Ki-94-II 246th Sentai. what-if skins

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles

Ki-94-II, 246th Sentai 3rd Chutai, Taisho airfield Osaka, Japan.

The 246th Sentai was a unit comprised of Ki-44 Hei (Tojo) interceptors flying from China, Formosa and the Philippines before relocating to Taisho airfield near Osaka Japan near the end of 1944.

Since the 246th Sentai was an interceptor unit I choose their markings for this skin as it would have been likely that the Ki-94-II would have replaced or at least reinforced the Ki-44s had the war continued and the plane entered service. I included 3 B-29 kill markings on the left side of the nose just behind the cowling.

<<<<NOTE>>>>

There are 2 variants of this skin included in this package. First is a bare metal variant that replaces the default winter skin. Second is a dark green version for replacing the summer textures. You can choose to use either one or both skins on the Ki-94.

Also included is a version designed to utilize the default Japanese markings.  As such there is a slight difference in the placement of the unit markings on the tail in order to accommodate the default tail numbers. Overall this is the only difference between the 2 versions as displayed in the game. Both version will accept all default emblems and nose art as of 10/06/2017.

You can download it at: 246th_sentai.zip  You may also need the files to remove the Japanese markings found HERE depending on which version of the skin you install.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users