What is World of Warplanes 2.0 Conquest mode all about?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #21 Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

I really wish they had made more effort with #4 & #5. I was at one point giving some great ideas in the suggestions thread or placing my post-to-be-moderated in the blog post just to see if any of the developers would chat with us or just to consider our suggestions to help make WOWP 1.X work.

What I got in return = crickets. A whole bunch of them. 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 14 October 2017 - 09:18 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

MAJ_Radmo #22 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 29095 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

This is whats it is all about !

I'm getting reports from my clan members that even if they win the battle they're losing silver ! One clan member told me he lost 20,000 in silver ! He also told me that when he runs out he's not going to buy it , he will just quit the game ! And he's one of my best players !

On another note the aircraft is too close to the screen distracts the players from dogfighting ! Enemy aircraft coming out of nowhere ! Total confusion on the battle map ,only can see part of it ! No lead compensator to adjust for fire ! Daily missions are not daily missions actually takes 3 to 4 days to get a set done. My family isn't going to allow me to be in the back room on the computer for four or five hours a day this is not going to happen ! Which means getting tokens is nearly impossible ! I also experienced losing silver when I did win the game so my clan members are accurate in what they're saying, We need to make 2.0 an optional mode I challenged the developers to do this ! I feel that the reason why they didn't do it is because nobody would actually play the 2.0 mode if it were optional ! The situational awareness of this game is very bad you don't know who's coming at you from what direction ! I was in the US Army first air cavalry I flew helicopters Cessna bird dogs . When I was in the air I knew exactly what was going on all around me ! The older mode of game play was the most realistic as far as the aircraft handling and flying . 2.0 is not a flight simulator it's more of a arcade game meant for little teenyboppers who don't want to spend any money . The reason why I spent about $3000 on this game the old mode that we were playing is because of the realistic flight characteristics and you were able to apply tactics with you and your wing man ... This 2.0 mode game tactics don't apply all it is is a big cluster screw in the air ! Also the biggest issue here when you're in close combat with an enemy aircraft the AA is causing damage to your aircraft but not causing any damage to his ! This definitely has to change ! This is not an accurate battle scenario. I was a beta tester when they were testing 2.0 80% of us told them no go on the game but they put it in here anyway forcing it on us ! This is a big no-no I remember when they changed 1.5 we gave them our input they didn't listen to us we lost most of our players when this happened developers are you listening ?? Listen to your players we know best some of us are real pilots ! Were not playing war thunder here ! I tried that game first and I did not like it three years ago .. When I found world of warplanes I loved every minute of it that's why invested the $3000 ... But I will not invest any money into 2.0 ... Or tanks or world of warships because of what is happened here .. This has to do with respect to the players it took me three years to get the 335th clan together . Now I have to sit here with heart felt feelings listening to my clan members with broken hearts because they had a passion for the old game . No developers you made a big mistake on this one ! Make this 2.0 at optional mode ... Put our old game back so we can enjoy playing it.. 2.0 is not enjoyable at all especially when you're losing silver ! I'm not hearing happy players on team speak right now I'm hearing frustrated disappointed people who loved the real world of warplanes not 2.0 ! We would like to put our faith and trust in the wargaming industry but right now we feel that you let us down ! ... Sincerely yours ! Commander of the 335th fighter squadron MAJ_Radmo. US Army veteran. ps. Not going to correct punctuation or spelling I'm too upset right now !

SmilinJack #23 Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28403 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I have been away from wowp for the last few months and just logged in and downloaded 2.0 yesterday.  I am still in a state of confusion with the game.  I really like the new graphics but there are quite a few things I am still confused about.  Situational awareness has taken a huge hit in the game.  I have no idea what is going on around me in battle.  I have no idea when a plane is getting behind me or who or what it is until I start taking fire.  The requirements to win a battle addle my poor aging brain and I have a hard time trying to determine what I need to do...I just keep trying to shoot down the enemy as per usual, but have a feeling more is required.  Earning any points seems to be very difficult.  Even downing enemy aircraft seems to be futile. 

I am still trying to figure this new 2.0 out and my "stats" will show it.  I was pretty confidant when I was playing pre-2.0, but now I am in the dark about what the hell I am supposed to be doing to gain a victory.   I guess I will try and continue to play, at least for a while, but I am not sure how long the game will continue to hold my interest.  It is a completely new game and I have not decided yet if it is something that I can still enjoy like I used to.  I guess time will tell as to whether or not I will continue to play.  I have noticed that I have no contact with the rest of my clan as no one seems to be logged on (I notice that number of active players is no long displayed either, I wonder why).  

I really enjoyed playing WOWP pre.-2.0, now I'm not so sure.  As I said, time will tell.

