Jump to content


News - RU WoWP update 2.0 release notes

News

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 3,831
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

Here are the release notes on what is coming with the update 2.0

 

TL/DR information

Spoiler

 

RU WoWP portal source link

 

That's lots of information to go over.

 

Update: Will WG allow us to sell the bombers or are they a locked in where we can't sell them like in the CT Server testing?

 

Block Quote

 the loss of combat vehicles in combat does not matter.

 Then why do stats matter then? Is this going to be one game of bumper cars? Why track the stats at all then?

 

So no in game sight reticle mod for the sight trouble players? So feedback is not important to WG :sceptic:

 

Here's my plan WG for the future of this "conquest" mode. If I go into a flight and if I am shot down. The match is over for me. I may encounter some network disconnect problem and will have to wait three minutes for a router reboot. I'll will then log back in and get back into another plane.  Besides you know how bad the client WoWP networks can be comrade. Get your stats on that.


Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 10 October 2017 - 04:08 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

 


J311yfish #2 Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 438 battles
  • 1,155
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013
Thx.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  //  Italy    France  //  Sweden    Finland (skins)    Poland    China    Brazil    UNITED STATES   GERMANY

Map proposals:  Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 399 battles
  • 2,789
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

ok... so all these mathematical formulas will be running in a parallel tabulation... so checking this mass confusion to see if it's functioning as intended would be pretty close to impossible without seeing all the incoming data streaming in a timeline... hmmm... sure

:sceptic:

 

oh yeah... explain this "math"?

Plant (FVE-Factory?)

  • Brings 3 points of influence every 5 seconds
  • Brings 80 points of influence every 120 seconds. If the territory during the countdown, was captured by another team, the countdown begins again.

 

I get 72... but I'm notta' genius programmer...

:great:

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Bear_82 #4 Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 43 battles
  • 757
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 10 October 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

 

 

 

everything you need to know about 2.0



FlakValleyExpress #5 Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 3,831
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 October 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

ok... so all these mathematical formulas will be running in a parallel tabulation... so checking this mass confusion to see if it's functioning as intended would be pretty close to impossible without seeing all the incoming data streaming in a timeline... hmmm... sure

:sceptic:

 

oh yeah... explain this "math"?

Plant (FVE-Factory?)

  • Brings 3 points of influence every 5 seconds
  • Brings 80 points of influence every 120 seconds. If the territory during the countdown, was captured by another team, the countdown begins again.

 

I get 72... but I'm notta' genius programmer...

:great:

 

 

In Russia math is stronk. :trollface:. We have not gotten the English version of this yet. So this is not official yet for the NA Community.

 

View PostBear_82, on 10 October 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

everything you need to know about 2.0

 

My God, I missed that. They have to stop smoking those left wing Lucky Strikes over at Persha. What happen with team spirit, elan in fighting in matches. Have they surrender their soul of airmen traditions?


Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 10 October 2017 - 03:59 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

 


pyantoryng #6 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1410 battles
  • 8,030
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Seems like the Conquest manual from common test to me...plus notes for the release that nothing will be wiped and stuff be carried over, etc.

The 3pts/5sec and the many points/2min are actually separate type of plants...as far as test went.

 

The shot down marks did carry over from beta to live...

 

The Conquest mode mission set "Combat Recon" lets you earn up to 1000 gold (should be fully sharable with Tanks if it's still the same), but the mission counts what you do from one battle to another, so for example, tough luck if you get maps without command centers and the objective is to shoot down enemy bomber flights...or maps that has none of the required sector type that the mission requires you to participate in capturing.

 

Individual's ability do come to play...mostly in the last 5 minutes of match when Squall Line rolls in and the choice to go do things that your team won't do e.g. intercepting bomber flights. Soloing a base is usually suicide, but soloing a bomber flight is actually feasible at high tier where you practically can down 3 bomber in one pass with revolver cannons. With so few players in NA it means that deviating can be useful...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Pogo68 #7 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1449 battles
  • 1,347
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    11-06-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 October 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

The Conquest mode mission set "Combat Recon" lets you earn up to 1000 gold (should be fully sharable with Tanks if it's still the same), but the mission counts what you do from one battle to another, so for example, tough luck if you get maps without command centers and the objective is to shoot down enemy bomber flights...or maps that has none of the required sector type that the mission requires you to participate in capturing.

 

Individual's ability do come to play...mostly in the last 5 minutes of match when Squall Line rolls in and the choice to go do things that your team won't do e.g. intercepting bomber flights. Soloing a base is usually suicide, but soloing a bomber flight is actually feasible at high tier where you practically can down 3 bomber in one pass with revolver cannons. With so few players in NA it means that deviating can be useful...

 

Combat Recon??

Tell me more of this golden fleece..

 

Revolver cannons??


DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 399 battles
  • 2,789
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 October 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Seems like the Conquest manual from common test to me...plus notes for the release that nothing will be wiped and stuff be carried over, etc.

The 3pts/5sec and the many points/2min are actually separate type of plants...as far as test went.

 

The shot down marks did carry over from beta to live...

 

The Conquest mode mission set "Combat Recon" lets you earn up to 1000 gold (should be fully sharable with Tanks if it's still the same), but the mission counts what you do from one battle to another, so for example, tough luck if you get maps without command centers and the objective is to shoot down enemy bomber flights...or maps that has none of the required sector type that the mission requires you to participate in capturing.

 

Individual's ability do come to play...mostly in the last 5 minutes of match when Squall Line rolls in and the choice to go do things that your team won't do e.g. intercepting bomber flights. Soloing a base is usually suicide, but soloing a bomber flight is actually feasible at high tier where you practically can down 3 bomber in one pass with revolver cannons. With so few players in NA it means that deviating can be useful...

thanks for clarifying

:)


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Zapperguy #9 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 2,820
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

Been playing non-WG titles over the past couple weeks instead of WoWP in preparation for this debacle. No withdrawal symptoms.

