Don't know where to start

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

dityboycom #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

The amount of time wasted by Wargaming on this iteration is disappointing. I'm not sure if there is any constructive feedback because it's a new game that is just not something I am interested in.

Game mode is kinda cool; but, would be much better with the previous game in its entirety which was also awful in comparison to many iterations ago.

Flight mechanics are awful it feels as if it's a browser game

Game is overly complicated now for no reason while also being overly simple

Graphic on the game is awesome; but, realistically it looks like Wargaming just copy and pasted Warthunder but a [edited]version from years ago.

I'd say I hope you don't move forward with this iteration; but, seeing as much positive feedback as I already see I can see that's not a thing. It's unfortunate, I've waited all these years in hope of a good World of Warplanes because it always had a dynamic Warthunder was missing. Now it is just Warthunders direct competitor with no chance of competing.

Thanks wargaming; but, no thanks. Wish I had more to say, you missed the mark in it's entirety, it is unplayable.

Raider_Bane #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle
  • [E_R] E_R
I agree in totality.

TeamTerrence #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

Bear_82 #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 60 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postdityboycom, on 14 September 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

The amount of time wasted by Wargaming on this iteration is disappointing. I'm not sure if there is any constructive feedback because it's a new game that is just not something I am interested in.

Game mode is kinda cool; but, would be much better with the previous game in its entirety which was also awful in comparison to many iterations ago.

Graphic on the game is awesome; but, realistically it looks like Wargaming just copy and pasted Warthunder but a [edited]version from years ago.

I'd say I hope you don't move forward with this iteration; but, seeing as much positive feedback as I already see I can see that's not a thing. It's unfortunate, I've waited all these years in hope of a good World of Warplanes because it always had a dynamic Warthunder was missing. Now it is just Warthunders direct competitor with no chance of competing.

Thanks wargaming; but, no thanks. Wish I had more to say, you missed the mark in it's entirety, it is unplayable.

nailed it

I hope WG does well with the new game, but they'll be doing it without me

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

Major

• 1458 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postdityboycom, on 14 September 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

on first try my say is, I'll agree with everything you said Dity... I'll play it a few more times and see why missions make very little sense,,, maybe translation or I'm just stupid... dunno... will find out

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Florida_Man_ #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 99 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I can see the devs really took some time on this, but I don't think it's going to work. For the positive items, there's just one additional negative item that leaves me feeling like this is an alpha game all over again.

Edited by GUNDY_, 15 September 2017 - 12:00 AM.

MAKE WOWP GREAT AGAIN :honoring:

BrushWolf #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postdityboycom, on 14 September 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostBear_82, on 14 September 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

nailed it

I hope WG does well with the new game, but they'll be doing it without me

Yeah, I don't like WT and this is WT with a new paint job. I am surprised the WT fanboys haven't descended on this place like the horde of locusts that they are by now.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Jozhua #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:06 AM

Airman Basic

• 2346 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 14 September 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

I too agree 100%. I am extremely disappointed with this iteration. We don't want warthunder, we want WOWP. IF you choose to move forward with this, please keep servers for 1.9 running for the many players who won't switch to 2.0

yanquidawg #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

Airman Basic

• 116 battles
I'll try it for a while, but if you drop WoWP for this mess, I wont remain on line. If I wanted another version of War Thunder, I'd just go back and reload it. No thanks.

pyantoryng #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:40 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2673 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 15 September 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

Yeah, I don't like WT and this is WT with a new paint job. I am surprised the WT fanboys haven't descended on this place like the horde of locusts that they are by now.

They got bored and moved on...a long time ago...

WG now have what they wanted - a game so accessible a chimpanzee can comprehend...at least they won't be lawndarting for longer...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

dityboycom #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 14 September 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

on first try my say is, I'll agree with everything you said Dity... I'll play it a few more times and see why missions make very little sense,,, maybe translation or I'm just stupid... dunno... will find out

I've disliked nearly every iteration of this game since 1.7 I also wasn't a fan of 1.7 or the ones before that; but, the core of the game was still in tact enough that I could relax and enjoy playing a few battles even if I couldn't binge it anymore. Typically my gut reaction is "UGH WHY!?" then I play 30 or 40 battles and I forget why I hate it so much because all i can remember is I hate it but I have nothing else to do. That was because at the core the game was the same as it always has been, which gave you hope to hold on to.

This is an entirely new game, one that had I just downloaded it and pressed battle I would have uninstalled immediately. It's a browser game built for a console, that we will surely see on console soon enough like Tanks as Sojo said elsewhere. The core of the game is gone, the balance is gone, and while the new game mode looks promising, to have that as the only game mode, and to have that game mode with these new mechanics and interfaces is just disappointing. This would actually have been an awesome patch had they kept the current iteration of the game and added this game mode with the bombers and supremacy, while continuing to leave the traditional battle mode in tact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users