Jump to content


UPCOMING 2.0 A Looming Tradegy! I Really Hope not!


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

clodhoppr #21 Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14572 battles
  • 353
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 10 September 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

None of those videos makes logical sense. The repeat onslaught of the bombers is a wasted fashion, the map designs on physics (quarry that close to the river? It would be flooded all the time, much less the quarry wall would collapse), and the sound effects are bad. Maybe this is why they wanted no leaked releases. It looks very cheap. However again I got to see this for myself fully and the only ways is an open CT server test. 

 

I agree. Based on what I see in the leaked vids it concerns me this is more of a classic "shoot-em-up" arcade game opposed to what we currently have. None-the-less, I am not going to pass judgment until I try it.

One question that most likely cannot be answered, if this update receives and overwhelmingly negative response will WG trash it, make suggested changes, or ignore us like they usually do?



MARS_REVENANT #22 Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 34638 battles
  • 7,607
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Right now all we have is the current game mode, the same mode we have had since release. It has got to the point where there are only 400 people on per night.  I doubt the would come back to this mode if people complain about 2.0 as thet would just be switching to a previus failure.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Z3M #23 Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3074 battles
  • 58
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I am actually looking forward to a change.  A change to mechanics always makes it interesting.

TeamTerrence #24 Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 73 battles
  • 89
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostZ3M, on 10 September 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

I am actually looking forward to a change.  A change to mechanics always makes it interesting.

 

Careful what you wish for...you may end up getting it :teethhappy:

BrushWolf #25 Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • 5,816
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View Postclodhoppr, on 10 September 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

 

I agree. Based on what I see in the leaked vids it concerns me this is more of a classic "shoot-em-up" arcade game opposed to what we currently have. None-the-less, I am not going to pass judgment until I try it.

One question that most likely cannot be answered, if this update receives and overwhelmingly negative response will WG trash it, make suggested changes, or ignore us like they usually do?

 

My money if I had any would be on ignoring us like they usually do.

 


I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Z3M #26 Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3074 battles
  • 58
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTeamTerrence, on 10 September 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

 

Careful what you wish for...you may end up getting it :teethhappy:

 

Haha.....6 years playing WG games.  There is absolutely nothing that WG can do that would surprise me anymore.  Besides, without a little shake up in game mechanics, the players get static.  

lurpmaster #27 Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2263 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015
:sceptic: Hummm, Not to sure about all this !  it doesn't look good for the game though.

TeamTerrence #28 Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 73 battles
  • 89
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostZ3M, on 10 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

 

Haha.....6 years playing WG games.  There is absolutely nothing that WG can do that would surprise me anymore.  Besides, without a little shake up in game mechanics, the players get static.  

 

I'd be surprised if they listened to their players



Steel_bomber_ #29 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15772 battles
  • 1,516
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

View PostTeamTerrence, on 10 September 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

 

I'd be surprised if they listened to their players

 

I would be surprised if they listened to 1 player!

All my money is on ignoring us.

WG has never been interactive with it's players, ever. The only "feedback" we get is from moderators.

It is like sojo said: they need to make money, they don't care about skilled players. 


THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

clodhoppr #30 Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14572 battles
  • 353
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 10 September 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Right now all we have is the current game mode, the same mode we have had since release. It has got to the point where there are only 400 people on per night.  I doubt the would come back to this mode if people complain about 2.0 as thet would just be switching to a previus failure.

 

Yeah, I get it. And I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, time will tell. I am willing to give 2.0 a try and give the developers constructive feedback.

But for the sake of argument, let's wheel back to when 1.5 came out and there was a lot of constructive criticism and little was done. For goodness sake a few simple changes could make a significant impact on player satisfaction without a big, dum World of Wargaming change to 2.0, But, here we are, again..hallelujah!



TeamTerrence #31 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 73 battles
  • 89
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 10 September 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

 

I would be surprised if they listened to 1 player!

All my money is on ignoring us.

WG has never been interactive with it's players, ever. The only "feedback" we get is from moderators.

