MARS_FEEDBACK Thread

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:45 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

There are a lot of items that are still present from the first round of CT.  Which means as long as this CT does not cause major errors/crashes, they will probably release this as the new game shortly.  However, in an effort to be somewhat optimistic I will once again give feedback and play the CT as much as possible.  I'll edit this post as I come across things.

Things I like:

• During First Round of CLosed Public Test, they didnt have pitch up control for KB&M users.  They have added that in.  Thank Goodness.
  • Graphics seem to be optimized compared to the current game. I get much higher FPS than usual.
  • Like the animations of explosions
  • Hangar graphics upgrades.

Things I Dislike:

• They just need to take the GUI and FLight mechanics they have now and use them in the 2.0 mode.
  • Flaps control is missing (hopefully they will add this as they did with pitch up key missing)
  • Advances controls for KB&M users.
  • The economy in CT is too much like the real game, for only 10 days of CT you will not progress very much.
  • The overall HP of ground targets isn't that clear, the individual components of ground targets aren't always visible.
  • Tracers are barely visible when you are not in sniper mode
  • When in sniper mode there is no way to tell what angle your wings are at.  You may be in a dogfight and hit the pitch up key only to realize you were upside down
  • No dedicated radar, the combined radar map isn't useful as a radar, cant really tell if planes are close/far or pointing at you
  • Maps seem to be a bit big for lw tiers, took me longer to fly to the battle than participate in it.
  • No attitude indicator, no speed/altitude scales to show optimal speed/altitude
  • Seems hard to influence battle, killing a lot of planes to take over/defend a territory does not seem to do much.
  • When flying the new bomber plane type, you can not get into sniper mode for forward firing weapons.  Same weapons don't seem to do much damage.
  • Everytime something happens like, hit a plane, or plane destroyed or supremacy point, you get a notification in the top right as well as a sound playing... literally every few seconds.
  • Needs better balance with sounds.
  • Plane feels like it is being pulled by rubber bands
  • Bad camera alignment.  No zoom steps, Either 3rd person or sniper.
  • Free camera can't zoom into your own plane to look at the detail anymore
  • Different reticle styles are needed. The orange dot in the centre of the screen is hard to see.
  • Bring back ability to customize information displayed on enemy targets

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 16 September 2017 - 03:49 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Jozhua #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Airman Basic

• 1849 battles
So far I agree with everything Mars has said, though for me the dislikes are strong enough (among other things noted elsewhere) that I really wouldn't want to play in the new WOWP 2.0.

outwardpanicjoe #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 798 battles
  • [SF] SF
do you guys also have the loss sense of speed in the in the CT I don't feel like i am  going faster in a dive even though i am going at a pretty high speed 

Neblin #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Was just playing in my FW-57... Can't seem to retain any airspeed. Seems to stall at the drop of a hat.

Is this *replacing* the current game, or just going to be an optional battle mode?

If it is a replacer, it *will* kill the game!

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:42 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostNeblin, on 14 September 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Was just playing in my FW-57... Can't seem to retain any airspeed. Seems to stall at the drop of a hat.

Is this *replacing* the current game, or just going to be an optional battle mode?

If it is a replacer, it *will* kill the game!

They have stated it is a replacement.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Neblin #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Well, it's been a nice ride, shame it'll be over! =/

Derpinoid #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 286 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
There's no sense of motion on the planes, my keypad barfs, there seems to be no real point, it's not clear how you might take something over, game play is not at all compelling, not sure I want to play the CT, and if rolled out like this, bye.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

Sassover #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
All they had to do was add the new mode but keep the flight model & UI. Unfortunately, they are determined to dumb the game down and give the masses a mindless arcade shooter....and there is nothing we can say or do to change that.

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 15 September 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

All they had to do was add the new mode but keep the flight model & UI. Unfortunately, they are determined to dumb the game down and give the masses a mindless arcade shooter....and there is nothing we can say or do to change that.

Agree, that is what was said when they did their first round of Closed Public Test for Conquest Mode.

Sassover #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 September 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

Agree, that is what was said when they did their first round of Closed Public Test for Conquest Mode.

So that just proves my point. Nothing we say here will change the course of 2.0....just as our feedback never made any difference in any of the previous updates. Leaving serious feedback here is just spitting in the wind.

_Old_Bear_ #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2800 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

It's just an other game.

I have enjoyed WoWP since Beta testing and still have fun.

I am wondering if I will play this new game.

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 15 September 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

So that just proves my point. Nothing we say here will change the course of 2.0....just as our feedback never made any difference in any of the previous updates. Leaving serious feedback here is just spitting in the wind.

Keep in mind the first 2 rounds of testing were closed, and had very little participation and feedback... Maybe this Open Testing is to receive more info and feedback.  All I can do is give feedback and hope it works out.

Sassover #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 September 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Keep in mind the first 2 rounds of testing were closed, and had very little participation and feedback... Maybe this Open Testing is to receive more info and feedback.  All I can do is give feedback and hope it works out.

"Hope Springs Eternal".

_Laserguided_ #14 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 September 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 15 September 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

"Hope Springs Eternal".

View Post_Laserguided_, on 15 September 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

It aint dead till its dead...  All I can do is hope it turns out good... but I'm not saying it will.

pyantoryng #16 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2231 battles
If there's anything this open test has proven...the game is fully capable of running with a nonexistent population number...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

_Laserguided_ #17 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I watched your stream last night... I didn't see anything worthy of me downloading the CT and I was hoping there was. 

Personally I admire your perseverance. 

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

dityboycom #18 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Post_Laserguided_, on 15 September 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

I watched your stream last night... I didn't see anything worthy of me downloading the CT and I was hoping there was. 

Right?

Back when we thought this was the worst WG could do.

MARS_REVENANT #19 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Post_Laserguided_, on 15 September 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Its up to you I guess.  If they fixed the GUI and controls to match current, I think it would be a pretty good change of pace.  This is a CT so the more people that try  it out and give feedback the better.  Not trying it will most likely mean that the decisions on final product will be made by others and is more doomed to fail.  They may not listen to the feedback and it might fail anyway... but I cant complain about them not listening if I don't say anything in the first place.

I'm playing a video game, not fighting Big Oil.

_Laserguided_ #20 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 15 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Its up to you I guess.  If they fixed the GUI and controls to match current, I think it would be a pretty good change of pace.  This is a CT so the more people that try  it out and give feedback the better.  Not trying it will most likely mean that the decisions on final product will be made by others and is more doomed to fail.  They may not listen to the feedback and it might fail anyway... but I cant complain about them not listening if I don't say anything in the first place.

I'm playing a video game, not fighting Big Oil.

History has shown that the NA  doesn't effect change, but deals with it.  I did a bit up "super testing"  and it felt like I could have told them the game would cure cancer and it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. When I met with Gunlion and he was playing bots while Wargaming was telling us all is well and our concerns were being addressed I came to the only reasonable conclusion... Wargmaing isn't interested in what the community here in the NA wants. 

Sadly you are playing a video game that is without argument, worse than it was at anytime during its beta...

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users