I'm new, but here's my view - maybe why wowp is failing?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

The_River_StyX_ #1 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Hi,

I’m new to wowp, and I just looked over several posts about why this and why that, why wowp is failing –

If I may, and I hope not to step on anyone’s toes, but – there is no incentive in WOWP for player attraction like in WOTS –

Wots players earn gold – through varied means besides actually having to pay out of pocket –

Wowp players – pay for gold out of pocket –

If I can earn fruits from my labor, I am more inclined to stay at the job /Game - 

If I earn no pay, I will look for another job - game.

Thank you

Edited by The_River_StyX_, 23 September 2017 - 10:20 PM.

The_River_StyX_ #2 Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
But I like trying new things - this game seems ok so far, unsure about this 2.0 stuff, have not looked into it

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:05 AM

Captain

• 794 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 23 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hi,

I’m new to wowp, and I just looked over several posts about why this and why that, why wowp is failing –

If I may, and I hope not to step on anyone’s toes, but – there is no incentive in WOWP for player attraction like in WOTS –

Wots players earn gold – through varied means besides actually having to pay out of pocket –

Wowp players – pay for gold out of pocket –

If I can earn fruits from my labor, I am more inclined to stay at the job /Game - 

If I earn no pay, I will look for another job - game.

Thank you

View PostThe_River_StyX_, on 23 September 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

But I like trying new things - this game seems ok so far, unsure about this 2.0 stuff, have not looked into it

well... you've asked some good questions... both of you... I say, like most new games it's best to get in when it starts, and all kidding aside, this is really a new game...

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 24 September 2017 - 12:07 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

An_Average_Jho #4 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

As you are saying, earning gold in WoT falls under player retention and not player attraction. But player retention is not going to help a game that doesn't even attract that many players in the first place (or that chased many of them out already).

The thing with WoT is that it filled a niche that had no competitors. If you liked tanks, you played WoT. There was no alternative. It was also implemented rather smartly and it kept evolving in a relatively good direction. WoT didn't need to attract people, because people who liked tanks had no proper alternative. Armoured Warfare tried to take a share of WoT's market, but they didn't do that great a job. Armoured Warfare made the same mistake WG did with WoWp. They tried to get in on a market that was dominated with a really good product, and assumed that it would just work itself out.

WG did, for a time, give out tons of gold in WoWp. In fact, a good part of my collection of premium tanks in WoT comes from what I collected in WoWp. There were a lot of streams and events that gave out gold, codes and special aircraft. That didn't work, so they kinda stopped. 

**edited for spelling

Edited by An_Average_Jho, 24 September 2017 - 03:53 AM.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

pyantoryng #5 Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1726 battles

The damage was done years ago, even before release. Doesn't matter what WG tries now, people wouldn't be touching WoWP with a 10-Light Year pole. Like Jho said, WoWP did not enjoy the advantage WoT had as its competitor rolled out at the same time when WoWP was in Beta...and the constant neglecting of player's feedback and other bad decisions tell the rest of the tale.

...and actually, staying long enough in WoWP and accumulating lots of planes, you get annual free EXP stipend (also usable in Tanks) and a consistent pay of tokens to exchange for premium time (usable in all three titles), all without any involvement in clans. Gold isn't linked to WoWS doubloon anyway so grabbing prem time in Planes is just about the only thing you can carryover to Ships if you play it.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Psicko23 #6 Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 16 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I started playing shortly after release. So I can't comment on all the stuff the bumbled before release. After release they never implemented clan wars. Around 1.4 or so they added vertical compression, 1.5 changed the flight model more and messed up the controls for joystick users and game pad users. 1.6 they decided to do a skill based mm, which resulted in long waits for a 1vs1.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1726 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 24 September 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

I started playing shortly after release. So I can't comment on all the stuff the bumbled before release. After release they never implemented clan wars. Around 1.4 or so they added vertical compression, 1.5 changed the flight model more and messed up the controls for joystick users and game pad users. 1.6 they decided to do a skill based mm, which resulted in long waits for a 1vs1.

I play on M/KB so I didn't feel so affected by the fabled 1.5 patch...

...but 1.6 was truly affecting everyone. It wasn't a skill-based MM (WG never went this route, or why would I, an early 50%er would be matched against unicums times and times again?), but rather balancing plane types. That was the very reason why in T8+ there were matches with only ILs (no, German GAs weren't there then) as those were the most abundant type of high tier planes, and people started to make farming pacts...not all of which were kept, but worked for a good part. Good luck queuing for fighters in tiers higher than 6...personally waited 35 mins for a match in 109G (the only time I waited that long).

Implementing Clans but not Clan Wars is, well, I have nothing to say about it because I don't want to be involved with clan businesses...but Ships recently (i.e. last patch) got Clan Battles two years in, and looks like it is independent of campaign map too...

Edited by pyantoryng, 24 September 2017 - 04:39 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #8 Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

@Op

The new mode (conquest) has gold reward objectives, like how missions work. The payout looks small but I guess if you play alot of it, you'll rack up enough to buy a low tier premium, few slots, few prem days. All depends if you like 2.0, which is a very small minority. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

pyantoryng #9 Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1726 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 September 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

@Op

The new mode (conquest) has gold reward objectives, like how missions work. The payout looks small but I guess if you play alot of it, you'll rack up enough to buy a low tier premium, few slots, few prem days. All depends if you like 2.0, which is a very small minority. 

Combat Reconnaissance, do it all for 1000 gold...I don't think that's a normal thing though.

StoptheViolins #10 Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2089 battles
I earned gold in WoWP 2.0... 15...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users