wowp 2.0

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

egikov #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 4436 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR

This is an entirely different game that probably designed for PS4 and other consoles. Everything is so simplified that it reminds me of Blazing Angels on Wii. The name/text labels on the enemy planes is very small, it is probably designed for only one resolution of console TVs and hard to see. It has better fps because it doesn't have anything.

It doesn't have information about selected enemy, no good radar or map, no good hood with gradual markers, no information about overheat engine and guns(alt button kind of shows, but it's inconvenient), no optimal altitude scale, no players planes on sides of the screen (only tab shows teams I think), no flaps control (it's automatic), bad mouse control (all options were deleted) and no aiming assist marker.

It is very sad that the game that we have now soon will disappear.

WoWP 2.0 is garbage compared to what we have now. Even though WoWP 2.0 has some good points: like bombers, possibility of shooting for gunners, unlimited bombs, re-spawning,  better graphics.

I'm sure most players that play now will leave or play it much less.

Neblin #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Like I posted on MARS_REVENATS topic... Well, it's been a nice ride, shame it'll be over! =/

spanks2 #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1088 battles

View Postegikov, on 15 September 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

This is an entirely different game that probably designed for PS4 and other consoles. Everything is so simplified that it reminds me of Blazing Angels on Wii. The name/text labels on the enemy planes is very small, it is probably designed for only one resolution of console TVs and hard to see. It has better fps because it doesn't have anything.

It doesn't have information about selected enemy, no good radar or map, no good hood with gradual markers, no information about overheat engine and guns(alt button kind of shows, but it's inconvenient), no optimal altitude scale, no players planes on sides of the screen (only tab shows teams I think), no flaps control (it's automatic), bad mouse control (all options were deleted) and no aiming assist marker.

It is very sad that the game that we have now soon will disappear.

WoWP 2.0 is garbage compared to what we have now. Even though WoWP 2.0 has some good points: like bombers, possibility of shooting for gunners, unlimited bombs, re-spawning,  better graphics.

I'm sure most players that play now will leave or play it much less.

Its an entirely different game. Doesn't mean its bad, just not what I like compared to original version. It could be an OK second option, or second game along side the original version. But if this is replacing the current WoWps, I am not interested...

pyantoryng #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2231 battles
WoWP goes back to square one...or is this square zero, or times zero, or divided by zero...?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
What really sucks is there are no other non-sim flying games that cover the period WoWP/WT cover that I know of and I hate WT and so far all I see is a copy & paste of WT's arcade mode.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

BrushWolf #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postegikov, on 15 September 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

WT's arcade mode is better than WoWP 2.0 in my opinion. So, I'll probably try to install WT again. Even though, I hate WT's hangar, interface and many other things in it.

It isn't better enough, I won't reinstall that turd.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Tarl_Dichari #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 390 battles

Well from what I've seen I'm not liking it at all.  Can't customize my instruments.....can't see squat.............and the game doesn't even allow you to customize the cockpit at all to mirror what I'm currently using.

Not liking the "War Thunder" type gameplay...........where you have an objective and mission and lose no matter how many planes you shoot down because you weren't in this grid or that.

So far,   FAIL!

BrushWolf #8 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostTarl_Dichari, on 16 September 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Well from what I've seen I'm not liking it at all.  Can't customize my instruments.....can't see squat.............and the game doesn't even allow you to customize the cockpit at all to mirror what I'm currently using.

Not liking the "War Thunder" type gameplay...........where you have an objective and mission and lose no matter how many planes you shoot down because you weren't in this grid or that.

So far,   FAIL!

This is very much an alpha product although with how long they have been working on this I did expect more polish.

Russian Proverb

aninspiredname #9 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 112 battles

Unfortunately I have to agree with pretty much everything above. It's been dumbed down to a War Thunder clone, and is basically the exact experience that drove me from that game to this game.

I really enjoyed the closed beta and watching the game content expand as it evolved into the nuanced and strategic, yet extremely approachable game we have in 1.9. If this is released as the new game, we throw all of that away and reboot it as a mediocre arcade shooter without the story.

