World of Warplanes Common Test "Conquest" is here!

wowp 2.0 conquest mode

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Flight_Officer #21 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I played two matches and will not play/test it any further as it is completely unappealing.

I have uninstalled it. 

It has the look, sound and feel of a child's Nintendo like game.

Please give us the option of continuing with the existing game as I do not feel that Conquest will have much of a following.

NobleAegis #22 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

Airman Basic

• 163 battles
I don't get all the negativity here. I for one really enjoyed the new game mode. It's not perfect, but it adds a fresh feel to the game I think. I see lot's of potential for this new game mode, just needs polish. 

Zapperguy #23 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostLBAEZ, on 14 September 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Ghost prime  when the 2.0 comes out to the public will you have to pick conquest mode to play this version? And second will they have the option of playing standard mode because the respawn thing will lose me as a player if thatso the only mode in the game I try to stick it out here but can't continue playing with respawn 

This, this, and more this! +1

K1OXD #24 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 166 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostGhostPrime, on 14 September 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hello Pilots! 

Test our new Conquest game mode, it's coming in fast with new bomber aircraft, respawns, improved balance, revamped graphics, maps, and more!

We want your feedback! Download and test Conquest mode in three simple steps:

Open the Wargaming Game Center launcher
Click “All games” then “Install game by ID”
Enter the following code in the field:
WOWPST.ST.18GENTEST20@http://wgus-wowpst12.wargaming.net

Please only use the special forum sections for feedback and discussions. This will help us compile all the feedback for the developers! 

I discovered the whole code is case sensitive.​

Edited by K1OXD, 16 September 2017 - 02:34 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostLBAEZ, on 14 September 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Ghost prime  when the 2.0 comes out to the public will you have to pick conquest mode to play this version? And second will they have the option of playing standard mode because the respawn thing will lose me as a player if thatso the only mode in the game I try to stick it out here but can't continue playing with respawn 

View PostZapperguy, on 15 September 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

This, this, and more this! +1

They have already stated on the RU forums as part of a Q & A that this mode will replace the current mode.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Derpinoid #26 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

100% not worth my time, even for free, just annoying, Done with WG now.

EDIT: don't bother responding to this post, really

Edited by Derpinoid, 15 September 2017 - 08:59 PM.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

FreeFOXMIKE #27 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 560 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
All links failed too work

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

pyantoryng #28 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

The hyperlink is a part of the code to be used in WGC to download test client...don't click it, copy the whole line into WGC's code input.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rockstone_ #29 Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Is this this still active all i get : Servers are down try again later [edited].

ParanoiaXtreme_PRX #30 Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 204 battles
  • [SF] SF
This version of the game is really good at crashing when I try to load into a match! Thank you so much for a game that is impossible to play

K1OXD #31 Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 166 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

The documentation NEEDS to be improved.

In the Common Test Notes there are large blanks. One is after "How Do I Capture Territories". There is another large blank after "Replenishing Outboard Weapons".

Where is the "Next Ground Target" key?

Where is the "Show Players" key?

What are the white flying targets?  

The ground targets used to be yellow or red boxes. Now the ground target seems to be bracketed with red markers? And they seem to change in size?

When you are in rear gunner position, does the plane go on Auto-Pilot? And will it avoid those pesky tall 120 foot radio towers?

For a joystick user, what have you done to the throttle? It seems to be full Boost or not. Can't make any adjustment in Settings.

In the Hanger, there are long delays after the battle before the results are displayed. Also, a long delay when changing to different tiers, countries, etc.

I'm told from pilots that fly WT that all this comes natural to them because that is how it is done in WT. Not everyone plays WT and I don't like to guess at what does what when I'm in battle.

Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation, Documentation,

K1OXD

Edited by K1OXD, 18 September 2017 - 08:01 PM.

empyreal_recon #32 Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Please check out the live streams nightly of MARS_REVENANT or his offline videos

for a better overview of the upcoming game mode before its here in your face.

​I like the revamped game sounds, visuals simplified UI and actual objectives.

See the live stream nightly  9pm to 11pm on Twitch.TV 

((( So Far So Good So What )))

gigiddy #33 Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 567 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Really don't see what's so wrong with the game AS IS... Respawn is stupid if I kill you you're dead period. How about adding planes like US Bombers there are plenty to choose from to fit most tiers. Or add tiers above T 10. Fix MM balance how do you pair 2 T8s in heavies to 2 T10s in heavies?  That's just a slaughter. Stop with the blowout battles when it takes 90 seconds to get across the map and 20 seconds for your whole team to be annihilated you make a pass thru the fur ball turn around and everything's gone except the GAs. Address how when I'm flying a maxed out T9 heavy and initially climb to 4500 meters using all my boost plus all engine skills how there is a J7W2 right in front of me at the same altitude how's that possible? Once you chase away all the guys that play this game regularly and spend money on it warplanes will be dead. I personally don't have any interest in starting all over again

GhostPrime #34 Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Thank you all you tested Conquest mode and gave your feedback! The test is now over.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

DarkDaVinci #35 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

View Posttyy, on 14 September 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I have so much body memory invested in this game that i have no heart to start over with War Thunder

I just thinking.... i came from WT.... and now i see that i have no options with 2.o.

tahee59 #36 Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The old saying goes if you can beat them join them. Wowp could not out due WT so the easy out for them is to copy WT.

pyantoryng #37 Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View Posttahee59, on 26 September 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

The old saying goes if you can beat them join them. Wowp could not out due WT so the easy out for them is to copy WT.

...and they copied the stuff that alleged to be a failure too!

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Zapperguy #38 Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postpyantoryng, on 26 September 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

...and they copied the stuff that alleged to be a failure too!

jack_wdw #39 Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
I've played it once. Did not like it.
Not even tempted to play it again.

I hate it that the flight characteristics are changed. The game lags and stutters all the time, while the ide of the new game mode is good, it does not feel like an improvement.
As said, flight characteristics are like blazing angels, visibilty is poor, the respawning thing sucks.
Add the new game mode with the current interface and flight characteristics, and i'm tempted to try it again.

If the battle mode wil disappear in 2.0, so will I.

Swearengen5 #40 Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

"Welcome to the NEW AND IMPROVED WarGaming.  We've now given up on innovation, inventive concepts, and customer retention.  We now design games for impatient children, the simple-minded, and...hey, where did all you guys go???"  

Realize this: Games that are easily mastered have no sense of reward to them, and players quickly lose interest....look at how you dumbed down WoT and how many veterans got disgusted and left. 

I am NOT looking forward to 2.0's release.  Why would you ever dumb a game down when what people really want is some sense of accomplishment by actually being challenged to struggle/learn/progress/master something ???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users