• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #21 Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostZapperguy, on 29 September 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Sorry GP, we heard all of the the last time WG prematurely released this game. They were planning on/and promised different modes of play back then too, as well as clan wars. None of that materialized.

A big deal-breaker for me is respawn. There is no incentive to stay alive if you can just crash into a better pilot and get a new plane. Look at the positive responses regarding respawn in your formatted response thread. Most of them are players with a low battle count and low win rate. Of course respawn is appealing if you don't have experience or skills. What is their impetus to improve? They're respawning 'til they can't respawn anymore and feeling like they were a major contribution to their team. To endorse that view is ludicrous, and this "new direction" that 2.0 is taking does exactly that. Participation trophies and 1up's for all. SMH.

When you're dead, you're dead.

Regarding WoWP with this patch on the horizon....

Not sure if you noticed in the CT server, but when you die, there is a 'respawn timer'... The amount of time between respawns goes up the more you die. Then, there's also the whole 'storm' thing that blocks respawns after so much game time has progressed. Respawns are not unlimited and they seem to come at a higher and higher price time-wise. I think it's a good implementation, and for all the non-elite players, a great thing. They'll have more chances to learn from their mistakes in a battle and it will keep them from feeling completely 'pub stomped'.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Zapperguy #22 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Not sure if you noticed in the CT server, but when you die, there is a 'respawn timer'... The amount of time between respawns goes up the more you die. Then, there's also the whole 'storm' thing that blocks respawns after so much game time has progressed. Respawns are not unlimited and they seem to come at a higher and higher price time-wise. I think it's a good implementation, and for all the non-elite players, a great thing. They'll have more chances to learn from their mistakes in a battle and it will keep them from feeling completely 'pub stomped'.

Cheers!
Glenn

I disagree. It encourages players to take risks they wouldn't otherwise take, if they knew death was permanent. I started my online gaming career with Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (GOTY in 2001). We played MP co-op. Missions took 45min to 1hr+ each, and if you died 2 minutes into it, then you waited until the mission was over to play again. Just like actual war, death was a consequence, and one that made you value life. This patch with respawn is just a sad lil pat on the head for all the rushers and bad decision makers, telling them it's okay, just keep doing the same thing again and again 'til the "squall" comes. Whatever you do, don't acquire skills, patience, or learn anything.

:facepalm:

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostZapperguy, on 01 October 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

I disagree. It encourages players to take risks they wouldn't otherwise take, if they knew death was permanent. I started my online gaming career with Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (GOTY in 2001). We played MP co-op. Missions took 45min to 1hr+ each, and if you died 2 minutes into it, then you waited until the mission was over to play again. Just like actual war, death was a consequence, and one that made you value life. This patch with respawn is just a sad lil pat on the head for all the rushers and bad decision makers, telling them it's okay, just keep doing the same thing again and again 'til the "squall" comes. Whatever you do, don't acquire skills, patience, or learn anything.

:facepalm:

If it was just like real war, you would have to throw the game away and never play again.  You get to start a new game, you get to respawn... its all the same.

Having it your way leaves us with 400 people on at prime time.  Either the game dies at 1.x, or it dies with 2.0.  We already know where 1.x is going, there is a chance that 2.0 might work.  They are willing to drop the 400 people for the thousands of new players if it actually works.

Getting on a soap box won't change anything, you need to look at the big picture.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 02 October 2017 - 02:33 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

GouIdy #24 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 October 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

If it was just like real war, you would have to throw the game away and never play again.  You get to start a new game, you get to respawn... its all the same.

Having it your way leaves us with 400 people on at prime time.  Either the game dies at 1.x, or it dies with 2.0.  We already know where 1.x is going, there is a chance that 2.0 might work.  They are willing to drop the 400 people for the thousands of new players if it actually works.

Getting on a soap box won't change anything, you need to look at the big picture.

Ok just stop already, you've played 2.0 enough to know that if there are not drastic improvements made in a timely manner there will be less than 400 people playing it nightly once the air freshener runs out.

Thousands of new players lol.

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:25 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGouIdy, on 01 October 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

Ok just stop already, you've played 2.0 enough to know that if there are not drastic improvements made in a timely manner there will be less than 400 people playing it nightly once the air freshener runs out.

Thousands of new players lol.

I never said 2.0 didn't need to improve.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Zapperguy #26 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 October 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

I was going to donate my "soap box" to you, but I reconsidered. A "tool" box would be much more appropriate.