 

I'll wish any players willing to stick around for this re-release good luck, since WG has programmed skill out of the equation.

 

If you hate the new patch, but persist in playing it anyway, you'll just be padding WG's number of "happy players" (in their minds), because any feedback that doesn't praise their changes is ignored or censored.

 

I would have been happier if they just pulled the plug, rather than watering down the game to a No Skill (©™Texthor) required, respawn-ridden, bot-fest.

 

:honoring:



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 399 battles
  • 2,789
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostZapperguy, on 10 October 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Been playing non-WG titles over the past couple weeks instead of WoWP in preparation for this debacle. No withdrawal symptoms.

 

I'll wish any players willing to stick around for this re-release good luck, since WG has programmed skill out of the equation.

 

If you hate the new patch, but persist in playing it anyway, you'll just be padding WG's number of "happy players" (in their minds), because any feedback that doesn't praise their changes is ignored or censored.

 

I would have been happier if they just pulled the plug, rather than watering down the game to a No Skill (©™Texthor) required, respawn-ridden, bot-fest.

 

:honoring:

 

I just might make a macro that will play the game 24/7 on a souped up raspberry pi... kind of like bitcoin mining for WG gold

:P


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


scipionmk #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 587
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

Was my pleasure to meet, fly and fight some of you. 

 

All the best to all.

 

I will not play this game anymore.



pyantoryng #12 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1410 battles
  • 8,030
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPogo68, on 10 October 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

 

Combat Recon??

Tell me more of this golden fleece..

 

Revolver cannons??

 

On test, there was this set of mission that give out small amount of gold that gets progressively larger as missions get tougher (or rather, more tedious) and to the total of 1000 (enough for a T4 prem on 50% off). I got pretty far but didn't finish it due to it requiring specific condition to be fulfilled in number of battles rather than fulfilling a certain condition in one or over many battles. One such mission was to shoot down some planes from bomber flights, do this in 10 battles and you get your reward...the catch is, not all maps have the base that spawn those bomber flights for you to kill. Not sure if it'll work the same way when it's released though...but it sure is tedious stuff.

 

Revolver cannons are what the high RoF cannons that various high tier planes use (in particular the ones that can go up to 1500rpm before the 1.9 weapon overhaul) like 20mm M38, MG213 (20 and 30), 30mm ADEN, or 30mm DEFA. I just like to refer to these with that technical term for some reason. The Pancake and Banshee I found to be really good at dispatching bomber flights because they are manuverable enough to stay on their tail and the 20mms enough to down a number of them in one pass.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #13 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 799 battles
  • 2,886
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

The biggest failure with these developers in persha and what always has been the case from the very beginning - they don't communicate nor listen to the 3 differing regions suggestions for wowp to be a better MMO. That's why they keep doing stupid @&! like this - releasing once again new major content that isn't remotely ready to the public.

 

What I would have done, and is becoming glaringly obvious, is planned to develop one other mode focused on generating pvp, since they are no long interested in keeping 1.x standard battles. Or better yet release what EVRYONE has been asking FOR YEARS Competitive content (clan wars, ranked battles etc) alongside 2.0 since they are so heavily brainwashed into thinking 2.0 is the key to making wowp great again (wrong). 

 

Time and time again Persha keeps showing their narrow minded stance towards MMO development. I still ask myself - how in the world did this group even make it this far?

 

If this doesn't work out, the only hope for them to survive is downgrading to mobile apps.


Edited by ArrowZ_, 10 October 2017 - 09:48 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist


GouIdy #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostArrowZ_, on 10 October 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

The biggest failure with these developers in persha and what always has been the case from the very beginning - they don't communicate nor listen to the 3 differing regions suggestions for wowp to be a better MMO. That's why they keep doing stupid @&! like this - releasing once again new major content that isn't remotely ready to the public.

 

What I would have done, and is becoming glaringly obvious, is planned to develop one other mode focused on generating pvp, since they are no long interested in keeping 1.x standard battles. Or better yet release what EVRYONE has been asking FOR YEARS Competitive content (clan wars, ranked battles etc) alongside 2.0 since they are so heavily brainwashed into thinking 2.0 is the key to making wowp great again (wrong). 

 

Time and time again Persha keeps showing their narrow minded stance towards MMO development. I still ask myself - how in the world did this group even make it this far?

 

If this doesn't work out, the only hope for them to survive is downgrading to mobile apps.

 

Don't worry Arrow all the content that would keep the pvp & competitive crowd around is coming  Soon™

Here is some of the stuff they have planned.

Spoiler

 



pyantoryng #15 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1410 battles
  • 8,030
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 10 October 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

The biggest failure with these developers in persha and what always has been the case from the very beginning - they don't communicate nor listen to the 3 differing regions suggestions for wowp to be a better MMO. That's why they keep doing stupid @&! like this - releasing once again new major content that isn't remotely ready to the public.

 

What I would have done, and is becoming glaringly obvious, is planned to develop one other mode focused on generating pvp, since they are no long interested in keeping 1.x standard battles. Or better yet release what EVRYONE has been asking FOR YEARS Competitive content (clan wars, ranked battles etc) alongside 2.0 since they are so heavily brainwashed into thinking 2.0 is the key to making wowp great again (wrong). 

 

Time and time again Persha keeps showing their narrow minded stance towards MMO development. I still ask myself - how in the world did this group even make it this far?

 

If this doesn't work out, the only hope for them to survive is downgrading to mobile apps.

 

They must be paid for by Tanks' money...so Planes can be used as guinea pig...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.





Also tagged with News

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users