Rumor - Why Update 2.0 is the way it is

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

Captain

• 55 battles
I am seeing in the Update 2.0 Developers Q&A thread here on why Update 2.0 is in the state it is in as a low scale arcade mode. I am seeing many RU WoWP players posting in the thread about how the developers are lowering the standards of game play because it is too hard on players from the Central Asia part of Russia. Whither this is true or not I can't tell without evidence, however this speculation goes back to my previous threads on players in RU not having up to date computers and OS software in trying to play WoWP. Perhaps the networking is also a challenge too for the region? However, I want to make it clear that not one race or region is at fault. This is a question of equality of standards and requirements. Perhaps WoWP would be better as a console game since all consoles are to be the same?

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

pyantoryng #2 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1729 battles
WoWP is so much a failure it cannot afford a separate console brand ala Blitz...

Edited by pyantoryng, 28 September 2017 - 01:13 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Captain

• 55 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 28 September 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

WoWP is so much a failure it cannot afford a separate console brand ala Blitz...

My point is that since consoles are the same, the standard's requirements would be less for equipment challenged players. I am just thinking of a solution to help.

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Mackunaima #4 Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

So, they does not have a good PC nor good internet, but they will afford premium planes and gold to make WG rich?

Such a blind way to manage and solve things there.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

clodhoppr #5 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 28 September 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

My point is that since consoles are the same, the standard's requirements would be less for equipment challenged players. I am just thinking of a solution to help.

Maybe WG could just send them new computers..?

GouIdy #6 Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

It has nothing to do with players hardware, the fact is if you make a decent game the players will come.

Look at WOT as an example, same game engine with much better performance than WOWP.

Still able to run on the same systems for the last 5-6 years catering to the same demographic & still with a healthy player base.

Edited by GouIdy, 28 September 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Bobby_Tables #7 Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5189 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
From what I saw on the beta test, I don't think the player's hardware is part of their reason for 2.0.  With the cartoon buildings, mega-exploding flak, and many more planes, my FPS took a real big hit when compared to 1.9.  I know it was only a test server, but from what I saw 2.0 will have greater system requirements to meet the same level of FPS you can get in 1.9.  That's just my experience in the beta, but I don't expect much in the way of optimization prior to release based on past history.  

DarkDaVinci #8 Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View PostMackunaima, on 28 September 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

So, they does not have a good PC nor good internet, but they will afford premium planes and gold to make WG rich?

Such a blind way to manage and solve things there.

No the internet is good.And they have good PC.

Psicko23 #9 Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 16 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I think they are trying to get rid of all the players that have been here since pre 1.5. That's why 2.0 is the way it is. 

Noreaga #10 Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

im with gouldy on the hardware idea. its interesting and could explain some of the constant graphic and sound redos, except for the pretty air that was really needed.

reason i think this way:

1. most changes to gameplay have taken a downward trend in complexity that would not affect hardware performance. Only egos are affected by that.

2. they created an HD client, if the majority of your client base had toasters there would have been no need to spend money on programmer time that should not bring in more revenue.

3.optimization never panned out properly if toasters represent the majority of paying customer (that can afford premium ammo ?!?!? so right mack) barring complete incompetence (possible) we would have heard more about it in RU QA. edit: we did hear about a lot, but not as much as thing like"why you fix what not broke and now it broke" 

4. the massive amount of stuff happening on map in conquest.

i do not know why they did what they did, its actually frustrating. Some of us have known what was coming, seen it happen, and still look back and go "saying i told you so sucks".  

Edited by Noreaga, 29 September 2017 - 02:58 AM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Bobby_Tables #11 Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5189 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostPsicko23, on 28 September 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

I think they are trying to get rid of all the players that have been here since pre 1.5. That's why 2.0 is the way it is. 

Yes, I agree.  The current players who like or tolerate the new mode will stay, the rest will leave.

The gamble for WG is that they will attract a new crowd of players and while the current player base will decline, they are betting the overall population will greatly increase.  In terms of business decisions, it's not a huge gamble.  With the pathetic population that exists today, this new mode is like throwing a spitball against the wall and seeing if it will stick.  If it does not, well, so be it.  I doubt they really invested a whole lot into the 2.0 mode. 

If it does stick, they can pat themselves on the back and add more cartoons to the game mode.  

Taking all of my emotion out of it, it's not a hard decision to make.  The current game has very few players.  The new game could either increase players or trash WOWP entirely.  Either way, they at least accomplish something even if that accomplishment is to entirely kill this particular part of the WG trilogy.  

I have no clue as to how it will go.  It will be interesting to see if they promote 2.0 or just quietly release it.  If quiet, then that tells us something about their confidence in the new mode.  

FlakValleyExpress #12 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• 55 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 28 September 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

It has nothing to do with players hardware, the fact is if you make a decent game the players will come.

Look at WOT as an example, same game engine with much better performance than WOWP.

Still able to run on the same systems for the last 5-6 years catering to the same demographic & still with a healthy player base.

Have you seen the WGRU tech support threads and posts? I am amazed that they are published at all. I would be so embarrass in posting those tech support questions. And WoT has not been struggling with flaws either. The problem IMO is both games are based on bugworld's game engine. An old programmers law comes to my mind, "garbage in, garbage out". A good game will get you by the flaws, but it will not save a defective product always.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 29 September 2017 - 12:16 PM.

Vae victis

GouIdy #13 Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 29 September 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Have you seen the WGRU tech support threads and posts? I am amazed that they are published at all. I would be so embarrass in posting those tech support questions. And WoT has not been struggling with flaws either. The problem IMO is both games are based on bugworld's game engine. An old programmers law comes to my mind, "garbage in, garbage out". A good game will get you by the flaws, but it will not save a defective product always.

Ya not disputing that the game engine sucks just that the reason for the drastic change to WOWP has anything to do with player hardware. Obviously the coders that are currently working on WOWP reached the peak of their capabilities long ago & was just comparing it with WOT that seems to do much more & keep the same people playing on the same hardware longer using the same game engine. We can only speculate the real reasons behind the drastic changes as it's just not in Persha's nature to be forthcoming with such information.

SkywhaleExpress #14 Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 28 September 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Yes, I agree.  The current players who like or tolerate the new mode will stay, the rest will leave.

The gamble for WG is that they will attract a new crowd of players and while the current player base will decline, they are betting the overall population will greatly increase.  In terms of business decisions, it's not a huge gamble.  With the pathetic population that exists today, this new mode is like throwing a spitball against the wall and seeing if it will stick.  If it does not, well, so be it.  I doubt they really invested a whole lot into the 2.0 mode. 

If it does stick, they can pat themselves on the back and add more cartoons to the game mode.  

Taking all of my emotion out of it, it's not a hard decision to make.  The current game has very few players.  The new game could either increase players or trash WOWP entirely.  Either way, they at least accomplish something even if that accomplishment is to entirely kill this particular part of the WG trilogy.  

I have no clue as to how it will go.  It will be interesting to see if they promote 2.0 or just quietly release it.  If quiet, then that tells us something about their confidence in the new mode.  

I dunno about you, but I'll bet my entire 401k on WG failing to have this happen. They have burned far too many bridges, to ever EVER get a grand surge of Fn00bs.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users