Have a nice day!

:honoring:

MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostZapperguy, on 02 October 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

I was going to donate my "soap box" to you, but I reconsidered. A "tool" box would be much more appropriate.

Have a nice day!

Sorry for triggering you. I think you need all the boxes you can get.

dityboycom #28 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

There will never be thousands of players. Even if they just stole WT's simulation mode, and merged with consoles. WG's reputation is so blown at this point, no one would touch this game with a 6 foot pole.

What this mode will do is a have a burst of population like all patches, and then they will fall to again record setting lows. I can definitely see the amount of 8 - 16 year old kids playing this game sky rocketing with this mode; but, that's not necessarily where the money is.

If they wanted to maximize their profits and visibility, they would have held 2.0 until it was actually completed. I.E. have everything they promise to give us "Soon." Then just released it as a new game, leaving this game to the old seniors who have loyally paid their pay checks for 4 years too long here. Then they could have accomplished two things

1. New advertising, new product, new population

2. Separating the economies, encouraging more people to spend money on their product, instead of using left over Tanks free xp to try it out, find out it sucks and hten never coming back.

Unfortunately, for a company to understand marketing, they would have to

A. Not be Wargaming, because they're the worst at nearly everything

B. Be competent.

MARS_REVENANT #29 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postdityboycom, on 02 October 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

There will never be thousands of players. Even if they just stole WT's simulation mode, and merged with consoles. WG's reputation is so blown at this point, no one would touch this game with a 6 foot pole.

What this mode will do is a have a burst of population like all patches, and then they will fall to again record setting lows. I can definitely see the amount of 8 - 16 year old kids playing this game sky rocketing with this mode; but, that's not necessarily where the money is.

If they wanted to maximize their profits and visibility, they would have held 2.0 until it was actually completed. I.E. have everything they promise to give us "Soon." Then just released it as a new game, leaving this game to the old seniors who have loyally paid their pay checks for 4 years too long here. Then they could have accomplished two things

1. New advertising, new product, new population

2. Separating the economies, encouraging more people to spend money on their product, instead of using left over Tanks free xp to try it out, find out it sucks and hten never coming back.

Unfortunately, for a company to understand marketing, they would have to

A. Not be Wargaming, because they're the worst at nearly everything

B. Be competent.

Since 2.0 hasn't been released yet, the possibility exists that they could actually get it right.  They wont release the end game soon, only when the population can support it.  They need a boost and they need to maintain it.

Personally I don't go by a companies reputation, I like to try things myself, but maybe in the gaming world it is all about reputation... I don't know, seems lame.

dityboycom #30 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 October 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Since 2.0 hasn't been released yet, the possibility exists that they could actually get it right.  They wont release the end game soon, only when the population can support it.  They need a boost and they need to maintain it.

Personally I don't go by a companies reputation, I like to try things myself, but maybe in the gaming world it is all about reputation... I don't know, seems lame.

Wargaming has had countless opportunities to right the ship since 1.5. They have blatantly and regularly disrespected their player base, with erroneous changes and continued down their path of self destruction. If you go back to beta videos of the developers and staff talking about all the things their bright starry eyed selves could imagine for this game, everyone was excited and on board. As WG came to terms with selecting an out of date game engine, with not enough flexibility to get these things done, each one of those dreams fell by the wayside, only to be swept away completely by a shift in mission to what the current game has became.

They saw a major population drop off when they shifted from 1.4 to 1.5, and instead of doing what any sane company would do and take the few positive changes they have received feed back on, and merging those into the previous model of 1.4 for a slight overhaul, and correcting the economy. They chose to inform the playerbase, "Tough cookies, we already Shift + Delete 1.4" Since then, instead of moving in a productive manner, they continuously make more drastic changes in the opposite direction. As they continue to move more and more towards arcade, with reuseable consumables, simplified pilot skills and tech trees that didn't work in a progressive manner, and now to what we see in 2.0 which is a cartoon remodel of every arcade shooter you have ever played growing up, while removing the basic identity of the game itself only to promise to "return" select items of that identity "soon." What is there left to be optimistic about?

This is just another blatant step of incompetence, general disparage for their own playerbase, and another strike to their already tarnished reputation when it comes to their product. We have all listened to their CEO and pricia talk about what they think is wrong with their products with our jaws dropped in amazement of how off base a company could be, when they have forums full of feed back to derive obvious conclusions from; but, instead continued to look at their numbers for what their target goals were.

