This is why people never come back -unbalanced bots-

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #21 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 08 September 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

It isn't that the bots are unbalanced but once the first bot goes down it is like a house of cards collapsing. Add in the random crashing they can turn won matches into ugly losses.

That moment when healthy HF bot crashes leaving only my wounded Mustang (with standard ammo!) to take out 2 Ilyushins...:sceptic:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GhostPrime #22 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postmustangman6579, on 07 September 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

So as the day dragged on, away from prime time. I had noticed a lot more bots in my game. Till the point where it was only about 2-4 players on each team. 

Ok, that's fine. I know how that goes. 

But as soon as this started, I had 10 losses in a row, BECAUSE MY BOT PLAYERS WERE OVERMATCHED. 10 losses in a row. 9 out of 10 times I was the last, or second to last alive. so that means, out of the 10 losses, 9 were 100% because the bots on my team couldn't hold their own. 

I had to quit playing. Matches were barely lasting 4 minutes and all were completely lopsided. Meaning we were lucky to have downed 2 planes. 

If you are gonna fill the games up with bots, then maybe, just maybe, they should be balanced? 

Hello! 

WHat tier were you playing? Bots should not be lopsided on one side, they are designed to be even. However, bots do some very predictable maneuvers if you know what to look for. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

BuffaloTime #23 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20424 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostYagos2k16, on 08 September 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Don't count on bots carrying a game for you, They suck. all of them

Beppo and Gleb are the bomb. The rest of them - meh. :unsure:

Flying GA is usually dependent on team. Sometimes your robot overlords win, just dont count on it.

Edited by BuffaloTime, 08 September 2017 - 06:34 PM.

TeamTerrence #24 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

Bot programming is rather interesting .........

I find more trust in my bots over some of the players the MM selects at times

You will not see a bot fighter, multirole, or heavy running off solo to hit gts and crash

You will see bots in certain moments for no apparent reason crash but players do that too

Bots will refuse to clear your tail just as much as a player can....

Bots and certain players will all chase the same squirrel leaving you to fight what they left behind.... 

In the end though bad players are coming from watching what dumb bots do......rush the center...refuse to advantage the team's AA fire, and will attack the wrong enemy aircraft while refusing to aid you

There are very few good players left in this game and that number will continue to drop if they cannot get a decent team players and bots alike

One other thing to note....in the player era it was ok to allow that one player to run off and die alone...the bots follow the worst player and that player can doom the entire team

GiN_nTonic #25 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• 19668 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMelBrooks, on 08 September 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Re-spawning and unlimited ordinance with re-load times will end it for me. This game appealed to me because of the " one and done " on lives during a match. Most people I know will retire their flight suits, if they have not already, once this gets here. Nothing personal, that type of gaming just does not appeal to me.

Yeah, I tend to agree if the respawn is like a typical mindless game where you just go over and over that will blow it for me too. 

As you probably know, WT has it so you pick a few plans and each time you lose a plane you have to pick from the pre-selected group, but then you do run out of planes at some point.  If its like WT (and I have no idea what 2.0 is going to be like in that respect)  and you have limited options with planes available and # of planes for a particular game, I think that might be kinda nice for our population being the way it is.

Games that might take a little longer to get into but then once you are in with more humans and lasting longer - that i would prefer personally.

Edited by GiN_nTonic, 08 September 2017 - 07:58 PM.

GiN_nTonic #26 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• 19668 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 September 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hello! 

WHat tier were you playing? Bots should not be lopsided on one side, they are designed to be even. However, bots do some very predictable maneuvers if you know what to look for. 

Ghost - i can tell you for a certainty many games are lopsided.  That said, if it wasn't for that aspect good players probably would be bored out of their mind since its the only aspect that provide some competitive play which can be a challenge.  3 bots vs 1 good human isn't a challenge.  8+ bots vs human is a challenge sometimes.

Steel_bomber_ #27 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

In a GA it is hard to get a good win rate, when flying solo even in tiers below 4.

A decent player should get at least a win rate of +60% in the lower tiers, you just need more practice and/or ask for advice.

Don't blame your losses purely on the bots. 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

TeamTerrence #28 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 08 September 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Ghost - i can tell you for a certainty many games are lopsided.  That said, if it wasn't for that aspect good players probably would be bored out of their mind since its the only aspect that provide some competitive play which can be a challenge.  3 bots vs 1 good human isn't a challenge.  8+ bots vs human is a challenge sometimes.

yup, and customer service told me that they want it this way

According to them, no battle in our history was balanced so I guess we don't read history very well

So back in the day they used mario kart consumables and one player always ran off on their own and took the privates with them while ignoring the commander's plea to come back and help

mustangman6579 #29 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 September 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hello! 