It is like sojo said: they need to make money, they don't care about skilled players. 

 

Yup...

 

We keep trying to help them make money but they won't hand us the game version we were mostly satisfied with (echos of 1.4 remain with the promise of clan wars)

 

Just seems easier to make money off of nearly 3,000 players versus our current path that estimates about 400 on a regular night.

 

These days I could get yelled at for sending a WG X-mas gift (forever noted that Dracs prefer coal) 

 

Still...will give 2.0 a try of course and see how that goes :sceptic:

 

 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #32 Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20848 battles
  • 1,930
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postclodhoppr, on 10 September 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

 

I agree. Based on what I see in the leaked vids it concerns me this is more of a classic "shoot-em-up" arcade game opposed to what we currently have. None-the-less, I am not going to pass judgment until I try it.

One question that most likely cannot be answered, if this update receives and overwhelmingly negative response will WG trash it, make suggested changes, or ignore us like they usually do?

 

kind of reminds me of picking apples... maybe in Russia apple picking is exciting,

I guess everything is perspective and frame of mind to simpletons


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


tahee59 #33 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8032 battles
  • 1,763
  • [VULCN] VULCN
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012
I'll be happy to show you guys how to play ark ......well all but one of you anyway.

LBAEZ #34 Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 16185 battles
  • 314
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
like I said before if they don't give the players the option not to play in conquest mode then the game is dead in my eyes and will stop playing umtil they get rid of the damn respawn B.S good post hope more people will show wowp there fustrations

LBAEZ #35 Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 16185 battles
  • 314
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
like I said before if they don't give the players the option not to play in conquest mode then the game is dead in my eyes and will stop playing umtil they get rid of the damn respawn B.S good post hope more people will show wowp there frustrations. I agree with sojo  on most of what he wrote. its just too retarded of what wowp is doing with this 2.0 update and they will keep losing players

pyantoryng #36 Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles
  • 6,435
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Will new players give 2.0 a chance? That's the real question. Will the change on the first number be enough to heal the long festering wound that is the bad rep?

 

...which I doubt, but who knows...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #37 Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 34638 battles
  • 7,607
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 September 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Will new players give 2.0 a chance? That's the real question. Will the change on the first number be enough to heal the long festering wound that is the bad rep?

 

...which I doubt, but who knows...

 

That is the only real question.  2.0 will survive or fail based on new players.  Existing game has failed and there are only 400 players online per night remaining.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Jaguardian #38 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 20071 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I am not sure what I think about Warthunder 2.0, but I will wait and see.  Watching the original videos left me thinking that nothing good would come of it, but if it comes down to being able to fly my plane and shoot down other planes it may be still playable in the short term.  Just because they are introducing a new game mode though, does not mean that this new mode won't become stale and boring like the current mode has become.  I can see a population surge happening at first release but, just like before, if they don't also introduce something to keep peoples attention, they will leave again.

TeamTerrence #39 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 73 battles
  • 89
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

There are issues with the game that 2.0 will not cover.

 

There will still be players loitering in tier 1 for the sole purpose of a pointless win/rate.

 

- New players will remain disgusted if they cannot learn anything other than assisting someone in boosting their stats

 

Bots are disgusting creatures, they have driven off countless players new and old alike.

 

 

Applying a new look with these existing issues alone is pretty much applying polish to a lump of pooh, its still pooh

 

 



MARS_REVENANT #40 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 34638 battles
  • 7,607
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTeamTerrence, on 13 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

There are issues with the game that 2.0 will not cover.

 

There will still be players loitering in tier 1 for the sole purpose of a pointless win/rate.

 

- New players will remain disgusted if they cannot learn anything other than assisting someone in boosting their stats

 

Bots are disgusting creatures, they have driven off countless players new and old alike.

 

 

Applying a new look with these existing issues alone is pretty much applying polish to a lump of pooh, its still pooh

 

 

 

But you are one of the people that hasn't progressed past Tier 1 and 2...

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users