Jump to content


Thank you, Mr. Gouldy - My Response to your Comment -


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

The_River_StyX_ #1 Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostGouIdy, on 26 September 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Wargaming can you please transfer my WOWP credits to WOT as they are no longer any use to me for this game. I acknowledge that the economies in the two games are different so I am willing to accept a penalty of 50% which I think is more than fair. As a bonus to the WOWP's staff I would be willing to completely remove myself from this forum. Thank-you for your consideration.

 

Agreed Mr. Gouldy,

 

 

I started playing WOWP just recently, but what's the use to play now - at least until 2.0 arrives, anytime before then, is just a waste of time. Nothing to gain until then; even then, you'll have to re motivate yourself to basically start over. The only thing Wargaming accomplished was losing the trust of their customers - Why start a game with Wargaming when they don't listen to their customers, why invest years on your account, that has become your own, from your own long hours of hard work, time and money for most, to have it ripped from beneath you.

 

 

I saw someone had mentioned this - But Sony ripped the guts from the PC version of Star wars Galaxies - and cursed it to console where it died. Pleas from their faithful customers not to make it into a console game. But the prospect of more greedy pursuits over came and nullified compassion and reason to their loyal customers.

 

 

Wargaming is an untrustworthy company (Proven – time and time again) - I have a World of Tanks account, but, that can be destroyed on a whim at any time, suddenly, unexpectedly, ruthlessly - just like WOWP, and proof beyond a reasonable doubt!

 

P.S. you too WOWS players - the hatchet can fall when you least expect it; watch how you use your time and money with this company!

 

 

Wow, this is a real shame!


Edited by The_River_StyX_, 26 September 2017 - 09:43 PM.

 


OtterWolf #2 Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1316 battles
  • 19
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015

The real shame is players like yourself, who start off excited by this game, but then just by reading all of the salty comments and hate for Wargaming games, jump on the bandwagon of NO, NO, NO, without really experiencing what this game is about, and what it can be.

 

Unless, you are just a re-roll account of a WG hater..



The_River_StyX_ #3 Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostOtterWolf, on 26 September 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

The real shame is players like yourself, who start off excited by this game, but then just by reading all of the salty comments and hate for Wargaming games, jump on the bandwagon of NO, NO, NO, without really experiencing what this game is about, and what it can be.

 

Unless, you are just a re-roll account of a WG hater..

 

What it can be was Clan Wars  3 years ago - plus! and then some lol

Edited by The_River_StyX_, 26 September 2017 - 11:16 PM.

 


Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:38 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24422 battles
  • 662
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 26 September 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

 

 why invest years on your account, that has become your own, from your own long hours of hard work, time and money for most, to have it ripped from beneath you.

 

P.S. you too WOWS players - the hatchet can fall when you least expect it; watch how you use your time and money with this company!

 

 

Reading this I did not know whether to laugh or cry.  It's a gosh darn game.  You spend your idle time here and yes, you might put in time, but it's entertainment.  

 

Games are transient, they come and go.  Same with TV shows, restaurants, shops, etc. etc. etc.  I frequented a restaurant for many years and then all of the sudden they changed their cuisine to some "fusion" asian/cajun crapfest and I stopped going.  I had "invested" a lot in meals there, but I did not feel that since I ate there a lot, I "owned" the place.  

 

Games come, games go, same with all businesses.  If you chose to invest real $$ into the game, it was for your entertainment and WG's profit.  Nothing wrong with that.  



The_River_StyX_ #5 Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:00 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 September 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

 

Reading this I did not know whether to laugh or cry.  It's a gosh darn game.  You spend your idle time here and yes, you might put in time, but it's entertainment.  

 

Games are transient, they come and go.  Same with TV shows, restaurants, shops, etc. etc. etc.  I frequented a restaurant for many years and then all of the sudden they changed their cuisine to some "fusion" asian/cajun crapfest and I stopped going.  I had "invested" a lot in meals there, but I did not feel that since I ate there a lot, I "owned" the place.  

