This is why people never come back -unbalanced bots-

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

SoldatKreg #41 Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4875 battles
  • [AMISH] AMISH

I cannot believe that anyone who plays this game on a regular basis questions whether or not most games are lopsided.  MOST GAMES ARE LOPSIDED!!!!!

The outcome of a game is often determined by whether your teams bot's are useless, or if they are OP.  Simple as that.

Lately, I've had games where I was the lone human on my team.  The worst was Saturday where I was the only human, flying a GA, and the other team had two humans, both in fighters, and they were in a Flight.  Now what chance do I have with that.  I was so angry at this MM that I submitted a ticket.  I received this in response:

"Thank you for contacting support regarding this issue.

World of Warplanes doesn't provide an exactly even balance of teams, but instead puts players in relatively even situations that may as well have occurred on actual World War II battlefields (excluding the fact of mixing aircraft of different nations in one team). Tactics used in air combat and recreated by players in the game often give an advantage even to weaker teams. We strongly encourage our players to learn these aspects of flying.

Everyone in the office, without exception, plays the game, and enjoys playing the game. We occasionally encounter frustrating matchups of our own. If there were a systematic problem, we would be the first to jump on the developers for a rapid fix or improvement, this is something that is adjusted gradually with the introduction of new aircraft.

We hope that despite any negative experiences you have had, you continue to enjoy the game for all its positive aspects."

In other words, it's my fault for not learning the "aspects of flying"  Now I find that pretty sad.

Shame on your tech support people for this.

Edited by SoldatKreg, 11 September 2017 - 02:36 PM.

xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx #42 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 14660 battles
Ya,then you look at the win rates of the two that flighted up and you realize that at 70%+ each it was over before it started as stated.Or the flight where one plane shoots down 9 out of 10 with 92% of his health points left or shoots down 6 in a matter of seconds with a 63% accuracy rate after the flight.There are a lot of "magically" good planes in this game.The flighted up hackers aren't even from the same clan in a lot of flights anymore.A plane,attack aircraft none the less,that can single pass kill 10 in a row for a 10 on 1 comeback win lol.This game has it all and none of it seems to be explained away as fair or ethical play! Their are literally planes that track,engage and dispatch a plane faster than you can pop a balloon with a pin.I was in a flight where a "magical" plane shot down 12 faster than i could get to and drop 8 bombs on GT's.Gotta shake your head at  grown ups sometimes! 

Edited by xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, 11 September 2017 - 01:26 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #43 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Don't think you guys understand what it was like with all 15 humans per side, three tier spread, and flights of 3.  Not saying we're in a panacea, but you have a choice whether to keep moaning, learn from your errors, or move on.  Flights have always been a key to higher win rates, especially with two highly skilled players.  But it's not against any rules or code of honour.  Feel free to ridicule though...that's acceptable when justified.:playing:

SoldatKreg #44 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4875 battles
  • [AMISH] AMISH

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 11 September 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Don't think you guys understand what it was like with all 15 humans per side, three tier spread, and flights of 3.  Not saying we're in a panacea, but you have a choice whether to keep moaning, learn from your errors, or move on.  Flights have always been a key to higher win rates, especially with two highly skilled players.  But it's not against any rules or code of honour.  Feel free to ridicule though...that's acceptable when justified.:playing:

I get it.  But this has nothing to do with the past, only with our current situation.  I' not saying I don't want the bots cause I acknowledge that without bots we have no game.  All I'm saying is that there's a problem and it would be nice if WG worked on addressing it, instead of the response I got.  Nobody says people can't Flight, and my post wasn't a ridicule, rather it's frustration at a response from Tech Support to a problem with the current MM.

mustangman6579 #45 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

What n the F!?

So, i got swarmed by the bots in this one match. Being in a heavy fighter, there was no outflying them. They eventually all caught up to me and killed me. 

But then i went to the last plane in the sky. It was a player. He was up high, and was doing weird flying. Just randomly moving his plane. I was like, "what is he doing?" He finally dove down into the enemy bot planes. i figured he would just get swarmed and killed as well. NOPE. It was like after they killed me, they all went retarded. Only one plane tried to fight back, and he killed them all. 

Is this what you have to do, just wait then kill them?

comealong1 #46 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 55590 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_
What a joke..lopsided....When humans are all dead & my team has a 3 bot advantage besides the ga and I loss...LOPSIDED!...This has happened to me several times now.....No other word for it but Lopside & unfair.

mullyman #47 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 27813 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmustangman6579, on 13 September 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

What n the F!?

So, i got swarmed by the bots in this one match. Being in a heavy fighter, there was no outflying them. They eventually all caught up to me and killed me. 

But then i went to the last plane in the sky. It was a player. He was up high, and was doing weird flying. Just randomly moving his plane. I was like, "what is he doing?" He finally dove down into the enemy bot planes. i figured he would just get swarmed and killed as well. NOPE. It was like after they killed me, they all went retarded. Only one plane tried to fight back, and he killed them all. 

Is this what you have to do, just wait then kill them?

​So what you are saying is...

1) he played smart......

2) used his altitude and his plane's strengths to his advantage

3) used the ineptitude of the bots against them by having them stall out trying to get up to him

So......did you learn anything from this??

mullyman.png

mustangman6579 #48 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

View Postmullyman, on 13 September 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

1) he played smart......