MARS_REVENANT #31 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postdityboycom, on 02 October 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Wargaming has had countless opportunities to right the ship since 1.5. They have blatantly and regularly disrespected their player base, with erroneous changes and continued down their path of self destruction. If you go back to beta videos of the developers and staff talking about all the things their bright starry eyed selves could imagine for this game, everyone was excited and on board. As WG came to terms with selecting an out of date game engine, with not enough flexibility to get these things done, each one of those dreams fell by the wayside, only to be swept away completely by a shift in mission to what the current game has became.

They saw a major population drop off when they shifted from 1.4 to 1.5, and instead of doing what any sane company would do and take the few positive changes they have received feed back on, and merging those into the previous model of 1.4 for a slight overhaul, and correcting the economy. They chose to inform the playerbase, "Tough cookies, we already Shift + Delete 1.4" Since then, instead of moving in a productive manner, they continuously make more drastic changes in the opposite direction. As they continue to move more and more towards arcade, with reuseable consumables, simplified pilot skills and tech trees that didn't work in a progressive manner, and now to what we see in 2.0 which is a cartoon remodel of every arcade shooter you have ever played growing up, while removing the basic identity of the game itself only to promise to "return" select items of that identity "soon." What is there left to be optimistic about?

This is just another blatant step of incompetence, general disparage for their own playerbase, and another strike to their already tarnished reputation when it comes to their product. We have all listened to their CEO and pricia talk about what they think is wrong with their products with our jaws dropped in amazement of how off base a company could be, when they have forums full of feed back to derive obvious conclusions from; but, instead continued to look at their numbers for what their target goals were.

You have your history right.  And 2.0 will be another attempt to right the ship.  I have 1 question for you based on all your statements... why are you still here/playing?  Are you just trying to convince others to stop?  Based on everything you are saying, you should have washed your hands of the game and everything to do with it a long time ago as it is just a waste of energy.

I wont know if 2.0 is a flop until it is actually released, regardless of history and reputation.  Current game has been dying, and considered dead with only 400 people online at peak hours.  Continuing to harp on what should have been done is meaningless.  We are here now, and this is what we have to deal with.  The only decision is either to play or don't play, no use going on and on about history, as you said, they dont listen.

dityboycom #32 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

You have your history right.  And 2.0 will be another attempt to right the ship.  I have 1 question for you based on all your statements... why are you still here/playing?  Are you just trying to convince others to stop?  Based on everything you are saying, you should have washed your hands of the game and everything to do with it a long time ago as it is just a waste of energy.

I wont know if 2.0 is a flop until it is actually released, regardless of history and reputation.  Current game has been dying, and considered dead with only 400 people online at peak hours.  Continuing to harp on what should have been done is meaningless.  We are here now, and this is what we have to deal with.  The only decision is either to play or don't play, no use going on and on about history, as you said, they dont listen.

I'm here in one of those desperate pleas type thing. I'm like that psycho ex who you still see on the odd late night when you're lonely, and I constantly remind you what you did wrong in our relationship, quickly reminding you why we're not together.

I currently play anniversaries, or if I'm tired of grinding a tank and need free XP as planes provides 5 - 15k XP per game these days with the bots.

I know 2.0 is a flop because in the 5 minutes I played it, I knew immediately it was not something I would ever be interested in playing. I'm not sure it has to  be released to come to a conclusion. The only thing the game has going for it, is historically games I enjoy a lot, the majority don't, games I don't enjoy, majority do.

Psicko23 #33 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 02 October 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

Have a nice day!

tool boxes are useful. 

pyantoryng #34 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2230 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 03 October 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

tool boxes are useful. 

Those cost half-million a pop...:hiding:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Snapper_Pi #35 Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 306 battles

I can only say I am sickened. I'm outta here! Nice knowing ya WG.

Stomach in knots after this. Wasted so much money.

Marraskuu #36 Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12166 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostSnapper_Pi, on 11 October 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

I can only say I am sickened. I'm outta here! Nice knowing ya WG.

Stomach in knots after this. Wasted so much money.

I agree with the sentiment, but not the wasted money part. I have over 20,500 battles. Figure an average of 5 minutes per that means I have had over 71 days of gamimg fun. And it has been fun. Worth it to me.

Live long and prosper.

Han shot first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users