 

Games come, games go, same with all businesses.  If you chose to invest real $$ into the game, it was for your entertainment and WG's profit.  Nothing wrong with that.  

 

Kind of like a guy married to a women for 5 years -  you have a few kids with her, she divorces you, you pay here alimony that she’s spends on her new boyfriend, living in a home you paid for -  and your child support, some goes to your kids, some to the boyfriend etc.. Kind of like that - got it.

 

 

 

 


Edited by The_River_StyX_, 27 September 2017 - 01:02 AM.

 


Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24422 battles
  • 662
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 26 September 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

 

Kind of like a guy married to a women for 5 years -  you have a few kids with her, she divorces you, you pay here alimony that she’s spends on her new boyfriend, living in a home you paid for -  and your child support, some goes to your kids, some to the boyfriend etc.. Kind of like that - got it.

 

Well, I guess if you want to equate an online game of pixilated planes to marriage and kids.  For me, the two don't even come close*.

 

* With apologies to my family, but hey, you know where you stand by now.  



The_River_StyX_ #7 Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 September 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

Well, I guess if you want to equate an online game of pixilated planes to marriage and kids.  For me, the two don't even come close*.

 

* With apologies to my family, but hey, you know where you stand by now.  

 

People spend money on lots of things, boats, cars, whatever -  the price of someone's time or possessions has different meanings to all of us, we cherish something -  it’s the passions of the beholder, i.e. If you love your 1967 Chevelle as an example, and someone keyed it, flattened all the tires, and took a big greasy poop on your front seat - no reason to get mad, cars come and go, your car is no comparison to your wife and kids, that ho hum car doesn’t even come close.

 

 

Now my life doesn’t revolve around this game - but I do believe a company should have a degree of professional ethics when dealing with a loyal customer base. I believe in this instance, the upcoming 2.0 has shown a high degree of disrespect to the tenured few that have dedicated years to this game as you call it, when you spend money on something I believe that equates to a hobby per definition, i.e. cars, boats, etc.

 

 

 

One may make light of one thing, another person may think and feel otherwise.


Edited by The_River_StyX_, 27 September 2017 - 02:42 AM.

 


Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24422 battles
  • 662
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 26 September 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'll reply just once then done, not trying to disrespect you.

People spend money on lots of things, boats, cars, whatever -  the price of someone's time or possessions has different meanings to all of us, we cherish something -  it’s the passions of the beholder, i.e. If you love your 1967 Chevelle as an example, and someone keyed it, flattened all the tires, and took a big greasy poop on your front seat - no reason to get mad, cars come and go, your car is no comparison to your wife and kids, that ho hum car doesn’t even come close.  Oh, I would be super-p'd off, but you are 100% correct on the second point, that ho hum car doesn't even come close to my family.  It's an inanimate object.  

 

 

Now my life doesn’t revolve around this game - but I do believe a company should have a degree of professional ethics when dealing with a loyal customer base. I believe in this instance, the upcoming 2.0 has shown a high degree of disrespect to the tenured few that have dedicated years to this game as you call it, when you spend money on something I believe that equates to a hobby per definition, i.e. cars, boats, etc.  I know I have maybe come out as a fanboi of 2.0 but I am not.  I do think that companies have to change with the times and do so in their own economic interests.  In software, major releases will often leave the current user base feeling left behind and frustrated, especially in this case where it's basically a forced upgrade.  You either have to move on to 2.0 or leave.  I've been in the software business for a long time and this happens with business software, office productivity systems, backoffice applications, etc.  Major upgrades are a great source of leads for competitors because some clients are just not going to be happy with the change.  Now, those existing customers paid license fees, maintenance and nowadays are probably paying a monthly subscription with a large sunk cost in implementation fees.  The company has to make a decision, keep the legacy app, or force the change and project that the new customer base will offset any losses from the existing customer base.  In most cases, the cost of maintaining the legacy app is too high.  Now, if there were 10,000 or 20,000 players on per night with the legacy app (1.9), the cost of maintaining 1.9 as a "maintenance release" would probably be within reason.  When you don't have those numbers across all of NA, EU and RU, then the decision is pretty clear.  

