Analysis - update 2.0 community (RU/EU) feedback

Analysis

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

It has been a day for the other communities in receiving the update 2.0. Some have commented on their respected forums.

I am not going to link most of the sources because there are too many links to place here. So here are a few to note

Block Quote

It’s sad how the best argument anyone comes up with to defend patch 2.0 is <player name deleted> saying “WoWp has not enough players and 2.0 is the last chance for the game to survive so we have to love it and hope for the best”
At the same time they pulled out the number of players online from the game and removed all incentives (daily missions for tokens, plane birthday)
(Note: FVE - I cannot confirmed if daily missions tokens where pulled from the RU WoWP server)

Block Quote

I wonder how the leadership of the parent company is aware of what is happening here? 

Block Quote

I sat on the I-5 yesterday for 25 minutes in anticipation of the fight, but the "suitable opponent" did not appear       :great:
The question is, how can a newcomer who got here accidentally start playing this game? At first I thought that this was their feature, like not letting old men into the sand ... but then I doper, what kind of a novice !? With us all removed the "cowards" and sent to the archive .. it turns out that no one just needs more tokens or no longer plays in this mode (the online counter was removed in order to avoid laughter)

Block Quote

And where is everybody?

The second day I study the forum on a still not yet banned account, I read what the players think, how they behave in connection with the changes that have fallen on their heads .. and in principle everything is clear, as expected .. :facepalm:

But practically I do not see those whom I saw every day, whom I met sometimes and whom very rarely :great:

Really most constant even from a forum have left? Or maybe all amicably went to the general "bath"?

I see only the tankmen, or those pilots who were forced to come here in captivity in an attempt to find the answer to the question what did it have to do on their computer yesterday? :B

I repent, I sinned yesterday! in pursuit of a few missing for the month premium counters, I stuck in HP for a few hours :amazed: finished off to 149 :angry: and with a severe headache and heavily tired eyes decided to let his body rest until today :(

Block Quote

99% of the community say 2.0 is bad developed, over weeks on testserver. And you talk about "a game cannot please every single player." :facepalm:
 And you tell us that Wargaming released a half game, and you will bring all the better features later?  You are serious?
To lunch a pre-beta game without content and features is the same as relaunch a bad game.
 Right track... *speechless*  Show us the Feedback which says you would be on the right track?   Nothing you will show, nothing you can show us.

Block Quote

Bertiux #216     Posted Today, 11:39 AM
EU Producer
WG Staff

851 battles

Hello everyone,

We completely respect all of your opinions about the new update (as long as they are expressed respectfully), and quite frankly, believe me that I do understand some of your points and your concerns. The development team, and all Wargaming employees in general, is full of dedicated gamers that love World of Warplanes as much as you do, so we have a pretty good idea of why some of you are not fully satisfied with the new build.

You guys have dedicated countless hours and played thousands of battles in the previous 1.x mode, and now we are asking you to play something that feels different, which keeps the essence of World of Warplanes, but which introduces big changes in multiples areas of the game. That’s why you can rightfully be upset if the new game mode doesn’t click for you.

Under no circumstance we want to silence or ignore your criticism: you have every right to guide us through the development path that you consider the right one. All we ask is to have it channeled in a constructive manner, so we can benefit from it and keep improving the game.

This said, why 2.0? We have felt that WoWP needs a major update for quite a long time. We have to evolve the game further so that it provides more interesting, exciting and rewarding experience, while making it more accessible to a wider player base. That’s why we made WoWP 2.0. And the results we got from all the open/limited/focus and other tests show that we are on the right track (please consider paying a visit to the North American and Russian dedicated threads, before assuming that this statement is false – and that’s just about the visible feedback, it doesn’t include focus, limited and internal tests). 

1.X has been a good, nearly niche and highly skill-dependent game, however it eventually crystallized into an ever-repeating dogfight experience, and that’s why we felt we need to move further and develop WoWP in another direction.

Over the course of the whole development life of the game (which is almost four years now since release), our dev team has put a lot of effort into every single iteration, always looking to improve the title and to bring new content that could make the game more exciting. 2.0 is not an exception to this approach: it has been designed to implement a more complex game mode, with a deeper tactical approach where each class has a bigger impact on the course of the battle.

Changes are never easy, and obviously, a game cannot please every single player. That just doesn’t exist. What we ask you to keep an open mind with 2.0, as this patch is not the end, but only the beginning: we will keep releasing updates periodically, and we need your sincere and constructive feedback to make World of Warplanes a more enjoyable experience.

