This is why people never come back -unbalanced bots-

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

mustangman6579 #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

So as the day dragged on, away from prime time. I had noticed a lot more bots in my game. Till the point where it was only about 2-4 players on each team. 

Ok, that's fine. I know how that goes. 

But as soon as this started, I had 10 losses in a row, BECAUSE MY BOT PLAYERS WERE OVERMATCHED. 10 losses in a row. 9 out of 10 times I was the last, or second to last alive. so that means, out of the 10 losses, 9 were 100% because the bots on my team couldn't hold their own. 

I had to quit playing. Matches were barely lasting 4 minutes and all were completely lopsided. Meaning we were lucky to have downed 2 planes. 

If you are gonna fill the games up with bots, then maybe, just maybe, they should be balanced? 

Edited by mustangman6579, 08 September 2017 - 04:59 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:09 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postmustangman6579, on 07 September 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

So as the day dragged on, away from prime time. I had noticed a lot more bots in my game. Till the point where it was only about 2-4 players on each team. 

Ok, that's fine. I know how that goes. 

But as soon as this started, I had 10 losses in a row, BECAUSE MY BOT PLAYERS WERE OVERMATCHED. 10 losses in a row. 9 out of 10 times I was the last, or second to last alive. so that means, out of the 10 losses, 9 were 100% because the bots on my team couldn't hold their own. 

I had to quit playing. Matches were barely lasting 4 minutes and all were completely lopsided. Meaning we were lucky to have downed 2 planes. 

If you are gonna fill the games up with bots, then maybe, just maybe, they should be balanced? 

A landslide happens to everyone, but I have never seen it happen 10 games in a row...  Post replay files.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Reply deleted due to incorporating several vicious attacks, faux pas, and general crudity.  It was funny, but not appropriate.  

Carry On! 

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 08 September 2017 - 06:33 AM.

mustangman6579 #4 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
I can't find the folder. maybe I don't even have them checked on?

pyantoryng #5 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View Postmustangman6579, on 08 September 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

I can't find the folder. maybe I don't even have them checked on?

Replay files for WoWP are saved to My Documents/Video assuming you have it turned on...for some reason it cannot be changed outside of changing My Documents directory itself.

...and at low tier bots are so weak that they tend to get to get mowed by half-decent player...It falls to you to mow them before they mow you down. It's a different story in mid and high tiers however...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Steel_bomber_ #6 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

You have 66 battles!

Stop crying and learn to shoot the easiest bots (tiers 1 till 4) in the game first.

I agree bots make this game extremely boring, but in the higher tiers they sometimes are harder to fight. 

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 08 September 2017 - 12:49 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

oldiowaguy #7 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles
Or it could be the current game got stale and there is a possibility of losing your progress when 2.0 comes.

Steel_bomber_ #8 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postoldiowaguy, on 08 September 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Or it could be the current game got stale and there is a possibility of losing your progress when 2.0 comes.

I really don't care about progress, I just hope the game will get better.

But we all have seen what happens when WG tries to improve gameplay, it gets worse every time.

The psychological test continues, how long will humans take their crap......... 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

mustangman6579 #9 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 08 September 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Replay files for WoWP are saved to My Documents/Video assuming you have it turned on...for some reason it cannot be changed outside of changing My Documents directory itself.

...and at low tier bots are so weak that they tend to get to get mowed by half-decent player...It falls to you to mow them before they mow you down. It's a different story in mid and high tiers however...

Yea, most of the games I was playing an attack bomber, so i was very dependent on the bots. 

MelBrooks #10 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Re-spawning and unlimited ordinance with re-load times will end it for me. This game appealed to me because of the " one and done " on lives during a match. Most people I know will retire their flight suits, if they have not already, once this gets here. Nothing personal, that type of gaming just does not appeal to me.

Edited by MelBrooks, 08 September 2017 - 02:08 PM.

Yagos2k16 #11 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 582 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Don't count on bots carrying a game for you, They suck. all of them

Yagos2k16 #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 582 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostMelBrooks, on 08 September 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Re-spawning and unlimited ordinance with re-load times will end it for me. This game appealed to me because of the " one and done " on lives during a match. Most people I know will retire their flight suits, if they have not already, once this gets here. Nothing personal, that type of gaming just does not appeal to me.

