News - RU WoWP Developers Q&A - No Italian or French trees being worked on

news

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• 11986 battles

Today is a short one. Despite having a question on update 2.0 bomb animations being weird (which is still being worked on) There is this question posted to the RU WoWP Developers on expanding the tech tree to new nations. We have seen some questions of this from the past. Here is the latest round:

Block Quote

Grenoli # 194     Posted Today, 12 Sep 2017 - 12:21

Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

_forza_j (11 Sep 2017 - 20:23) wrote:
Q. Kind! Will they introduce new nations, the same Italians and Frenchmen?

A. Greetings. At the moment, the introduction of new nations is not a priority of the development team. 

RU WoWP forum source link

So getting money from those possible tree development streams are not in your interest? :facepalm: 

Again, all of this is making me ask, is WoWP development on the whim of just one individual for self gratification or for the good of the WoWP community? Because with that statement it looks one person is deciding development based on their personal satisfaction rather than with what the genre of warplanes is about. But then again, game mechanics improvements is the core life of WoWP, espically with update 2.0. It is possible that is the reason why the non-Russian trees have not been developed. 

What do you guys think of this?

BTW I found new videos on the update 2.0 by a RU WoWP vet, Furious

A new scale of land / WoWp 2.0 / First test 

Nuclear plants cooling towers? Really?? :amazed: So that passes for a 1930's/1940's power plant?

Maneuver battle / WoWp 2.0 First test

So they have markers showing bots vs humans on the enemy teams (white are humans, red as bots) ?

This is too clean and not gritty enough IMO. Where are the Ploesti, Schweinfurt, London, Nanjing (Nanking of old), Tokyo, Antwerp, Hanover, Operation Cobra maps for examples for bombing. And where are the Flak towers or AAA sites? Or is it that we are past those positions? I would like to see more.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 12 September 2017 - 01:31 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

pyantoryng #2 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

Considering that Planes went well into 1950s, Nuclear Plants is a possbility that cannot be ignored...

...and as always, WoWP's development is nonsensical, alas, art studio...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

Captain

• 11986 battles

Update: I would like to see a highway of death scene setup like the Falaise pocket 

or could be like this for air power :trollface:

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Steel_bomber_ #4 Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

We will have to ask Grenoli , but since he does not talk to players we will never know.

What I do know is that bad decisions were taken in the past, and I am sure the story will continue.

Does it matter if they were made by 1 person or more? 

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 12 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

TeamTerrence #5 Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

The more I see of 2.0 leads to a lesser chance of it doing anything other than finishing this game off

Why pay someone to destroy it when its cheaper just to shut the whole thing down ??

pyantoryng #6 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

View PostTeamTerrence, on 12 September 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

The more I see of 2.0 leads to a lesser chance of it doing anything other than finishing this game off

Why pay someone to destroy it when its cheaper just to shut the whole thing down ??

Simply shutting WoWP down probably would be too much embarrassment given that it's officially a part of the trilogy...and that's worth more than any currency...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Steel_bomber_ #7 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 September 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

Simply shutting WoWP down probably would be too much embarrassment given that it's officially a part of the trilogy...and that's worth more than any currency...

The way it looks now is a trilaughy! 
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

pyantoryng #8 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 12 September 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

The way it looks now is a trilaughy! 

Tanks = TD powercreep and the usual arty problems (AKA World of SPG - Tank Destroyers are technically self-propelled guns, the Russian term for it is even equal to AT-SPG)

Ships = Battleships sniping all day (plus they get all the buffs!), fundamentally failed carrier balancing, and constant nerfing of Japanese destroyers...

Planes = Failed since time immemorial...and I guess many of us know it...

trilaughty indeed...

GhostPrime #9 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
As a reminder, just because new trees are not a "priority" at this moment, doesn't mean it will never happen. You never know what the future may bring. We are dedicated to WoWP and do not have any plans to shut it down. There has been a lot of development going on recently, as you all will find out. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Steel_bomber_ #10 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGhostPrime, on 12 September 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

As a reminder, just because new trees are not a "priority" at this moment, doesn't mean it will never happen. You never know what the future may bring. We are dedicated to WoWP and do not have any plans to shut it down. There has been a lot of development going on recently, as you all will find out. 

