Confused About Special PTS Missions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

StoptheViolins #1 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2129 battles

In WoWS, special missions in PTS are given out so we can track how we are doing them.  I didn't see the special missions given out in WoWP.  The WoWP special missions were fly all 5 types of aircraft 3 times for a total of 15 battles (40 donuts), and some others.  I didn't get a mission for it and I can't tell if I accomplished anything or not.

Which brings me to look and feel.

Why not dupe WoWS missions and formatting and layout? Why not use WoT.  WoWP can't easily be gotten back into since the UI is alien.  WG owns both, why not borrow look and feel?

pyantoryng #2 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1726 battles
Wait for it.......................

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TeamTerrence #3 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

Warplanes is limited to 3 daily missions a day and roughly 2 events in a year.

It has been treated as the red-headed step child of WG since the release of version 1.5 

All efforts from WG are being placed into games (Tanks and Warships) that can make them money yet for some reason they have refused to revive this game 

After they remove the current player base it will probably start featuring pointless nonsense that you are looking for.

StoptheViolins #4 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2129 battles

View PostTeamTerrence, on 25 September 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Warplanes is limited to 3 daily missions a day and roughly 2 events in a year.

It has been treated as the red-headed step child of WG since the release of version 1.5 

All efforts from WG are being placed into games (Tanks and Warships) that can make them money yet for some reason they have refused to revive this game 

After they remove the current player base it will probably start featuring pointless nonsense that you are looking for.

I am assuming you don't read.  All I am asking for is a better mission layout than what they have - you know like the decent layouts in WoWS/WoT.  There shouldn't be much money involved, just copy pasta.

My fav part of the existing layout is how easy it is to accidentally reset or whatever it's called when WoWS erases a mission.  1 away from completion, try to click for progress.. boom missed clicked by a pixel and that mission is gone.

Don't really care about the "limits" and "events" - PRESENTATION is what I am after.  LTR.

BrushWolf #5 Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
We have never gotten any rewards for playing on the test server and this was the first time they let us on it in a long time although we were obviously segregated.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Bear_82 #6 Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 48 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostStoptheViolins, on 25 September 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

. . . Why not dupe WoWS missions and formatting and layout? Why not use WoT. . .

​Simply put, Persha does not copy what has been proven to be successful in Tanks and/or Ships; they do their own thing regardless what makes sense to anyone else

TeamTerrence #7 Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostStoptheViolins, on 25 September 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I am assuming you don't read.  All I am asking for is a better mission layout than what they have - you know like the decent layouts in WoWS/WoT.  There shouldn't be much money involved, just copy pasta.

My fav part of the existing layout is how easy it is to accidentally reset or whatever it's called when WoWS erases a mission.  1 away from completion, try to click for progress.. boom missed clicked by a pixel and that mission is gone.

Don't really care about the "limits" and "events" - PRESENTATION is what I am after.  LTR.

duh!!!! and good luck with your suggestion is what I was trying to tell you smart guy

You have entered a place where suggestions are best used to wipe one's bottom 

So come back when 2.0 is applied and maybe then somebody might care about your suggestions

Look at the other people who have posted...what are they telling you??

or was my explanation too difficult for you to grasp??

ArrowZ_ #8 Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Persha tries too hard to reinvent the wheel a when there's already tonnes of successful examples within wot and wows for wowp to be a great wwii mmo. They do enjoy setting themselves up for failure. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

DarkDaVinci #9 Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 25 September 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

In WoWS, special missions in PTS are given out so we can track how we are doing them.  I didn't see the special missions given out in WoWP.  The WoWP special missions were fly all 5 types of aircraft 3 times for a total of 15 battles (40 donuts), and some others.  I didn't get a mission for it and I can't tell if I accomplished anything or not.

Which brings me to look and feel.

Why not dupe WoWS missions and formatting and layout? Why not use WoT.  WoWP can't easily be gotten back into since the UI is alien.  WG owns both, why not borrow look and feel?

new puppet for WG has arrived!:playing:

StoptheViolins #10 Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2129 battles

View PostDarkDaVinci, on 25 September 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

new puppet for WG has arrived!:playing:

I've messed with WoWP since Beta, I know what you have up your backside. :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users