Patch 2.0 2.0 Review Video

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 581 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Here it is.  Apologies up front for the nubbish flying on my part; a bit rusty since RL has taken me away from the game for the better part of the last three months combined with what feels like very strong changes to the flight model.  Covered in this video is the updated hangar and a single battle in the Blohm und Voss Ha.137 V-1.

Wherein Magus is reminded of his love for the XF4F-3 Protocat premium fighter and his bot team mates turn out to be not completely useless for once.

Where Magus realizes the only real difference between his XF4F-3 and his Yak-7 is guns, rockets and Hard Bass.

Two words. Heavies and flights. The video also known as How the Ceasar got its groove back. There's just something about its gun...when you can reliably land shots with it. It's a visceral and terrible beauty.

Where Magus realizes that the A-26B Invader is a MUCH better bomber than the Blenheim he had been stuck with up until the day this video was made. It slices, it dices, it makes low level bombing runs and can chop concrete blocks into julienne fries!

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 17 September 2017 - 08:32 PM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5198 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 15 September 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Here it is.  Apologies up front for the nubbish flying on my part; a bit rusty since RL has taken me away from the game for the better part of the last three months combined with what feels like very strong changes to the flight model.  Covered in this video is the updated hangar and a single battle in the Blohm und Voss Ha.137 V-1.

:great: Thanks for posting the vid Magus.  If you are going to continue testing... drop me a line.  I'm looking to get a good group of people together, that are willing to put the time in on this CT.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Noreaga #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

so they dumb down the game to make it easier for more people, but it is still punishing to new players....WTH have they been doing 3 years of art upgrades.

Persha we get it, you are an art company.

Nimis obnoxii curare

dityboycom #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostNoreaga, on 15 September 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

so they dumb down the game to make it easier for more people, but it is still punishing to new players....WTH have they been doing 3 years of art upgrades.

Persha we get it, you are an art company.

Lol, It's mind numbingly confusing until you read the 8 page manual on how the game mode works. THen you realize they broke the flight model, energy doesn't exist, and if you played this game on your phone, you would be waiting for an ad to pop up in between shots to "Continue."

They are well aware their current audience is not working, that is why they create a brand new game every major patch. Unfortunately for them this time, not only will they not get their current audience back (except for a handful of lonely men who's wives have been with another man for the last 15 years and they still haven't noticed shes not there when they go to sleep); but, they will attract a handful of WT players whom may have been nostalgia of when WT was god awful. There is a reason WT doesn't only have arcade mode, wargaming naturally isn't intelligent enough to figure out that is not a profitable business model, I wouldn't be surprised if that woman that used to run the show still has her job after 4 +years of failure.

SOJO #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Turn in game music OFF; it just emasculates any sliver of historical influence of its former existence of a game that was based more on skill and intellect comparatively to the tragedy on the horizon in 2.0, In retrospect of an eight-year-old child at your local Denny's restaurant trying to grab the proverbial stuffed animal with the claw crane coin operated machine, look mommy I almost had it can I have another quarter.

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 15 September 2017 - 05:33 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
 All,  they are going to do what Sony did to Star Wars galaxies it was a great PC game tough grind fest awarding and then they got really greedy and wanted to make it  applicable for the console players the cookie cutting machines so they dumbed down the game so they could grab the console consumer market to make a bigger profit the writing is on the wall ladies and gentlemen and in between they want more money so they will castrate the PC version and birth it into a console commodity.

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 15 September 2017 - 05:39 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

dityboycom #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 15 September 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

All,  they are going to do what Sony did to Star Wars galaxies it was a great PC game tough grind fest awarding and then they got really greedy and wanted to make it  applicable for the console players the cookie cutting machines so they dumbed down the game so they could grab the console consumer market to make a bigger profit the writing is on the wall ladies and gentlemen and in between they want more money so they will castrate the PC version and birth it into a console commodity.

truf Sojo, truf

Sassover #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
You can put lipstick(new graphics) on a pig(2.0), but underneath, it's still a pig.

pyantoryng #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1794 battles
They put all the resources into making premium hangar moves...'nuff said.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 15 September 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

The NGE was the end of SWG and so far from what I have experienced 2.0 is simply WT arcade mode, which even WT's most ardent fan boys admit is garbage, in very slightly different packaging. WT already has the market and directly competing with them is suicide. I have little faith that they will make changes that will appeal to the veterans here let alone changes that will appeal to WT's player base.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• 923 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

a strategy game with very little strategy...

an action game that does not excite...

games like this are meant to pull the player into it and create a desire to achieve excellence or figure out a hidden approach that will yield success and victory and, well ... it looks like they made a very cool looking stick but couldn't figure out how to attach the carrot, hmm

maybe in another three years they'll get that part sorted out

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Mackunaima #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

One of the most exciting things in plane sfor me is the feeling of speed. Things in 2 point dumb look even more slow now.

Just to make my point clear, in your video at 7:35 your are around 250Km/h at 150 meters and look around, the ground the buildings. Just slow, very slow

This guys is problably at the same speed and a around the same altitude. Now look the ground, and the buildings. Looks like twice faster.

Again, an old game redesigned for kids.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

MagusGerhardt #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 581 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Good thoughts, everyone.  Get that feedback submitted!  We can still fix this (I hope) into something that is fun and engaging to play as well as visually stunning to look at.

Part two is up, amended into the OP.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

DarkDaVinci #14 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 15 September 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

You can put lipstick(new graphics) on a pig(2.0), but underneath, it's still a pig.

hahahaha! good one!

mnbv_fockewulfe #15 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Captain

• 493 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
You're so...obvious when you narrate it's almost cute. :popcorn:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

MagusGerhardt #16 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 581 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 15 September 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

You're so...obvious when you narrate it's almost cute. :popcorn:

I still can't get Morgan Freeman to do voiceovers, so I do my best.  :B

TeamTerrence #17 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 16 September 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

I still can't get Morgan Freeman to do voiceovers, so I do my best.  :B

heheh +1

dityboycom #18 Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:13 AM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 15 September 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Good thoughts, everyone.  Get that feedback submitted!  We can still fix this (I hope) into something that is fun and engaging to play as well as visually stunning to look at.

Part two is up, amended into the OP.

fix what bro? This is already the final version for them. They're merely doing server testing making sure there are no bugs. No alterations will be made, just bug fixes. Little do they know 2.0 in itself is a bug.

MagusGerhardt #19 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 581 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 16 September 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

fix what bro? This is already the final version for them. They're merely doing server testing making sure there are no bugs. No alterations will be made, just bug fixes. Little do they know 2.0 in itself is a bug.

That's the point.  If we point things out and the feedback is rejected, the blame is squarely on them.  If they have us test crap and we refuse to say it's crap, then we share in the fault.

Also, part 3 is now up and part 4 is being edited this evening for a late night upload.

pyantoryng #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:16 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1794 battles
Will you be playing that Blenny bomber (or the Douglas bomber should T6 release come with it)?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Also tagged with Patch 2.0, 2.0, Review, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users