I was playing my t5 prems. My IL-2 (mod) to be exact for 9 of those 10 games. I needed money and found it makes more vs my fighters. I don't remember how many players were in each, but I do remember for at least a couple of them, it was no player fighters. Just attack planes(I remember shooting down a couple players in attack planes). 

mustangman6579 #30 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 08 September 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Replay files for WoWP are saved to My Documents/Video assuming you have it turned on...for some reason it cannot be changed outside of changing My Documents directory itself.

...and at low tier bots are so weak that they tend to get to get mowed by half-decent player...It falls to you to mow them before they mow you down. It's a different story in mid and high tiers however...

So I can't even find the video folder. Seems I do not have it. 
Anywhere else it may be? (Windows 10)

Steel_bomber_ #31 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmustangman6579, on 08 September 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

So I can't even find the video folder. Seems I do not have it. 
Anywhere else it may be? (Windows 10)

Check your in game settings, I believe there is a tick mark to record games. 
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

mustangman6579 #32 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 08 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Check your in game settings, I believe there is a tick mark to record games. 

Ok, so I made a folder, and now have 5 back to back losses, and finally a win(barely). Where do I stick them?

TeamTerrence #33 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 71 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
:hiding:

Edited by TeamTerrence, 09 September 2017 - 02:26 AM.

GouIdy #34 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmustangman6579, on 08 September 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Ok, so I made a folder, and now have 5 back to back losses, and finally a win(barely). Where do I stick them?

Upload them to http://www.tinyupload.com/ then post the link in this thread.

Edited by GouIdy, 09 September 2017 - 12:45 AM.

mustangman6579 #35 Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:07 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 08 September 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Upload them to http://www.tinyupload.com/  then post the link in this thread.

link doesn't work

GouIdy #36 Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmustangman6579, on 08 September 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

link doesn't work

Ok it's working now

Azis_ #37 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12404 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hello! 

With all due respect Bullchit!
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Psicko23 #38 Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19614 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hello! 

you should be a comedian with that quote. Many games I have to at least pull 5 kills if not more to win(and sometimes that doesn't guarantee it). Conversely I have some games where I get one or two kills max and the enemy team doesn't get a kill until 1 or two get killed by the tail gunner of the ga's and another few decide to randomly crash while going after the ga. The last game I played today I got 4 kills then realize all the other humans and bots on my team didn't get a kill. Luckily I can seem to pull some unexpected wins out, but a noob can't. The worst way to lose is when the sole human on the other side is hitting ground targets in their j7, but their bots carry them for the win where 6-7 of their bots have kills, and only one of my bots has a single kill or they have no kills at all and I have a few. 

I know you guys don't do a semi balanced mm as most games are stacked with all the people with higher hyrunomod ratings and the other team has all the lower ratings. I'm not saying I always get the worst team, because I don't. But it is disheartening when you see the highest rated person on the other team a 3.2 and mostly 1's and 2's, while on the other team you have several 5's and 4's and the lowest might be a 3.something. I'm talking about real ratings, not reroll accounts. 

Edited by Psicko23, 09 September 2017 - 10:25 PM.

mullyman #39 Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 27813 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPsicko23, on 09 September 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

you should be a comedian with that quote. Many games I have to at least pull 5 kills if not more to win(and sometimes that doesn't guarantee it). Conversely I have some games where I get one or two kills max and the enemy team doesn't get a kill until 1 or two get killed by the tail gunner of the ga's and another few decide to randomly crash while going after the ga. The last game I played today I got 4 kills then realize all the other humans and bots on my team didn't get a kill. Luckily I can seem to pull some unexpected wins out, but a noob can't. The worst way to lose is when the sole human on the other side is hitting ground targets in their j7, but their bots carry them for the win where 6-7 of their bots have kills, and only one of my bots has a single kill or they have no kills at all and I have a few. 

I know you guys don't do a semi balanced mm as most games are stacked with all the people with higher hyrunomod ratings and the other team has all the lower ratings. I'm not saying I always get the worst team, because I don't. But it is disheartening when you see the highest rated person on the other team a 3.2 and mostly 1's and 2's, while on the other team you have several 5's and 4's and the lowest might be a 3.something. I'm talking about real ratings, not reroll accounts. 

"The worst way to lose is when the sole human on the other side is hitting ground targets in their j7, but their bots carry them for the win where 6-7 of their bots have kills, and only one of my bots has a single kill or they have no kills at all and I have a few. The worst way to lose is when the sole human on the other side is hitting ground targets in their j7, but their bots carry them for the win where 6-7 of their bots have kills, and only one of my bots has a single kill or they have no kills at all and I have a few. "

I see this [edited]way too often to be random

mullyman.png

lurpmaster #40 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2180 battles
:D I actually had a bot call me Hax today first time ever lol I even clicked the name to make sure it wasn't a human player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users