Persha got to around 1.8ish patch and said "Gee this was completely bad idea!". 

Meanwhile around 1.0 to 1.5 many players who are participating are saying, "Fix your mouse!"

Some are saying, "Hey do it through the physics!"  Then you have me and others are saying

"DON"T touch the physics!  You've already messed it up enough!  DO IT THE SMART WAY! 
FIX THE MOUSE BY TWEAKING IT'S CONTROLS NOT THE PHYSICS!"  Well....

We know how that went.

In the end I do want to say this.  Your beloved fatherless child mashup of arcade speed

and controls mixed in with Sim like physics DOES NOT WORK!  IT HAS NOT WORKED, 

WILL CONTINUE NOT TO WORK AND HAS FAILED!  Your sacred cow is dead!  Deal with it.

So yeah I was keeping tabs on this game, but that wasn't the point of my comment which I'll

get to at the end.  I've got other things I'd like to address first...

1)  Is WG really going to listen to 200-300 Primetime NA Planes players compared to the

multitudes of Russians and EU players.  You guys are vastly outnumbered.  There's not a

good reason to listen to you.  Have you not learned from WoT?  Oh wait you haven't as

evidenced by the posts of how insulated you've become over the years.

2)  To me, 2.0 seems to be reversion of things to the way they were before 0.52 physics

wise, which is good.

3)  Conquest is what the game should have been all along yet no one knew it, not even

Persha.  Remember this is part of a Trilogy.  Granted classic supremacy mode is nice, but

in order for that one to work, you'd have to have some sort of respawning in place or

give GAs and Bombers something new to do when everything gets killed.

I think that covers the all the extra bases.  Now for the original point of my original post...

WHY THE BLOODY **** CRAP **** ARE YOU TAKING OUT YOUR FRUSTERATION ON A JINGLES!?  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

HE HAD AN OPINION AND YOU DON'T LIKE IT?  WHY!?  BECAUSE IT MEANS CHANGE, A CHANGE YOU DO NOT LIKE AND DISAGREE WITH THAT HE HAS NOTHING TO BLOODY DO WITH!  IF YOU WANNA BE MAD BE MAD AT THE APPROPRIATE PEOPLE

OTHERWISE....

SHUT UP!

And don't say he's a shill!  your so far insulated you aren't even aware of the BLOODY

SirFoch Debacle.

dityboycom #35 Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostIndygoEEI, on 14 October 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Yeah, reported Mr. Alpha.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #36 Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostIndygoEEI, on 14 October 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

WHY THE BLOODY **** CRAP **** ARE YOU TAKING OUT YOUR FRUSTERATION ON A JINGLES!?  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

OTHERWISE....

SHUT UP!

Respect is earned. I know alot of people don't respect me- that means I haven't earned it from them. Jingles has done nothing to earn my respect. He is perhaps my least favorite Wargaming streamer. He is just... yuck. His endorsment of something means less than nothing to me.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

DoctorQuacks #37 Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

Airman Basic

• 18 battles

View PostSluggerJackson, on 12 October 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Regardless of your opinion of Jingles, I happen to agree with his assessment, WoWP 2.0 is the best version to come out in the last few years.  Finally people will have to work as a team instead of getting killed by high-alt planes with an unfair advantage.  GAs will be useful for their designed roles, and Heavy fighters will be used for their intended purpose.

2.0 is as WOWP should have always been.  I will be happier flying against bots instead of you elitist pricks.  Please go find a flight simulator to play, and stop trying to wreck this lovely arcade game.

This guy. I like this guy.

Also tagged with video

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users