Jump to content


What do you think is killing this game?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

mustangman6579 #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Besides the lack of players, and the bots not being balanced as I've already pointed out in another thread. 

I honestly can't figure out why the hate about this game. Why is the other game so much better? I've played both. The biggest thing i noticed what that, after taking a few years off of both games, this was the easier game to try and get back into. I do enjoy it, but I am also only at t5. 

 

What is keeping this game down? Is it something that can be fixed?

 

For me, the game runs VERY smooth. Graphics are very decent. Maps are a tab bit small, but workable. 

 

The only issues I have, is I find Some bots are too strong, and AA is too strong on certain planes. I watched AA, and it never misses. No matter how fast or how much you move around. That to me is a big deal. 



pyantoryng #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles
  • 6,232
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Bad rap from wayyyyyyyyy back in Beta...WoWP doesn't enjoy the same monopoly WoT did when it was first released as there was a competitor, and WoWP never recovered.

 

Air combat is just more difficult in general having to watch yourself from at least ten directions.

 

...and WG never did introduce the full Grumman line...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:15 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles
  • 2,386
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Lack of content. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 


mustangman6579 #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:19 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 September 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

Lack of content. 

 

What do you think about adding a bomber class?

pyantoryng #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles
  • 6,232
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmustangman6579, on 13 September 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

 

What do you think about adding a bomber class?

 

Doesn't belong in the current game mode...the big change in the first number plan to bring a whole lot of them here though.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles
  • 2,386
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View Postmustangman6579, on 13 September 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

What do you think about adding a bomber class?

 

It's too early to tell. Haven't had the chance to try out 2.0 test server. An open beta is supposedly coming soon which I will check out and see how they will fair against other planes and the new mode. But looking from a distance and the "not so dated" 2.0 videos, i'd say it's a beginners "newby" kind of plane for those who don't want to worry about learning to fly and just stay up high and button mash some keys to bomb them pretty sparkly points. Since the plane literally flies on its own while you do bombing runs. It's a good concept but with a company like Persha (the people who made WOWP) they have a tendency to tunnel vision their way into disappointing results. I think what would be cool is if you run out of respawns you take control of one of the surviving bomber's gun ports/gunners to somewhat help the match if it's just a little chance. That would be fun.


Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 September 2017 - 05:23 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 


Steel_bomber_ #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15772 battles
  • 1,511
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

You have 137 battles?

How can bots be so good? Bots suck mostly, but they have killed this game for me, the thrill of gameplay for human is gone. No end content also sucks. Mario kart consumables is stupid. They killed their game themselves. 


THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

Sojo #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 23160 battles
  • 2,871
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmustangman6579, on 12 September 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

lack of players

 

View Postmustangman6579, on 12 September 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

bots

 

You've answered your own question.  Twice.

 

Just leave now, this game isn't worth worrying about any more. 



gerr22 #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15213 battles
  • 241
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
we all whine yet all are still active players lol

oldiowaguy #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • 1,289
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013
No end game content. Yeah, I got tier X planes! Now what?

                                                                    

 


BrushWolf #11 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • 5,734
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 September 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Bad rap from wayyyyyyyyy back in Beta...WoWP doesn't enjoy the same monopoly WoT did when it was first released as there was a competitor, and WoWP never recovered.

 

Air combat is just more difficult in general having to watch yourself from at least ten directions.

 

...and WG never did introduce the full Grumman line...

 

This, they never leveraged the positives of this game over WT. Everyone that says WT is better are not comparing our game to WT's arcade mode which is the equivalent mode and instead to the sim level realistic and simulator modes. What they really need to do is get more players in each match, eight to ten plus humans on each side with bots filling in the holes would improve the game immeasurably. 

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #12 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6991 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

No endgame content. (since 2013, while warships will get it faster than us)

flights (specially guys who love three-manned flight. At status like this, it will be total disaster. and guys who runs Fw 57 flight and seal-clubbing newbies)
met Superior Opponent. (0.5.3..  or even earlier, when Warplanes are shittier than now.. 'that game' give straight punch and we knocked out. well.. as joke,  they cheated with realistic/simulator modes.. while we brang arcade. )

 

and lacks of contents.

we don't have bombers,  and meteors, or hurricanes,  or french/Italian branches..

we need more tech-tree branches.


Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 13 September 2017 - 01:22 PM.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

 

 


MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34291 battles
  • 7,328
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
The game itself is just suicidal... nothing can be done for it.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


pyantoryng #14 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles
  • 6,232
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 September 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

The game itself is just suicidal... nothing can be done for it.

 

i.e. It's beyond fixing, not even death can fix it at this point.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34291 battles
  • 7,328
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 13 September 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

 

i.e. It's beyond fixing, not even death can fix it at this point.

 

The death of this specific game will come when 2.0 is released and this mode ceases to exist.

 

We will see what happens once 2.0 is released.


I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Vanize #16 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 17264 battles
  • 577
  • Member since:
    05-21-2014

If you ask me, the root cause is the nature of the video game software industry. even moderately successful titles last a couple years at best and then fade away over a couple/few more. the only exceptions are those rock star games that become an instant classic AND are well handled in all the areas of development, marketing, product management, and support. For many/most companies, the effort and required for the exceedingly low chance of a game being a long-term success just isn't worth it if you can make 30% as much money putting out 2 or 3 titles that have a fair chance of being modest successes.

 

and frankly the consumer base (not necessarily us as individual consumers who might want to have loyalty to a certain game, which are a small minority for any given title) is as much to blame for this mindset as the software companies are.


Edited by Vanize, 13 September 2017 - 03:12 PM.


MelBrooks #17 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 30270 battles
  • 1,117
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View PostVanize, on 13 September 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

If you ask me, the root cause is the nature of the video game software industry. even moderately successful titles last a couple years at best and then fade away over a couple/few more. the only exceptions are those rock star games that become an instant classic AND are well handled in all the areas of development, marketing, product management, and support. For many/most companies, the effort and required for the exceedingly low chance of a game being a long-term success just isn't worth it if you can make 30% as much money putting out 2 or 3 titles that have a fair chance of being modest successes.

 

and frankly the consumer base (not necessarily us as individual consumers who might want to have loyalty to a certain game, which are a small minority for any given title) is as much to blame for this mindset as the software companies are.

Completely agree. I took your thoughts and did some research on successful titles. The most successful of all-time was very surprising to me as far as duration, sales, and player base: Madden NFL football and Tetris. ( 1988 and 1984 )


Edited by MelBrooks, 13 September 2017 - 05:30 PM.


outwardpanicjoe #18 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2827 battles
  • 123
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 September 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Bad rap from wayyyyyyyyy back in Beta...WoWP doesn't enjoy the same monopoly WoT did when it was first released as there was a competitor, and WoWP never recovered.

 

Air combat is just more difficult in general having to watch yourself from at least ten directions.

 

...and WG never did introduce the full Grumman line...

 

we need more Grumman :(

Hiryu51 #19 Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 2999 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View PostLt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, on 13 September 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

No endgame content. (since 2013, while warships will get it faster than us)

flights (specially guys who love three-manned flight. At status like this, it will be total disaster. and guys who runs Fw 57 flight and seal-clubbing newbies)
met Superior Opponent. (0.5.3..  or even earlier, when Warplanes are shittier than now.. 'that game' give straight punch and we knocked out. well.. as joke,  they cheated with realistic/simulator modes.. while we brang arcade. )

 

and lacks of contents.

we don't have bombers,  and meteors, or hurricanes,  or french/Italian branches..

we need more tech-tree branches.

 

Agree!

Lethalhavoc #20 Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • 428
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013
Flights.




11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users