UPCOMING 2.0 A Looming Tradegy! I Really Hope not!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #1 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 22601 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Hello All,

First and foremost, I appreciated “mnbv_fockewulfe” From 2NIC Clan - who recently posted “Unlisted Videos of the Old 2.0 Tests” as you see below –

Basically it set me off on a tirade, enough to create my own post –

The first things that caught my attention in part;

No Lead Indicator, No radar, Straight forward like a horse with blinders - So much for 360 Situational Awareness! No additional Camera Window, so no view of locked enemy target - so they have also decided to dismiss "Angle of Attack (AOA) prediction - Wow.... what a mess~ 

Remember the Famous books - DOS FOR DUMMIES - etc? Let me get back to this a bit later –

Moving on,

We all have our own opinions of why World of Warplanes has evolved into the failure it has become, but if I may, out of the many I always adhered to the fact that Combat flight Sims takes a degree of mental faculties working in concert, accumulated to achieve a positive outcome. In laymen terms; a good player/flier has to be an avid mulitasker, have a keen sense of situational awareness, and a large degree of common sense. The great/good players stand out because they are able to perform these tasks effectively, accurately, and in unison.

Out of the many reasons, I believe World of Warplanes was too difficult for the majority of players to play effectively, confidently, thus achieving a winner’s edge. In simple terms, the game was too difficult; they became discouraged and lost most of their games that they played, or did not live long enough to make a difference. The blame game ensued; and it was everyone’s fault but their own, etc; and they ended up quitting.

To the point –

With this 2.0, as we have seen by the videos and by my prior comment (post #2) – Wargaming will destroy the remnants of a Combat Flight sim that has deteriorated and eroded since the inception of WOWP. Wargaming with 2.0 will turn WOWP into a mindless Arcade shooter; please drop your proverbial quarter in the game machine and seek to achieve a high score like a giddy donkey Kong champion!

By removing the radar, Camera Window etc, these elements remove the tools in which a smarter player will utilize to turn the advantage on the ignorant, and or; the tunnel vision player who is incapable of applying the multiple faculties and skills, i.e. multitasking, situational awareness, and common sense whilst achieving that winning edge.

Again, 2.0 will force good players to play a dumb player’s game. Without the 80m Radar, High, low, far away, close perspective it offers, that the radar allows a good player to conduct on the fly strategies etc. A good player will have the equal opportunity as a bad player to turn and shot an enemy aircraft in direct front view of your screen - again we all will be horses with blinders attached.

Lastly, before I left World of Tanks, I was there day 1, and after 30,000 games plus - I haven’t played it in over two years now - Why, the symbolism is all too real –

WOT used to be difficult, it was too hard for bad players, Wargaming crippled tank Destroyers, maps were designed to funnel players into a close quarter brawl, etc.

In short, Good players are the minority, bad players are the majority – BUT, bad players money spends equally well to good player’s money. Wargaming gaming will always appease the bad players, they make more money bigger profit.  World of Warplanes is no different, find ways to cripple good players to achieve monetary profits from the abysmal player model.

Hence – WOWP for Dummies 2.0

I mean I am having a hard time not watching these videos over and over like a train wreck how rudimentary can you be a chimpanzee can achieve a 50% win rate with How 2.0 has been developed.  I mean you turn your aircraft and shoot someone down and you get that arcade ding noise like you would in any coin operated game machine.  So many things have gone wrong with this game where do you start; we went from three man flights to two-man flights because bad players complained that they didn't have a chance.

But least they forget all of us were new players all of us started at tier one good players are exactly that good players it's called self initiative if you're playing poorly you Google tutorials on how to get better you go to Wowp planes wiki read how to get better you go to the forums and read strategy guides by better players.  Business is what it is wargaming it's not concerned with historical accuracy they are not concerned evolving a game that requires intelligence they only require large profits, so if that means making a game rudimentary and designed for a simpleton and achieves profit that's the strategy of a business to make money. 

Sorry all for that large paragraph most likely spelling errors in punctuation I'm on my iPhone utilizing that speak and spell program whatever you call it plus I'm at work I don't have time to type all this, just easier to speak and rant with a limited amount of time I have at work.

Thanks all TGIF have a great weekend for you on the south east coast United States my prayers are with you and your family stays safe!

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 09 September 2017 - 02:10 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

pyantoryng #2 Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles
A new beginning...or a one-way ticket to abyss...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BuffaloTime #3 Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20404 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
If they give us the choice of standard battle or conquest mode, I will just choose standard. 

BrushWolf #4 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 09 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Hello All,

First and foremost, I appreciated “mnbv_fockewulfe” From 2NIC Clan - who recently posted “Unlisted Videos of the Old 2.0 Tests” as you see below –

Basically it set me off on a tirade, enough to create my own post –

The first things that caught my attention in part;

No Lead Indicator, No radar, Straight forward like a horse with blinders - So much for 360 Situational Awareness! No additional Camera Window, so no view of locked enemy target - so they have also decided to dismiss "Angle of Attack (AOA) prediction - Wow.... what a mess~

No lead indicator may actually be a good thing as having it allows shots that no real pilot would take because they would be wasting ammo. This brings combat ranges down to more realistic distances. Watch the two videos, in the first the player is closing to point blank which basically vaporizes the target while in the second one the player was shooting at much longer ranges and was hitting much less. Yes the XF4 is rather wimpy in the firepower department compared to the I-17 but the range is the biggest factor in getting hits and kills. Just because a weapon as range X doesn't mean it can reliably hit at that range.