SmilinJack...still active (for now)

chenault_fighter #24 Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 15886 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I read these instructions and I say to myself... hmmm what did I just read compared to the time I have spent in the new 2.0... I as Commander of a large clan have a few options

1. advocate a total mutiny and boycott of this poorly explained and thoroughly twisted system

2. keep a cool tool and roll with it and advocate doing best we can for now sharing tips with clanmates and friends I fly with

3. be totally supportive and bend over and grab my ankles and take it up the tailpipe recommend it to new people

Well, I have spent no small amount of money to make this fun for myself/others and spent a good amount of time and effort to build a strong clan on it's way up so it is hard to walk away from my friends, I have tried to get my clanmates to not quit altogether and at the very least keep in touch with checkbacks, yet the ones still flying look to me for answers and I share what meager knowledge I have with them but I want to have fun and I haven't had fun with this since 2.0 has been introduced.... I also feel and have advocated not spending a dime on this game until Wargaming does something to earn it... I used to play everquest for years and that was a game that did something similar when they came out with a new format a while back and at first told players they were converting their characters to the new format and that we would love it... it ending up backfiring bad and what became Everquest 2 never got much love and wasn't much of a money-maker, the old Everquest system is still being played and though Sony sold it to someone else it is almost dead now it continued to make money... I do know this, if developers feel they are no longer interested and want to sell to one of the console makers at least explain what is going on to the users better and make the transition one that we all can take instead of trying to bludgeon us into submission... I didn't do the Beta because of the horrible beta experience I had with Warships one but I still feel WG has responsibility to do tutorials and other things to help old and new players get used to this... so far not very impressed and need to see a better showing or your coffers at Wargaming are gonna go dry and I and my clan will not lift a finger to help... HEAR THAT? No money from us until you start listening to your customers... like any other business... this isn't somebody ranting and swearing it is plain and simple economics... Watching and waiting...

Chenault

chenault_fighter #25 Posted Yesterday, 05:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 15886 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostKingwicked101, on 12 October 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

To all that are friends and enemies

I have decided not to download 2.0 right now as I am dealing with a serious health issue.

Once I have completed my Chemotherapy and have been cleared of cancer, I may return.

Until then, I wish you all well and it has been an awesome experience knowing and flying with you all over the past few years.

Take care and be safe.

Kingwicked sign out  

King good luck and prayers going out for you and yours brother...

Bubonic4U #26 Posted Today, 02:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• 24976 battles
  • [WORD] WORD

View PostKingwicked101, on 12 October 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

To all that are friends and enemies

I have decided not to download 2.0 right now as I am dealing with a serious health issue.

Once I have completed my Chemotherapy and have been cleared of cancer, I may return.

Until then, I wish you all well and it has been an awesome experience knowing and flying with you all over the past few years.

Take care and be safe.

Kingwicked sign out  

That's a damn shame... Luvz ya bro... keep in touch with me n let me know how it goes plz... bubonic4u@gmail.com

Bubonic4U #27 Posted Today, 02:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 24976 battles
  • [WORD] WORD

View Postchenault_fighter, on 18 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I read these instructions and I say to myself... hmmm what did I just read compared to the time I have spent in the new 2.0... I as Commander of a large clan have a few options

1. advocate a total mutiny and boycott of this poorly explained and thoroughly twisted system

2. keep a cool tool and roll with it and advocate doing best we can for now sharing tips with clanmates and friends I fly with

3. be totally supportive and bend over and grab my ankles and take it up the tailpipe recommend it to new people

Well, I have spent no small amount of money to make this fun for myself/others and spent a good amount of time and effort to build a strong clan on it's way up so it is hard to walk away from my friends, I have tried to get my clanmates to not quit altogether and at the very least keep in touch with checkbacks, yet the ones still flying look to me for answers and I share what meager knowledge I have with them but I want to have fun and I haven't had fun with this since 2.0 has been introduced.... I also feel and have advocated not spending a dime on this game until Wargaming does something to earn it... I used to play everquest for years and that was a game that did something similar when they came out with a new format a while back and at first told players they were converting their characters to the new format and that we would love it... it ending up backfiring bad and what became Everquest 2 never got much love and wasn't much of a money-maker, the old Everquest system is still being played and though Sony sold it to someone else it is almost dead now it continued to make money... I do know this, if developers feel they are no longer interested and want to sell to one of the console makers at least explain what is going on to the users better and make the transition one that we all can take instead of trying to bludgeon us into submission... I didn't do the Beta because of the horrible beta experience I had with Warships one but I still feel WG has responsibility to do tutorials and other things to help old and new players get used to this... so far not very impressed and need to see a better showing or your coffers at Wargaming are gonna go dry and I and my clan will not lift a finger to help... HEAR THAT? No money from us until you start listening to your customers... like any other business... this isn't somebody ranting and swearing it is plain and simple economics... Watching and waiting...

Chenault

Bubonic4U #28 Posted Today, 02:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 24976 battles
  • [WORD] WORD

View Postchenault_fighter, on 18 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Chenault

woops double post...

anyways, thank you Chenault, This may be the best thing, as a small clan commander of mostly tankers, i have read. I appreciate your statement and i would like to append [WORD] in support.

enough is enough

Wo7D R-A-W

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users