 

One may make light of one thing, another person may think and feel otherwise.  Sorry if WG's decision impacts you personally.  For me, it's more of a let's see how this turns out and go from there.  The fact that they appear (for now) to allow you to retain your investment in tokens, gold, etc. (we will see how that shakes out, you betcha) says that they care somewhat.  In major releases, you are almost certain to alienate part of your base and you darn well better be ready to pick up new customers or get existing customers to buy in in a big way.  For WG, with the low WOWP population, it's not a difficult decision from a business standpoint.  

 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20848 battles
  • 1,924
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted Today, 10:04 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24153 battles
  • 621 message_img.png
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 26 September 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'll reply just once then done, not trying to disrespect you.

People spend money on lots of things, boats, cars, whatever -  the price of someone's time or possessions has different meanings to all of us, we cherish something -  it’s the passions of the beholder, i.e. If you love your 1967 Chevelle as an example, and someone keyed it, flattened all the tires, and took a big greasy poop on your front seat - no reason to get mad, cars come and go, your car is no comparison to your wife and kids, that ho hum car doesn’t even come close.  Oh, I would be super-p'd off, but you are 100% correct on the second point, that ho hum car doesn't even come close to my family.  It's an inanimate object.  

 

 

Now my life doesn’t revolve around this game - but I do believe a company should have a degree of professional ethics when dealing with a loyal customer base. I believe in this instance, the upcoming 2.0 has shown a high degree of disrespect to the tenured few that have dedicated years to this game as you call it, when you spend money on something I believe that equates to a hobby per definition, i.e. cars, boats, etc.  I know I have maybe come out as a fanboi of 2.0 but I am not... bla bla bla....

hehe, ya... if ya say so...

One may make light of one thing, another person may think and feel otherwise.  Sorry if WG's decision impacts you personally. (not trying to disrespect you)  hehe, ya... if ya say so... "  bla bla bla...


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Bobby_Tables #10 Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24422 battles
  • 662
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

Ace, I struggled with the wording quite a lot.  It was the only thing I could come up with that to me seemed neutral in a Bill Clintonesque type way.  This person feels that they have been let down by WG'ing.  I was trying to explain that this stuff happens all the time.  

 

Try this one:  "Sorry if it triggered you".  Or maybe, "Sorry you are butthurt".  No, I did not go that way.  If you can suggest a yet more inoffensive sentence, please do.



OtterWolf #11 Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:37 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1316 battles
  • 19
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 26 September 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

What it can be was Clan Wars  3 years ago - plus! and then some lol

 

Reroll account confirmed.

 

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 September 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Sorry if WG's decision impacts you personally.  For me, it's more of a let's see how this turns out and go from there.  The fact that they appear (for now) to allow you to retain your investment in tokens, gold, etc. (we will see how that shakes out, you betcha) says that they care somewhat.  In major releases, you are almost certain to alienate part of your base and you darn well better be ready to pick up new customers or get existing customers to buy in in a big way.  For WG, with the low WOWP population, it's not a difficult decision from a business standpoint.  

 

Well said, Bobby.  My attitude all along, was "Let's just wait and see how this thing turns out"...  Instead people have to be all butthurt and outraged that WG isn't doing exactly what they said.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #12 Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20848 battles
  • 1,924
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 September 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ace, I struggled with the wording quite a lot.  It was the only thing I could come up with that to me seemed neutral in a Bill Clintonesque type way.  This person feels that they have been let down by WG'ing.  I was trying to explain that this stuff happens all the time.  