What strikes me the most is the lack of an artificial horizon/angle of attack indicator. Is it suddenly 1915?

Respawning may just appeal to the WT crowd as this is obviously built on our much better arcade engine instead of the overly complicated for arcade WT simulation engine.

View Postpyantoryng, on 09 September 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

A new beginning...or a one-way ticket to abyss...

It is hard to say but I still fear that this will be WoWP's NGE which is the abyss but all we can do is wait and see.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostBuffaloTime, on 09 September 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

If they give us the choice of standard battle or conquest mode, I will just choose standard. 

Conquest mode will be completely replacing the current game mode.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

mullyman #6 Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 27793 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 09 September 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Conquest mode will be completely replacing the current game mode.

Then they ARE as stupid as we assumed...
mullyman.png

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postmullyman, on 09 September 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Then they ARE as stupid as we assumed...

Having both game modes available with only 400 people on would kill both of them.  Even RU server would suffer with a split population.

Having conquest mode as the only available option is the only option.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 09 September 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Having both game modes available with only 400 people on would kill both of them.  Even RU server would suffer with a split population.

Can't go the Ships or Tanks' way either because these two modes are *fundamentally* different. The game appears to be changed to its very core.

....and bombers can't exist in the standard battle framework...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TeamTerrence #9 Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 09 September 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Then its settled...scrap both of them and roll back to version 1.4 

BrushWolf #10 Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostTeamTerrence, on 09 September 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Then its settled...scrap both of them and roll back to version 1.4 

Unfortunately their claim when 1.5 came out was they couldn't roll back. It appears they were stupid and didn't save a backup in case there were game breaking issues with the patch which there were.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #11 Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 22601 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

2.0 New Player's awaiting for release!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

MelBrooks #12 Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30270 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
WT arcade mode for planes is abysmal. Not my words, but the words of many over there. Armor is much better in arcade mode. I think SOJO is correct in his line of thinking unfortunately about the mentality in WoWP and gaming in general. For me, it just means a change in direction towards other game formats and games that reward precision, skill, and aptitude versus the short attention span style. I always had a preference for chess versus checkers. 

Lethalhavoc #13 Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The radar mod gave players a big advantage over players who didn't use it.

So, i guess they just fixed that.

The lead indicator is no big loss for experienced players, but it'll really hurt the new(er) players (but of course there aren't many of those around).

mullyman #14 Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 27793 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Well based on how mentally challenged 80% of the current humans are in the current version I guess they have to make it even more idiot friendly..
mullyman.png

pyantoryng #15 Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:18 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 09 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Unfortunately their claim when 1.5 came out was they couldn't roll back. It appears they were stupid and didn't save a backup in case there were game breaking issues with the patch which there were.

This time they will delete all traces of 1.9 too it seems...

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #16 Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20758 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBrushWolf, on 09 September 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

can you imagine if someone just could pick up a full client side copy with drivers and go with that in a new direction... we are not so far advanced that this could not be a potential of a very good game... jus'a think

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

TeamTerrence #17 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostBrushWolf, on 09 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

I feel that their claim was to hinder the demand to go backwards instead of forward

The Na community was weak versus the Ru and Eu influence even when we at nearly 3,000 online ....they simply bowed to the greater demand

Material is constantly being replaced which means they could replace bad ideas with something that resembles the older game play yet they continue to avoid that as much as possible

They can...but they won;t and for what??

3,000 versus 500 online?? yup... i'll take on a Russian in a math contest on any given moment

BrushWolf #18 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostTeamTerrence, on 09 September 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

I feel that their claim was to hinder the demand to go backwards instead of forward

The Na community was weak versus the Ru and Eu influence even when we at nearly 3,000 online ....they simply bowed to the greater demand

Material is constantly being replaced which means they could replace bad ideas with something that resembles the older game play yet they continue to avoid that as much as possible

They can...but they won;t and for what??

3,000 versus 500 online?? yup... i'll take on a Russian in a math contest on any given moment

The RU was just as strident in asking, hell they were demanding, a rollback. There is an art to when to listen and when not to listen to the player base but Persha has shown that they do not have the ability to do that.

Russian Proverb

Bear_82 #19 Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 22672 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 September 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

can you imagine if someone just could pick up a full client side copy with drivers and go with that in a new direction... we are not so far advanced that this could not be a potential of a very good game... jus'a think

I've got the 1.4.1 client, who's got the skills?

FlakValleyExpress #20 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Captain

• 11981 battles
None of those videos makes logical sense. The repeat onslaught of the bombers is a wasted fashion, the map designs on physics (quarry that close to the river? It would be flooded all the time, much less the quarry wall would collapse), and the sound effects are bad. Maybe this is why they wanted no leaked releases. It looks very cheap. However again I got to see this for myself fully and the only ways is an open CT server test. 

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users