Unlisted Videos of the Old 2.0 Tests

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I knew these had to exist somewhere but I never would've found them if I hadn't been reading the Russian forum.

The first video is of a person playing with a joystick in the first closed test.

The second is of a person playing joystick in the second closed test.

I have to admit, in these two videos the gameplay looks more arcade than ever.

The UI...nuff said.

It's really hard to tell but I couldn't help but feel the least bit suspicious of magnetized bullets operating in the video. Its hard to prove anything, but you can almost see it when the player is leading his target in the second video.

Next thing, now I understand why the Russian pilots think the flight model is screwed up. A very prominent opinion, is that the feeling of speed has been lost. This is more evident in the second video. Mainly because the pilot is flying the plane incorrectly, the corsair is a BnZ plane while the pilot is flying TnB. The main reason, I think, is that the energy retention of aircraft  has been greatly increased. If one is flying at a constant velocity one doesn't feel a sensation of speed. Speed is felt in its most useful form as acceleration. The only time the plane accelerates is when using boost, which has -by the way- been decreased by 2/3s (the corsair has only 6 seconds of boost instead of 20).

/pessimist off

Honestly I think the majority of the dislike for the new regime (the translation of the Russian word by google seems to fit the situation we are in the best) is 1. because of the huge increase in arcadiness compared to the current game, and 2. the players are just playing the game in the way the game isn't ment to be played. The starts out as a just shoot down as many targets as what come in your sights. But not once, in either video did the pilot go after the bombers. And as you can see in the other videos of 2.0 gameplay, bombers can rack up a lot of points if left undisturbed.

Once the game mode has enough live humans playing it, and they start to figure out how it works, the focus of the gameplay will shift to attacking and defending the bombers.

Not just the TnB, pew, pew, arcade the Russians are complaining about.  

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
No Lead Indicator, No radar, Straight forward like a horse with blinders -  So much for 360 Situational Awareness! No additional Camera Window, so no view of locked enemy target - so they have also decided to dismiss "Angle of Attack (AOA) prediction -  Wow.... what a mess~

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 08 September 2017 - 01:03 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

The removal of the lead indicator, I think, is a good thing.

The devs just don't trust us enough to shoot straight. :bajan:

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #4 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 September 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I knew these had to exist somewhere but I never would've found them if I hadn't been reading the Russian forum.

The first video is of a person playing with a joystick in the first closed test.

The second is of a person playing joystick in the second closed test.

I have to admit, in these two videos the gameplay looks more arcade than ever.

The UI...nuff said.

It's really hard to tell but I couldn't help but feel the least bit suspicious of magnetized bullets operating in the video. Its hard to prove anything, but you can almost see it when the player is leading his target in the second video.

Next thing, now I understand why the Russian pilots think the flight model is screwed up. A very prominent opinion, is that the feeling of speed has been lost. This is more evident in the second video. Mainly because the pilot is flying the plane incorrectly, the corsair is a BnZ plane while the pilot is flying TnB. The main reason, I think, is that the energy retention of aircraft  has been greatly increased. If one is flying at a constant velocity one doesn't feel a sensation of speed. Speed is felt in its most useful form as acceleration. The only time the plane accelerates is when using boost, which has -by the way- been decreased by 2/3s (the corsair has only 6 seconds of boost instead of 20).

/pessimist off

Honestly I think the majority of the dislike for the new regime (the translation of the Russian word by google seems to fit the situation we are in the best) is 1. because of the huge increase in arcadiness compared to the current game, and 2. the players are just playing the game in the way the game isn't ment to be played. The starts out as a just shoot down as many targets as what come in your sights. But not once, in either video did the pilot go after the bombers. And as you can see in the other videos of 2.0 gameplay, bombers can rack up a lot of points if left undisturbed.

Once the game mode has enough live humans playing it, and they start to figure out how it works, the focus of the gameplay will shift to attacking and defending the bombers.

Not just the TnB, pew, pew, arcade the Russians are complaining about.  

