Sting Like a Hornet Daily Mission: Insane requirement

2.0 daily mission insane grind

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5789 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Sting Like a Hornet "Daily" Mission:  Destroy 50 (yes, you got that right, 50) defense aircraft (the white aircraft).  

Given the gameplay I have seen so far, this mission is way, way, way, way too ambitious.  Destroy 5? sure.  Destroy 50?  That's not a daily mission, that is more like a weekly mission.  

The only way I could see doing this is ignoring my team, running alone into neutral territory and somehow wiping out 10 bots in one battle.  Not very conducive to team based play.  

[TLDR:  Destroying 50 defense aircraft (white) is an insane requirement for a "daily" mission.]

TeamTerrence #2 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
a perfect fit for version 2.0  in the making

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• 454 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I don't know, i've had and average of 12 kills per battle. :facepalm:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5789 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 16 September 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

I don't know, i've had and average of 12 kills per battle. :facepalm:

From what I can tell, these have to be the white planes.  I am averaging about the same,8, 10, 12, I dunno, but a b*ttload per battle (13 for an ACE I think?, cause I have a few).  But this one is (from what I can tell) it is just for the white planes which turn red or blue quite fast.

I could be wrong.  Another criticism:  You need a program to figure out what is what for the missions.  So the flight characteristics are simplified, but the missions and medals and awards are like origami for people with arthritis.  

[Idiom Translation] The missions are difficult to understand, some additional text or references to help would be good.  [Edit] Since there are a finite number of missions, perhaps a Wiki or similar Help system to explain the missions complete with pictures, graphs and other visual goodies would be in order.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 17 September 2017 - 01:34 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5035 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostBobby_Tables, on 16 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Sting Like a Hornet "Daily" Mission:  Destroy 50 (yes, you got that right, 50) defense aircraft (the white aircraft).  

Given the gameplay I have seen so far, this mission is way, way, way, way too ambitious.  Destroy 5? sure.  Destroy 50?  That's not a daily mission, that is more like a weekly mission.  

The only way I could see doing this is ignoring my team, running alone into neutral territory and somehow wiping out 10 bots in one battle.  Not very conducive to team based play.  

[TLDR:  Destroying 50 defense aircraft (white) is an insane requirement for a "daily" mission.]

Not all defense aircraft are shite. If a territory has been taken over by the enemy team the defense aircraft are red.  50 seems doable, I have been averaging 9 kills/battle.  Most are defense aircraft.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

pyantoryng #6 Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1733 battles

I solo'd an airbase in my P-40 yesterday...it takes only four downed defense plane to capture a sector, so it's better done in a contested area if it really is white, as base refreshes as the circle change color during capture.

Many of the missions are insane though. One of those almost require you to camp an airbase in a light fighter shooting at enemies going into the circle...and it takes 40 *downed* enemies to score (though that will get you grade 1 fighter pretty quickly).

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #7 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostBobby_Tables, on 16 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

In this mode the kills rack up quickly so at an average of say 10 per match it only takes five matches to complete. Even if the average is half that it is still only 10 matches. Look at the dailies from the new modes point of view.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

lurpmaster #8 Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 38 battles
:facepalm:does it matter the 2.0 is terrible, zzzzzzzzzzz!!! boring and will finaly kill WOWP for good.

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5789 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
I think my issue was the daily mission was not updating so I was "What the devil do I have to do?",  I got the daily even though my count appeared as 6 in the totals.  The issue has been reported in another thread if I am not mistaken.  

BrushWolf #10 Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostBobby_Tables, on 17 September 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

I think my issue was the daily mission was not updating so I was "What the devil do I have to do?",  I got the daily even though my count appeared as 6 in the totals.  The issue has been reported in another thread if I am not mistaken.  

Ah, I misunderstood. I haven't had any problems but that is an old bug with this game engine.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users