3) used the ineptitude of the bots against them by having them stall out trying to get up to him

No, it didn't go like that at all. The bots just ignored him. 

Bobby_Tables #49 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 24126 battles

View Postmustangman6579, on 14 September 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

No, it didn't go like that at all. The bots just ignored him. 

Nope, you were not paying attention to what this player did vs. what you did.  The player who lived did what Mullyman said.  The bots did not ignore him, they just couldn't get to him.  

[Edit] I know, I know, that's not how it happened, it was all magical and the bots are flawed.  To think otherwise might shatter one's ego.  But that's what we are here for on this forum:  To shatter your ego and get you to think.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 14 September 2017 - 12:47 PM.

comealong1 #50 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 55590 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_
I am so tired of killing the humans to loss to the bots....Too many times the humans are dead & advantage is mine to be lost by bots...GET REAL.

GouIdy #51 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postcomealong1, on 14 September 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

I am so tired of killing the humans to loss to the bots....Too many times the humans are dead & advantage is mine to be lost by bots...GET REAL.

Well the rest of us are tired of your posts & bellyaching about OP bots when that is not the case. If you want to win games then survive & win the game, don't rely on bots to do it for you.

StoptheViolins #52 Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 152 battles
When I stopped playing it wasn't due to bots - I just got distracted by some other game and haven't felt the urge to come back.  Yes, sadly I've stocked up on a few limited planes without ever flying them... sigh.

comealong1 #53 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 55590 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

View PostGouIdy, on 14 September 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Well the rest of us are tired of your posts & bellyaching about OP bots when that is not the case. If you want to win games then survive & win the game, don't rely on bots to do it for you.

​NO IAM NOT!....NOBODY SURVIVES ALL THE TIME....5 bots against 2 bots should carry you fool...You don't understand...Neither does WG apparently...I don't even consider the times I get killed & numbers are reversed...Those I should lose.....When my bots have a 3 or 4 bot advantage it should carry(humans dead). 

again get real

When players don't expect a 5 to 2 advantage to win(humans dead)....THAT IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T COME BACK...people expect a fair battle or why bother?....Should b e skills that win the battle not bots & ai....That is for movies.

Edited by comealong1, 15 September 2017 - 01:57 PM.

SoldatKreg #54 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4875 battles
  • [AMISH] AMISH

View Postmullyman, on 13 September 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

1) he played smart......

So you're saying that we're supposed to go off in a corner, wait till our teammates all get killed off and the AI changes in the bots, then sweep in and clean up for ourselves.  How totally selfish.  Shame on you for even suggesting this.  We play this game because we still enjoy it and hope desperately that it improves.  We understand that without the bots there is no game.  Yes, we get that.  We are only asking that this be acknowledged, and that someone offers to look into this and to promise (even if it's a lie) to make it better.  We've all invested our money and time in this game and only want it to be better.

GouIdy #55 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postcomealong1, on 15 September 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

​NO IAM NOT!....NOBODY SURVIVES ALL THE TIME....5 bots against 2 bots should carry you fool...You don't understand...Neither does WG apparently...I don't even consider the times I get killed & numbers are reversed...Those I should lose.....When my bots have a 3 or 4 bot advantage it should carry(humans dead). 

again get real

When players don't expect a 5 to 2 advantage to win(humans dead)....THAT IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T COME BACK...people expect a fair battle or why bother?....Should b e skills that win the battle not bots & ai....That is for movies.

Sounds like you are the one who just doesn't get it. Maybe you will enjoy the new game more with re-spawns because you have trouble surviving. Even people like you that don't have a clue what they are doing can tool around shoot some stuff up oblivious to what's happening around you while your bots win the game for you.

dityboycom #56 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

Colonel

• 10240 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postcomealong1, on 15 September 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

again get real

Why would they?

Humans don't always carry in that situation either. I've been in hundreds of battles where it has been myself against 4 or 5 humans and I won the game. Why would bots be any different? RNG is not consistent, and just because the same outcome happens 100x in a row doesn't mean it's not still RNG.

_Laserguided_ #57 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4277 battles

Total comedy... Even now with the game mostly populated with bots people are still crying the game it's not fair.  I said this would happened. 

Dear Wargaming.

Heavy fighters keep running away from my light fighter, please balance. 

Thanks,

ParticipationTrophyJimmy

PS. Oh, and please make the bullets go all over the place since I don't aim anyways. 

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Starchitin #58 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 3151 battles

If you're flying AA, you need to take advantage of the fact that the bots will completely ignore you until the only planes left on your team are AA. When there's only one or two humans on your team (including yourself), take out a ground target or two, then get into the fight once you can see where most of the other team is.

At lower tiers this isn't so bad because most battles happen low enough that you can engage fighters and even heavies without much problem, but at higher tiers they tend to happen so high up that there's no way you can get to them.

Try to stay away from planes that only have autocannons unless you're really good at aiming them. Most of the time you'll just end up overheating your guns without any hits unless you're lucky enough to get right on top of the other plane, though other AA tend to fly straight enough to hit easily even close to max range.

TeamTerrence #59 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View Postcomealong1, on 15 September 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

again get real

If the game is too difficult for you then stay in the low tiers.

MARS_REVENANT #60 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostTeamTerrence, on 15 September 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

If the game is too difficult for you then stay in the low tiers.

But you have stayed in low tiers...

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users