I loved the fact that the game was easy to get (back) into, but allowed me to feel like I had precise control over my aircraft's every move and included realistic elements like a good flight model, a lead indicator, altitude based performance, aircraft customization, etc. etc. It was an ideal balance, and while I love that we're talking about bringing bombers into the game, (I've spent a lot of time cleaning a B-29) I'd really like to see them and tailgun controls implemented into the current game model, with this as an additional battle mode.

I don't enjoy War Thunder. Please don't clone it.

didntwin #10 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:13 AM

Airman Basic

• 1773 battles
pilots this is a test and info feed back. give them your input and this will become a better version of wowp yes we have some issues out there but those issues can be fixed so give the wargaming team some input to make it better. 

pyantoryng #11 Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2231 battles

View PostMemphisBelle2, on 17 September 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

pilots this is a test and info feed back. give them your input and this will become a better version of wowp yes we have some issues out there but those issues can be fixed so give the wargaming team some input to make it better. 

You clearly do not know the futility of providing feedback from NA cluster...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Lonian #12 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 4 battles
  • [SF] SF

First, the positive:

The concept is good.  I like the general concept of Conquest.

That's it.  Time to move to what I don't like.
Up until now, WOWP allowed the player to customize the display and controls.  This enhanced Situational Awareness and gameplay.  These things are gone from 2.0.  I don't like that.

I realize that the final product may be different from what we are seeing here.  I sincerely hope so.  There is a reason I play WOWP instead of WT.  If Wargaming makes WOWP into a WT clone, then I will no longer have a reason to play it.

Neblin #13 Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMemphisBelle2, on 17 September 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

MemphisBelle 2, I don't think it'd matter how "polished" it gets... I 'd say the thing that's getting to people most, is the fact that it is *replacing* what we have now, rather than being 

an *optional* game mode like WoT Encounter mode.

Neblin #14 Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

If the implemented it that way, I'd be fine with it... But they're not!

dcr66 #15 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

Airman Basic

• 25 battles

I have been a groupie with WG for few years (WoT Console [Feb 2014]  + WoWS [Oct 2015]). Last time I played WW2 combat sim on PC was back in early 90s with games like Aces over the Pacific etc. Unfortunately flight model in current version already a bit too dumb down compared to that. I played enough old school flight sims back then to handle the keyboard or used a specialized joystick if necessary, but then WoWP don't even have throttle control!!!!

Given I have premium time in WoWS I will fool around in WoWP for now. But unless the population balloon to that of WoWS, I won't buy any WoWP premium item.

Arthun #16 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 305 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
i play a few battles and I feel bored. Dun bother to test anymore. Controls suck, no E button etc. Only a few good points like cap base, new bombers. But all those bad points cover all the good points. In the end, it is suck to me.

BrushWolf #17 Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMemphisBelle2, on 16 September 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 September 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

You clearly do not know the futility of providing feedback from NA, EU, or RU clusters, Persha will do what they want no matter how negative the input is....

FTFY

Russian Proverb

Koalbucket #18 Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Airman Basic

• 48 battles
  • [SISA] SISA

Arcade is arcade........

Warplanes needs some bomber action......more choices......US, French, Italian....German...a Hurricane Line for England.......

This Conquest mode is a pig....with lipstick on it......

Many things missing....listen to the other feedback....Negative is Negative....just like Lipstick on a Pig....CAN'T MAKE IT NO BETTER....

Jaguardian #19 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 170 battles

View PostKoalbucket, on 19 September 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Arcade is arcade........

Warplanes needs some bomber action......more choices......US, French, Italian....German...a Hurricane Line for England.......

This Conquest mode is a pig....with lipstick on it......

Many things missing....listen to the other feedback....Negative is Negative....just like Lipstick on a Pig....CAN'T MAKE IT NO BETTER....

Pigs can be made into bacon, yummy bacon.

BrushWolf #20 Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
What this game really needs is two pronged. First they need to focus on getting more human players, eight plus per team us a good target, into each match and second some form of end game, WoWS team battles would work well.

Russian Proverb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users