Skills and equipment

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jaguardian #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
Has anything changed as far as pilot skills and plane equipment?  I don't have the internet connection to see for myself so asking those of you that have played it.

Sassover #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
No changes.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2133 battles

Too poor to grab any of those at the moment...

Nothing much has changed so far though.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

dityboycom #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
It's really irrelevant because the whole flight model / mechanics have changed.

Jaguardian #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View Postdityboycom, on 15 September 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

It's really irrelevant because the whole flight model / mechanics have changed.

This is true for like the 4th time now in this game, but if the extras you can add to a plane and pilot are still there, then you will still be able to have different plane set ups.  An example of what I am referring to is if you set up a high tier German GA with the equipment and skills to max the engines, in the current game many fighters can't catch up to them.  On the flip side to that, it may be pointless in the new mode to be able to outrun a fighter in a GA.  Heavy fighters can choose a light or heavy configuration depending on the pilots play style.  I was getting the impression that the new game mode made all fighters, heavies, GA, and bombers so similar that there was no individual characteristics between the different nationalities, meaning a Spitfire would fly the same as a P51.  My play time in the current game has dropped down to just flying anniversary planes to get the free XP and I am not really sure why I keep doing that.  I am stupid for thinking WG will ever implement some kind of end game content for this game.  The only consolation I have is that I have stopped spending money on this game for almost three years now and I play it strictly for free.  I don't believe anything is going to change for me when the new mode is released and I will only play it for the anniversary missions as I have been doing, unless something better comes along.

dityboycom #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
That's assuming anniversary missions are still a thing. The content on the test server looks pretty unpromising, and it's my understanding this will be replacing random battle mode, which means a battle will take upwards of 20 minutes moving forward. I'm not sure who wargaming thinks wants to spend 20 minutes and only get credited for one game on a regular basis; but, who here has ever understood anything wargaming did? Even their strike system is lacking thought.

TeamTerrence #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View Postdityboycom, on 15 September 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

That's assuming anniversary missions are still a thing. The content on the test server looks pretty unpromising, and it's my understanding this will be replacing random battle mode, which means a battle will take upwards of 20 minutes moving forward. I'm not sure who wargaming thinks wants to spend 20 minutes and only get credited for one game on a regular basis; but, who here has ever understood anything wargaming did? Even their strike system is lacking thought.

but....I didn't do it??? :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users