News - RU WoWP Developers Q&A 20170930 - Update 2.0 release date clue and RU player feedback

news Q&A

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

I found these today on the RU WoWP forums

Block Quote

Galm # 91      Sent 27 Sep 2017 - 11:27

Keep Galm and Carry On
Developer
Lead Community Manager
2,619 fights 
6 313 
[WG-W] WG-W
Check in: 
08/09/2011

Block Quote

007Vergil (Sep 27, 2017 - 11:20) wrote:
Q. See WG fest in December, "triumphant return" (actually drowning) will likely until the end of the year. It's a question of returning (in fact, a complete loss) of trust

A. The release of the update is not tied to WG Fest in any way, as it will come out much earlier.

Block Quote

ravencoff (27 Sep 2017 - 11:16) wrote:
Q. and when, sorry, is it planned to get out on the basis? in order to have time to spend the tokens on the Premium

A. In the near future, with an exact date, there is still no 100% certainty.

RU WoWP forum source link

WG fest is December 23, 2017. So update 2.0 will be done within the next 3 months.

Block Quote

Lesley_Knife # 147     Sent 27 Sep 2017 - 16:54
Foreman
Developer
Community Manager
7806 fights 
7 340 
[WG-W] WG-W
Check in: 
Gentlemen, the pilots, let's not waste your time on the flood. I see too many messages, which can be seen as a violation of forum rules. 
Don't do that.

There is a reason for this to be posted

Block Quote

Lesley_Knife # 138     Posted Today, 29 Sep 2017 - 14:11

Foreman
Developer
Community Manager

Block Quote

MecTb_OduHa (29 Sep 2017 - 10:39) wrote:
Q. I watched the reviews, I realized that after the closed test stages, in order to present the public to the new version of the game 2.0, practically nothing was fixed, but an open test, showed bugs and many unsolved technical issues.
1. Hence the logical question, why introduce a replacement, if so many dissatisfied? Almost the majority who have played the game for many years have to say goodbye.
2. Will you ignore the majority opinion?
3. Are you a rock musician, a fighter with bureaucracy and philistine thinking?
4. Why can not you introduce this version as a new game, it's all would suit.
5. What for so to arrive with players spent time, means and laid out much efforts in the current project?
6. You can not take away from the person the right to choose, the more the aircraft players are a special people, for whom will HP, if you lose the players, and as a consequence, and reputation, just close the project WoWp?

A. 
1. First, the New Regime is beautiful. And now seriously.
2. We introduce for many reasons, of which the most important is that in the new regime, the game has many more variants of development. In the old - the ways of development are actually exhausted.
3. Strongly disagrees with the fact that the opponents of change are "practically the majority". An active minority - so it will be more correct. You can verify this yourself, if you analyze the correlation of positive and negative feedback at the forum, in particular in the topic of formalized feedback. And among the positively appreciative majority - aircraft, or players who participated in the project early on.
4. Nobody is going to ignore the opinion of the members of the forum. We return flaps, and many other popular items, if we did not listen to vox populi - judge for yourself, would the developers have something to rework? Obviously not. Proceeding from this, be sure that the constructive proposals for the New regime are categorized and given for consideration. And they will not be lost anywhere.
5. No one has been planning to make a new game, obviously, it happened within the framework of evolution. Nobody canceled it. It's just a big jump, but what's wrong with moving forward?
6. Yes, I am a rock musician, a fighter with bureaucracy and philistine thinking.:) Thank you for not forgetting.

If Update 2.0 is so popular in positive responses by the RU WoWP player population, then why are we seeing these critical threads popping up and having to be answered by the developers? This remind me of an old joke defining an optimist and a pessimist with a pony and a manure pile. I thought I would let you guys know of the feedback.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Dave12w #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 36 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Persha spent a year "improving" the game, they would

rather release whatever they came up with despite the

consequences, than admit they failed in 2.0, in which 

case they would likely be taken off the wowp project anyway.

Its a shame for the game I love so much, I hope I can 

recognise it, and get some enjoyment out of it as I do now,

sometime in the future if and when 2.0 is forced upon us.