​I kinda like Respawning, more chances to shoot the same bots down ;)

Psicko23 #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postmustangman6579, on 08 September 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Yea, most of the games I was playing an attack bomber, so i was very dependent on the bots. 

If you were in an attack plane, thats part of the problem. That is the hardest class of planes to win in. Also, just focusing on ground targets is not going to get you the win more often than not. You need to help your team a bit by killing some enemy planes, then once your team has a good advantage, then go after ground targets. Unless you have some good humans that are not in ground attack planes(ga), then you can go after ground targets and have a better chance of winning. Thats just the way its going to be if you are going to mostly play ga's.

I prefer to have more of an influence in the game regardless of what I am flying, but I prefer to not fly ground attack planes.

Edited by Psicko23, 08 September 2017 - 02:44 PM.

BrushWolf #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 September 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

A landslide happens to everyone, but I have never seen it happen 10 games in a row...  Post replay files.

Ten is extreme but when I logged in last weekend I ended up logging off after three, yes three matches as the only human vs a flight. You can guess how well that went particularly with how rusty I am and they were all blow outs in favor of the red team.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

pyantoryng #15 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View Postmustangman6579, on 08 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

That's where the problem is. These days due to homing bots that come to you no matter how well you hide means that fighters are much more influential than in human age where attack aircraft could pace their destruction and hide well to win the match from a losing odd...much harder to do in the age of bots. Besides, the bots are less vulnerable to the tailgate bomb than humans do.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

mullyman #16 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles

View PostYagos2k16, on 08 September 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Don't count on bots carrying a game for you, They suck. all of them

​If you are a human and aren't good enough to carry battles in tiers 1-4 vs NOOB bots then the issue is you.

I agree bots suck and determine many games but not so much in the low tiers.

mullyman.png

FLAP_ALOT #17 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• 99 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 08 September 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

If you were in an attack plane, thats part of the problem. That is the hardest class of planes to win in. Also, just focusing on ground targets is not going to get you the win more often than not. You need to help your team a bit by killing some enemy planes, then once your team has a good advantage, then go after ground targets. Unless you have some good humans that are not in ground attack planes(ga), then you can go after ground targets and have a better chance of winning. Thats just the way its going to be if you are going to mostly play ga's.

I prefer to have more of an influence in the game regardless of what I am flying, but I prefer to not fly ground attack planes.

theres an old saying,youve got  to learn to walk before you can run

its a well used saying but the best  sayings usually are!

I must of played a 1000+ games in tier 1 before moving up a tier(probably too many)

its like  psicko  said if you want to be in charge of your destiny ,attack aircraft are not the answer.

in tier 1 bots  90% of the time are canon fodder,if flying the correct aircraft and rightly so!

the game is designed like this to bring new players,(like yourself) a better chance of learning the game,and improving your skills

I wish you happy and less stressful flying,try the jap 91 plane

cheers

sorry, ground attack aircraft are not the answer!

Edited by FLAP_ALOT, 08 September 2017 - 03:18 PM.

ParanoiaXtreme_PRX #18 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 204 battles
  • [SF] SF
Am i supposed to be surprised or what? 'cause that happens all the time. I just fly high and do all the SH1T myself

Edited by ParanoiaXtreme_PRX, 08 September 2017 - 04:33 PM.

empyreal_recon #19 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

FORGET THE BOTS... FEAR THE ADMINS?... Then

Bring your Tier 10, 9 and 8's out and fly on Friday nights'

MidNight Campaign  a specially named Training Room.

...............................................................................

THIS MAY NOT AFFECT YOUR STATS only STATUS

................................................................................

All of you Players and the many WGA NA Administrators

..Have Been Specially Invited to Participate in this event..

Event will be streamed live on Twitch.TV for 3Hours

Mid Night Eastern Time... Training room open at 11pm

((( So Far So Good So What )))

BrushWolf #20 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
It isn't that the bots are unbalanced but once the first bot goes down it is like a house of cards collapsing. Add in the random crashing they can turn won matches into ugly losses.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users