 

Try this one:  "Sorry if it triggered you".  Or maybe, "Sorry you are butthurt".  No, I did not go that way.  If you can suggest a yet more inoffensive sentence, please do.

well hell Booby... tell him like you feel... unapologetically... jump right into that comfy chair of hate... but remember how you used to feel afterwards... I dunno, maybe you've changed

as for the "Bill Clintonesque type way" (it means to deceive, or so I thought) that will need a further definition for me as I've never really heard that terminology before and cannot easily understand the nuances of innuendo I perceive are trying to be projected... really... I don't get it...

... and, I'm pretty sure "said dude" understands letdowns and doesn't really need you to "to explain that this stuff happens all the time"... but he still has the right to show dissatisfaction... agree?

as for the terms triggered, butthurt, snowflake, big boy pants, bla bla bla ad nauseam ... these are things people on the internet say to others they are trying to offend while using trendy catchwords... all and all... you got yours/ he got his... iz still all cool

 


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 27 September 2017 - 04:40 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


gerr22 #13 Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15300 battles
  • 253
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
i agree with Bobby & otter when it does change play it to enjoy or find something else easy

The_River_StyX_ #14 Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View Postgerr22, on 27 September 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

i agree with Bobby & otter when it does change play it to enjoy or find something else easy

 

Lol, 2.0 was designed with a simpleton in mind - It doesn’t get any easier - you mean, go find something difficult more challenging with historically correct flight dynamics etc....


 


The_River_StyX_ #15 Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostOtterWolf, on 26 September 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

 

Reroll account confirmed.

 

 

Well said, Bobby.  My attitude all along, was "Let's just wait and see how this thing turns out"...  Instead people have to be all butthurt and outraged that WG isn't doing exactly what they said.

 

Sheep that follow the WG Sheppard, how many ways is there to spell baa?


 


The_River_StyX_ #16 Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostOtterWolf, on 26 September 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

 

Reroll account confirmed.

 

 

Well said, Bobby.  My attitude all along, was "Let's just wait and see how this thing turns out"...  Instead people have to be all butthurt and outraged that WG isn't doing exactly what they said.

 

What's this new thing, I just read the forums duirng my spare time at work, I read this post, for example - 

 

http://forum.worldof...rs#entry649747 

 

All of WOWP NA, Laundry is still there hanging on the line.


 


The_River_StyX_ #17 Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 September 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

 

 

Oh Business decisions got it, like, Target allowing men into the women's restroom; but no worry, you’re allowed to still use the toilet paper that they provide and by their good graces -  hand soap will still be provided with the new changes.


Edited by The_River_StyX_, 27 September 2017 - 05:00 PM.

 


The_River_StyX_ #18 Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 33
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    09-21-2017

Reading back on the forums - what I could count, and with a search engine, was over 400 requests from varied players since the inception of WOWP for clan wars, tournaments etc, the most profound and continual request bar none above anything else.

 

 

That's what, over 3 years and 10 months and some change ago - 

 

 

Spin this 2.0 whatever way you want -

 

 

WG failed to meet (ignored) on the most important game implementation requested by its player's - Now go eat those table scraps and enjoy.

 

 

 


Edited by The_River_StyX_, 27 September 2017 - 01:12 PM.

 


Mackunaima #19 Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20730 battles
  • 1,621
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

One of the most weird (to not say unfair) in this game, different from real life is the fact in real life, when you buy something, this thing will be the same forever.

 

Imagine if I buy a Shelby 500, my right neighbor bought a Dodge Challenger, and my left neighbor was force by wife to buy a Subaru. And once he prayed for gods to change his car, cuz his car sucks compared, and gods listens to him and turned his car in amazing car without changing anything.

 

Thats is what WG does to premium planes, you bought something nice, and somebody was crying to have something better.. So WG turned into crap what you bought to please somebody else.

 

IMHO this is the only real lost money. Here you don't buy a plane, you buy the rights to role a plane using some specified name, like Meteor.


Edited by Mackunaima, 27 September 2017 - 01:08 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users