From "Across the Pond"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Battleship_MaineMk1 #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 51 battles

Hey everyone! I am over from the neighboring game, World of Warships!

So, I was looking at some of the ships and aircraft that are modeled in World of Warplanes, and wanted to try to spruce them up in design using some of the color schemes of World of Warships. However, I have no clue how to extract the game files for Warplanes.

Does anyone know if there is a file extractor, or what the said procedure is for doing so?

Edit: I am talking about extracting files from the Warplanes client, not the Warships one.

Edited by Battleship_MaineMk1, 02 October 2017 - 10:09 PM.

hawkeyededic #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles

Are you looking for the models or the textures?

To extract them you will need something along the lines of Total Commander (which I personally use) to decompress the textures. If your looking for the models I have no idea, I'm only skins.

You can find the textures in the main game folder under res/packages then in the tier specific folders in either SD or HD. Only difference between the 2 is the textures resolution.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Battleship_MaineMk1 #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Airman Basic

• 51 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 02 October 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Are you looking for the models or the textures?

To extract them you will need something along the lines of Total Commander (which I personally use) to decompress the textures. If your looking for the models I have no idea, I'm only skins.

You can find the textures in the main game folder under res/packages then in the tier specific folders in either SD or HD. Only difference between the 2 is the textures resolution.

I am just in it for the textures. I assume they follow the DDS file protocol. If you could give me a bit clearer of an explanation, I would appreciate it. Tanks, Planes, and Ships all compress files differently, and it's hard to remember each one.

Edited by Battleship_MaineMk1, 02 October 2017 - 10:19 PM.

GhostPrime #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostBattleship_MaineMk1, on 02 October 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I am just in it for the textures. I assume they follow the DDS file protocol. If you could give me a bit clearer of an explanation, I would appreciate it. Tanks, Planes, and Ships all compress files differently, and it's hard to remember each one.

Pretty cool Idea! hawkeyededic is the one to talk to about creating skins for sure. His are very good! 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Bubba_Zanetti #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29252 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 October 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Pretty cool Idea!

Right?  Another cool idea would be unified economies so I could use free xp and gold amongst all three like was hinted oh so long ago.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4590 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBattleship_MaineMk1, on 02 October 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Hi there!

textures are located in several compressed files called, "vehicals.pkg". The planes in each .pkg correspond to the tier they are in. For ex: the planes in T6 are mostly in the sixth vehicles package. Copy your .pkg to the desktop or somewhere else (i put mine in a folder called, "WOWP mod") and then change the extension to .zip and extract the files (normally you shouldn't change the extension but in this case it works). In the extracted folders you can find the textures in .dds format. 

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Battleship_MaineMk1 #7 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

Airman Basic

• 51 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 03 October 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

Hi there!

textures are located in several compressed files called, "vehicals.pkg". The planes in each .pkg correspond to the tier they are in. For ex: the planes in T6 are mostly in the sixth vehicles package. Copy your .pkg to the desktop or somewhere else (i put mine in a folder called, "WOWP mod") and then change the extension to .zip and extract the files (normally you shouldn't change the extension but in this case it works). In the extracted folders you can find the textures in .dds format. 

Where are the textures located for things like the ship models ingame that you shoot at?

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4590 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
That one I don't know. I can't look right now but they should be in the folder called "packages" where the vehicles are located.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Battleship_MaineMk1 #9 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:28 AM

Airman Basic

• 51 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 03 October 2017 - 12:30 AM, said:

That one I don't know. I can't look right now but they should be in the folder called "packages" where the vehicles are located.

Those are the ones I am after.

Trust me, once I put on the Warships textures for the ships and some of the aircraft in-game, you fly-boys will really enjoy it.

hawkeyededic #10 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles
I did some digging, the only texture I have found so far is for the Fletcher, and it was in a folder for the map El Haluf, my guess would be the rest of thme are in the individual map folders as well. From what I could tell when I opened the dds file and compared them to the WoWS textures they are the same as the default WoWS texture for said ship.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Battleship_MaineMk1 #11 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 51 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 03 October 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I did some digging, the only texture I have found so far is for the Fletcher, and it was in a folder for the map El Haluf, my guess would be the rest of thme are in the individual map folders as well. From what I could tell when I opened the dds file and compared them to the WoWS textures they are the same as the default WoWS texture for said ship.

​Except ours are WAY higher quality. I will try putting them in and seeing what happens.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users