Just to share some of the most immediate little improvements, please note that we will bring back the flaps control, altimeter and horizon settings. In a longer term, we also plan to implement full bombers branches, and an additional game mode aimed for experienced players. Those are just a few of the multiple additions that we have planned: we have a great list of features to implement / areas to improve, which will be added in our game as we keep developing it, and in order to identify the most needed ones and the direction to take, we count on your constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading and for taking this suggestion into account.

EU WoWP forum source link

And as usual someone made this rant video that everyone should is aware of in its format.

** Warning ** there are some choice words in the sub-titles, not really good for office viewing. However nothing is said on the audio as far as I can tell.

Now I am off to do the download and see what Persha has wrought on us.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

pyantoryng #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

Well, they forgot to add the test tokens for sure.

Player number in server is also no longer available...WG's too scared to face the truth.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

20thCenturyLtd #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

"Now I am off to do the download and see what Persha has wrought on us."

No need to waste time or disc space for that. It's exactly the same crap we tested in Sept.

GouIdy #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18632 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 October 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Player number in server is also no longer available...WG's too scared to face the truth.

Player numbers are still available here     https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

Doesn't look good for RU as the first day of 2.0 didn't see any increase in people chomping at the bit to test it out.

EU saw a marginal bump in players on the first day but I'm sure it was just a case of curiosity.

We will see what happens here today.

FlakValleyExpress #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 12 October 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

No need to waste time or disc space for that. It's exactly the same crap we tested in Sept.

I want to see for myself. I want to see what they changed since then.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

BrushWolf #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 12 October 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

"Now I am off to do the download and see what Persha has wrought on us."

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 12 October 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

I want to see for myself. I want to see what they changed since then.

They addressed few if any of our concerns, no artificial horizon - even WT has that and no target window - we have sim controls in an arcade game and they even removed some things like how many are online when in the hanger. On top of that they completely reset the control schemes we have built up over the years, control schemes that 90% of are still what we want. :facepalm:

View PostGouIdy, on 12 October 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Player numbers are still available here     https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

Doesn't look good for RU as the first day of 2.0 didn't see any increase in people chomping at the bit to test it out.

EU saw a marginal bump in players on the first day but I'm sure it was just a case of curiosity.

That is a very clunky way to find that out. Anyone that hasn't played for a long time will not be happy because this addresses none of the things those people wanted.

If I wanted to play War Thunder I would play War Thunder. I highly doubt this will attract new players and I also highly doubt this will attract old players. This is Star Wars Galaxies New Game Experience all over again.

Edited by BrushWolf, 12 October 2017 - 02:42 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

jack_wdw #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5846 battles

Ah man, i played this game so much over the past year.

Can't really enjoy the 2.0.
It might be more enjoyable if you put the 1.9 in the 2.0.
Go back to the flight models as we know, loose the new hud-interface or let us at least choose which hud-interface we want to use. Definitely loose the respawning.

And just put in the old battle mode as a side-campaign.
Maybe it's a bit dull for you as a developper, but still, for most of us that was the USP why we chose WOWP over WT.

Crap this will be cold turkey tonight

Edited by jack_wdw, 12 October 2017 - 03:48 PM.

wolfe58 #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3203 battles

So far after doing the large update. I'm wondering if it even did update. In spite of version showing it IS 2.0. There is no conquest mode (or how to go to it is hidded). Nor are there any bombers in tech tree or anywhere else. To say this is odd is a massive understatement. Oh well...par for the course.

20thCenturyLtd #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

First, there is only Conquest mode now....just hit "Battle".

Bomber trees coming "Soon".

GouIdy #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18632 battles

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 12 October 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Bomber trees coming "Soon".

Ya why would they have one of the more talked up features available on release day, that would just be crazy.

20thCenturyLtd #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 12 October 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Ya why would they have one of the more talked up features available on release day, that would just be crazy.

It's the "Persha Way". We peasants must all stand in awe of their programming & marketing brillance.

GouIdy #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18632 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Putting my tinfoil hat on here, I just tried to get updated numbers from the site & it seems it hasn't updated past the time I made the post about being able to still track users online.

Is WG now preventing access to the data? lol

20thCenturyLtd #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 12 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Putting my tinfoil hat on here, I just tried to get updated numbers from the site & it seems it hasn't updated past the time I made the post about being able to still track users online.

Is WG now preventing access to the data? lol

Noticed that as well. You can't see it in game anymore...doesn't speak well about their confidence in their product, does it.

ArrowZ_ #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles
Lol... that video was both hilarious and depressing. Used in so many games but still finds a way to be relevant even with WOWP. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Also tagged with Analysis

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users