Bubba_Zanetti #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 29 September 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

I found these today on the RU WoWP forums

WG fest is December 23, 2017. So update 2.0 will be done within the next 3 months.

There is a reason for this to be posted

If Update 2.0 is so popular in positive responses by the RU WoWP player population, then why are we seeing these critical threads popping up and having to be answered by the developers? This remind me of an old joke defining an optimist and a pessimist with a pony and a manure pile. I thought I would let you guys know of the feedback.

Active minority we are!  Sounds like flap keys will return...yippee!  Ah well...sounds good from how they’re presenting it...I can’t wait for all the “majority positives” to start playing when 2.0 hits..that should push our online numbers to 1500-2000 day 1?  Day 2?  Day 30? Day 675? ...

pyantoryng #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 29 September 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Active minority we are!  Sounds like flap keys will return...yippee!  Ah well...sounds good from how they’re presenting it...I can’t wait for all the “majority positives” to start playing when 2.0 hits..that should push our online numbers to 1500-2000 day 1?  Day 2?  Day 30? Day 675? ...

Day 10x2^675?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

So, They are shutting the shutter of Customer-service area for Make 2.0 alive. 

and release it. no matter the cost.

right?

Well...  in fact, as you guys know. We, players of warplanes are small. smaller than those players on tanks of ships.
As joke.  IF ALL OF PLAYERS ON WOT,WOWS loves the change of WOWP 2.0...  (because hmm..  maybe.. If Warplanes got shut down, Wargaming can use it's human resourse and server, moneys to some new projects or WOT/WOWS.)
then we really can become 'Minority'

Hmm... really, I think that all they want to say is

Block Quote

We believe silent majorities whom silenced bout 2.0

but Silent majority... 

I think it is [Censored] idea  for those guys who want to do the Mental Gymnastics/Spiritual Victory.

So,  they can't accept failure of 2.0 and trying to mental gymnastic for their health of mind.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

BrushWolf #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
They need to do a hell of a lot of polishing on that turd in the next three months then. If I wanted to play WT I would be playing WT.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Flight_Officer #7 Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Quote by FakValleyExpress:

"If Update 2.0 is so popular in positive responses by the RU WoWP player population, then why are we seeing these critical threads popping up and having to be answered by the developers?"

Flak,

They clearly have been caught off guard and did not anticipate the amount of criticism that has been unleashed upon 2.0 in the forums. They apparently believed they developed something that would be well received but the exact opposite has occurred.

The developers are stepping in to quell a rebellion as 2.0 has been largely eviscerated and rejected by the player base.

Think about 2.0 in the context of the story "The Emperor's New Clothes".

We see just how bad it is but they don't.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostFlight_Officer, on 30 September 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

Quote by FakValleyExpress:

"If Update 2.0 is so popular in positive responses by the RU WoWP player population, then why are we seeing these critical threads popping up and having to be answered by the developers?"

Flak,

They clearly have been caught off guard and did not anticipate the amount of criticism that has been unleashed upon 2.0 in the forums. They apparently believed they developed something that would be well received but the exact opposite has occurred.

The developers are stepping in to quell a rebellion as 2.0 has been largely eviscerated and rejected by the player base.

Think about 2.0 in the context of the story "The Emperor's New Clothes".

We see just how bad it is but they don't.

Is that not what most everyone who makes something think when they work in hope to distribute their product to other people, be it food, book, buildings...?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Swearengen5 #9 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

With just updates, WG has fallen on its face much more often than it has met expectations (Tanks, Warships, and Warplanes)....and 2.0 is a major overhaul.    

I anticipate numerous updates and rewrites following 2.0's release. 

Until they actually DELIVER a Warplanes game that's markedly better than the existing WoWP product, my money and attention will be elsewhere.

fogny #10 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
I would suggest not to feed them with any money until they recognize and fix the real problem. We are good at current version, just may need total ( all WG products) suspension of a $$$ support for a while. Money talks. Why to pay when you are unhappy or, it simply doesn't work the expected way?

Also tagged with news, Q&A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users