Played my 1st and Last Game in 2.0 Test what a Tragedy!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SOJO #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Honestly, playing it, for those that know me, I am actually at a loss for words - A train wreck! That's what comes to mind in vivid horrifying detail!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

Captain

• 838 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
yeah, but you suck in 1.9 so ... maybe fly those helo chopper thingies

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5222 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

This is at least the 6th time someone has said I played it X times and I won't play it no more.  I have played about 20 battles so far and I have to admit, it's growing on me.  I do wish more humans were in the open beta, but it's playable.

Yes, there are issues and yes I admit I like the mechanics of the current game much better.  But, since I use a joystick, I still get some aspect of virtual flying out of it.  

I would say play it for a few times over the next few days and keep notes about what you like/don't like and give a bullet listed feedback.  Will it be read and absorbed by WG?  Probably not, but at least you are giving feedback based on real testing.  The one and done complaint sounds a bit too much like "it's change, I don't like change! Whaaaa".   

I guarantee all this "one and done" stuff is going to have zero impact.  It reminds me too much of people who left the game yet hung around on the forum complaining about how the game is dead.      

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:24 AM

Captain

• 351 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

The trick is to display your feedback in a statically format.

Spreadsheet here I come.

I also missed my opportunity for a "it's happening!" meme.:(

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 16 September 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

TeamTerrence #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:32 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostBobby_Tables, on 16 September 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

This is at least the 6th time someone has said I played it X times and I won't play it no more.  I have played about 20 battles so far and I have to admit, it's growing on me.  I do wish more humans were in the open beta, but it's playable.

Yes, there are issues and yes I admit I like the mechanics of the current game much better.  But, since I use a joystick, I still get some aspect of virtual flying out of it.  

I would say play it for a few times over the next few days and keep notes about what you like/don't like and give a bullet listed feedback.  Will it be read and absorbed by WG?  Probably not, but at least you are giving feedback based on real testing.  The one and done complaint sounds a bit too much like "it's change, I don't like change! Whaaaa".   

I guarantee all this "one and done" stuff is going to have zero impact.  It reminds me too much of people who left the game yet hung around on the forum complaining about how the game is dead.      

Without a doubt any negative feedback will be ignored and 2.0 will be released without regard.

People are going to dislike something that is far off from what they originally signed up for...clearly 2.0 is a far cry from the early days of Warplanes

I've found new things to dislike but there are other dislikes that are currently in the game like bots, poor MM, rammers and so forth....

Funny though i've actually won a few battles that I felt I did very little to contribute to the win?? dunno how that happened

Like most patches I have to force myself to accept them....i'd trade it all for a chance to have 1.4 back

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

Captain

• 838 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 15 September 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

The trick is to display your feedback in a statically format.

Spreadsheet here I come.

I also missed my opportunity for a "it's happening!" meme.:(

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Dave12w #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 114 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Lets hope there is some common sense and it is not released to replace the current mode, or released as an alternate option.

If only they retained the current flight model and displays and incorporated this with the new game mode, bombers and maps.

That would have added to the game.  They seem to have thrown the baby out with the bath water.

I don't see myself playing either if the 2.0 is implemented as a replacement. Lets hope Kiev listens to all their players.  

The game needs to reach a greater target audience, but there are many aspects of the game done well which should have been

retained to achieve this, to build on the work and improvements over the years.

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

Captain

• 351 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

The funny thing is, the flight model has actually been improved.

Stalling is now a lot more dangerous in certain planes and there is no, "auto recovery".

At high speeds it's now more noticeable that changing the aircraft's direction doesn't change the aircraft's velocity (i.e. inertia).

The plane moving all over the screen is mostly an illusion of the camera. I could prove this if someone is will to help me mod the stupid thing in the few days we have it.

What they messed up was the super inflation of aircraft stats and the altitude mechanics.

Return the current plane performance stats and remove altitude compression and the new mode would be above decent.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• 838 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 16 September 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

You’re so opened minded Bob - and you probably think “Caitlyn Jenner” is a nice girl - It is what it is, 2.0 is big saggy donkey balls. No sugar coating this disaster.

nanananananananananananananana... click... tink

the cat can hear it... you wanna know what that sound is...

it's the sound of the can of Whoopazz Boobie is opening for you...

:hiding:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 16 September 2017 - 01:55 PM.

GouIdy #10 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 16 September 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

The funny thing is, the flight model has actually been improved.

Care to share what ever it is that you are smoking?

The flight model is no where near as good as the current live version & it's only funny to the people that have resigned to see this new game flop.

Bachrocks #11 Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

Senior Airman

• 1205 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 15 September 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Good points made Bobby. I played a couple games and wasnt too keen. I played a few more and liked it a bit more. I still have no clue as to strategy and tactics but Im willing to give it a try. Warthunder has terrible flight dynamics and is impossible with a joystick ( I tried watching at least 10 youtube videos on joystick setup and it still is impossible to get good flight dynamics) I refuse to fly airplanes with a frkn mouse. Il give the new version a solid try. Im sure there will be things i like and things i dont but as much as people whine about change they cant have it all. Maybe the change to 2.0 will rid the game of so many whiners and crybabies that troll the forum nonstop complaining about EVERYTHING about the game. . There are certainly enough people saying they will quit with the release of 2.0 so hopefully they do. and also stay out of the forums with the nonstop crying and whining. Maybe thats the reasoning behind the change to 2.0 Kinda like throwing out the trash

Edited by Bachrocks, 29 September 2017 - 05:51 AM.

LBAEZ #12 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Wow amazing how we lost so many great pilots when bots came I to play now they will lose the few good pilots left in game so  those whiners your talking about ran circles around most guys playing the game now and lots were  alpha and beta tester from the START  BACHROCK!!!! So enjoy your silly respawn game you [edited]

Edited by LBAEZ, 03 October 2017 - 11:18 AM.

tahee59 #13 Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
The clueless should have a great time in 2.0. It takes no skill.

popeye_212 #14 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Senior Airman

• 191 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S

The conquest mode is not why I started this game.  Had been Conquest from the start I would have passed.  Not that good as some in the game but it will be farewell for me.Yes I did try the new mode and do not like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users