• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Article here: https://ritastatusre...eased-tomorrow/

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Sassover #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
Yawn.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:34 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5725 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Block Quote

The next steps will be implemented in the upcoming major updates 2.1 and 2.2. We will be adding functions to help new players quickly get the hang of the game as well as separate end-game modes for veterans to encourage them to spend more time in the game and to research top aircraft by granting unique awards to them. 

2.1 Is coming early November.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

soshootmenow #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 69 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

MARS, you know me. I understand what WoWP/WG are trying to do from a business standpoint. But to me, there seemed to be at least a couple of better options. I suggested making 2.0 an additional game mode and to make several of the more popular changes so many have been asking for to the current game mode. That way they could have kept their veteran players, possibly made some of them crossovers to the new game mode, and been able to attract new players with the new game mode. I am sure some people would play both modes. I find it very difficult to believe that making this an addition instead of a wholesale substitution would have been too difficult or expensive considering the effort that must have gone into a complete redesign.

Instead what you very well may end up with is a great many disappointed (again) alienated players who will feel all of their concerns, ideas, and suggestions have been repeatedly, and now completely, ignored.

Perhaps you could run my suggestion past someone again to see if it is a feasible option that could be pursued. I have no idea if it was ever brought to anyone's attention before.

From my perspective this would have been a better decision instead of ignoring and alienating those of us that have stuck with the game for so long.

Not to mention all the time and effort we put into it. I am not a big spender here but my Clan boss is. Over $4k. So are several others that I know.

I am willing to try the new mode but truth be told I liked the lines the game was progressing in with the current mode. The plane modeling and markings are outstanding and far better than any other game I know of. The flight characteristics FEEL like flight. The camaraderie and good-natured competition even amongst opponents is far better here than in the other WG games. They don't even allow opposing team chat in WOT anymore. I have more friends here than in the other two games combined. I have worked my way up to Executive Officer rank in my Clan here.

And I have a sad, sad, feeling I am ultimately going to lose....and miss....all of that.

Zapperguy #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Block Quote

Respawn

One of the main new features in the update is the ability to re-enter the same battle. There is now no need to disengage from a fight and try to save the last hit points after receiving heavy damage. Losing a plane does not mean the end of the battle any more. Players can

respawn several times during each battle.

If you have no patience, skills, or desire to use tactics of any sort, download this debacle today!

:facepalm:

Cpt_Toyol #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 3230 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

respawn is for kiddies

Swearengen5 #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 17 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

What in the hell happened that they actually thought this is good enough to release and replace 1.9 ???? 

Did programmers/executives/testers actually play this arcade garbage or what ???

Who at WarGaming DECIDED TO SKIP REAL PUBLIC TESTS at conventions like Comicon, PAX West, PAX East, GenCon, etc and see what real gamer feedback would be ???

Eliminating 1.9 and forcing 2.0 on this community was just lazy, ignorant, corporate thinking. 

Edited by Swearengen5, 12 October 2017 - 05:43 PM.

Sassover #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 12 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

What in the hell happened that they actually thought this is good enough to release and replace 1.9 ???? 

Did programmers/executives/testers actually play this arcade garbage or what ???

Who at WarGaming DECIDED TO SKIP REAL PUBLIC TESTS at conventions like Comicon, PAX West, PAX East, GenCon, etc and see what real gamer feedback would be ???

Eliminating 1.9 and forcing 2.0 on this community was just lazy, ignorant, corporate thinking. 

I'm sorry, but, what's new here ??

Kirov_Six #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 63 battles

I have no opinion on 2.0 yet, but, what you had before wasn't going to keep the lights on.   But, people don't want to hear that, and want to hold on to the zombie you had.  That's not going to happen no matter you post how many times that you're mad, or you're leaving, or WG sucks or...whatever.

I'm not saying what they have at 2.0 will work any better, but, makes more sense than keeping a known turd that ~500 people even logged into at night in NA.  If that still doesn't work, it's time for it to go away, and put resources into WoT and WoWS instead.  

Sassover #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View Postmavfin87, on 12 October 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

I have no opinion on 2.0 yet, but, what you had before wasn't going to keep the lights on.   But, people don't want to hear that, and want to hold on to the zombie you had.  That's not going to happen no matter you post how many times that you're mad, or you're leaving, or WG sucks or...whatever.

I'm not saying what they have at 2.0 will work any better, but, makes more sense than keeping a known turd that ~500 people even logged into at night in NA.  If that still doesn't work, it's time for it to go away, and put resources into WoT and WoWS instead.  

You act as though 2.0 was the only option available...with just 17 games invested here, you haven't a clue. The community has suggested changes for the past four years that have fallen on deaf ears. Things that would have at least brought back many of the lost players from pre1.5. Instead we have this crap which won't bring back anyone new or old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users