Ghost, I have seen too much development since I played this game, and it ruined the game (for me, and so many others). How many humans played this game during 1.4, and after that? 

Yes you are dedicated to WOWP, but WoWP is not dedicated to its human players.

Indeed, you never know what the future may bring. 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

clodhoppr #11 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14532 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Everyone remember a very important fact!

There are a lot of bots out there that still play this game...

Edited by clodhoppr, 12 September 2017 - 08:31 PM.

vjs1958 #12 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 12111 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Who cares about Italian and French lines when we're going to get the much forgotten WWII Zeppelin/aircraft dogfights. I just hope they remember to include the Zeppelin launched Kampfflugplatte Sleipnir 1 defense under development near the end of the war.

Edited by vjs1958, 12 September 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Steel_bomber_ #13 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postvjs1958, on 12 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Who cares about Italian and French lines when we're going to get the much forgotten WWII Zeppelin/aircraft dogfights.

WW2,..... Omg......... Great development. 
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #14 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6991 battles

Okaaay..
Some of us spent money to warplanes, Some of russian spent money to warplanes, Some of European and British spent money on warplanes
but WG Kiev waste their money into those ridiculous mode, right?

Italian tree, or French tree,  even Britain's Hurricanes will be fine, Meteors with R&R derwent will be outstanding.

When More branches coming right into game, It makes me happy, dunno bout anyone else, but for me..  more branches rly makes me happy. (Researched every Tier 7 on warplanes. awaiting new branch)

but according to leaks, all We can have when Update 2.0 released

Still no clan wars (Even WOWS Will have em faster than us)

No additional trees (While warships got Royal-Navy's Finest Battlecruisers)

Awfully modified gameplay experience

No more of additional features for helping player's situational awareness.

Are They going to upgrade the game or downgrade it?

I believe Wargaming are going to kick our butts out from their server and let bots rule the warplanes as goddamn terminators does.  right?

Wargaming don't need our money cuz those bots will pay well with bloody bitcoins, right?

Or... hmmm  just Ukraine got invaded by Cyber-man or Dalek or even Borgs and threatened by them to makes bots great again?

Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 12 September 2017 - 08:59 PM.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

vjs1958 #15 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 12111 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Dare I dream that they may include British and US airships too? Forget my longing for a DO-335 give me airship/airship combat.

Steel_bomber_ #16 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postvjs1958, on 12 September 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

Dare I dream that they may include British and US airships too? Forget my longing for a DO-335 give me airship/airship combat.

Airship= WW 1 , so maybe in the lower tiers  there could be airships in the scenery, but not in the video shown a couple of posts back. Although the US navy did use airships against submarines, maybe they will be introduced in wows too? 

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 12 September 2017 - 09:52 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

GhostPrime #17 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Something to keep in mind with these videos is that they are fairly old and may not accurately represent Conquest mode as it will appear. You all will be able to check it out and leave accurate feedback in the very near future.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

mnbv_fockewulfe #18 Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4563 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Rumor has it the 14th.

GP can confirm?:unsure:

I love what you do GP but don't use arbitrary units of measurement when it comes to the common test of 2.0.

Either:

not yet,

this is when ____,

or

Now.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 12 September 2017 - 11:29 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

vjs1958 #19 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 12111 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostGhostPrime, on 12 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Something to keep in mind with these videos is that they are fairly old and may not accurately represent Conquest mode as it will appear. You all will be able to check it out and leave accurate feedback in the very near future.

But they do represent wasted development effort on ridiculous game modes that no one wants. Even if Zeppelins don't make it in resources were wasted trying them out.

TeamTerrence #20 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

So much effort into derailing the game from its former greatness

Makes sooooo much sense :trollface:

Also tagged with news

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users