Remember the Famous books - DOS FOR DUMMIES - etc? Let me get back this a bit later –

Moving on,

We all have our own opinions of why World of Warplanes has evolved into the failure it has become, but if I may, out of the many I always adhered to the fact that Combat flight Sims takes a degree of mental faculties working in concert, accumulated to achieve a positive outcome. In laymen terms; a good player/flier has to be an avid mulitasker, have a keen sense of situational awareness, and a large degree of common sense. The great/good players stand out because they are able to perform these tasks effectively, accurately, and in unison.

Out of the many reasons, I believe World of Warplanes was too difficult for the majority of players to play effectively, confidently, thus achieving a winner’s edge. In simple terms, the game was too difficult; they became discouraged and lost most of their games that they played, or did not live long enough to make a difference. The blame game ensued; and it was everyone’s fault but their own, etc; and they ended up quitting.

To the point –

With this 2.0, as we have seen by the videos and by my prior comment (post #2)  – Wargaming will destroy the remnants of a Combat Flight sim that has deteriorated and eroded since the inception of WOWP. Wargaming with 2.0 will turn WOWP into a mindless Arcade shooter; please drop your proverbial quarter in the game machine and seek to achieve a high score like a giddy donkey Kong champion!

By removing the radar, Camera Window etc, these elements remove the tools in which a smarter player will utilize to turn the advantage on the ignorant, and or; the tunnel vision player who is incapable of applying the multiple faculties and skills, i.e. multitasking, situational awareness,  and common sense whilst achieving that winning edge.

Again, 2.0 will force good players to play a dumb player’s game. Without the 80m Radar, High, low, far away, close perspective it offers, that the radar allows a good player to conduct on the fly strategies etc. A good player will have the equal opportunity as a bad player to turn and shot an enemy aircraft in direct front view of your screen - again we all will be horses with blinders attached.

Lastly, before I left World of Tanks, I was there day 1, and after 30,000 games plus - I haven’t played it in over two years now - Why, the symbolism is all too real –

WOT used to be difficult, it was too hard for bad players, Wargaming crippled tank Destroyers, maps were designed to funnel players into a close quarter brawl, etc.

In short, Good players are the minority, bad players are the majority – BUT, bad players money spends equally well to good player’s money. Wargaming gaming will always appease the bad players, they make more money bigger profit.  World of Warplanes is no different, find ways to cripple good players to achieve monetary profits from the abysmal player model.

Hence – WOWP for Dummies 2.0

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 08 September 2017 - 12:33 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Bobby_Tables #5 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 07 September 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Hence – WOWP for Dummies 2.0

Yeah, that pretty much nails it.  

You could've saved yourself a lot of typing.  Just sayin'

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 08 September 2017 - 06:06 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #6 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostBobby_Tables, on 08 September 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Yeah, that pretty much nails it.  

You could've saved yourself a lot of typing.  Just sayin'

No No, I always enjoy disemboweling Wargaming thoroughly and completely - I surprised myself with the little I wrote actually; given the content.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Mackunaima #7 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Nutshell: No more PvP, no more chat window, no more flights. Just a game for very little kids.

You vet, get out off here. You are not welcome anymore with your vast knowledge about how to fight using war machines.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #8 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMackunaima, on 08 September 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Nutshell: No more PvP, no more chat window, no more flights. Just a game for very little kids.

You vet, get out off here. You are not welcome anymore with your vast knowledge about how to fight using war machines.

Exactly Mac,  I mean I am having a hard time not watching these videos over and over like a train wreck how rudimentary can you be a chimpanzee can achieve a 50% win rate with How 2.0 has been developed.  I mean you turn your aircraft and shoot someone down and you get that arcade ding noise like you would in any coin operated game machine.  So many things have gone wrong with this game where do you start, we went from three man flights to two-man flights because bad players  complained that they didn't have a chance. But least they forget all of us were new players all of us started at tier one good players are exactly that  good players it's called self initiative if you're playing poorly you Google tutorials on how to get better you go to Wowp planes wiki read how to get better you go to the forums and read strategy guides by better players.  Business is what it is wargaming it's not concerned with historical accuracy they are not concerned evolving a game that requires intelligence they only require large profits,  so if that means making a game rudimentary and designed for a simpleton and achieves profit that's the strategy of a business to make money. 

Sorry all for that large paragraph most likely spelling errors in punctuation I'm on my iPhone utilizing that speak and spell program whatever you call it plus I'm at work I don't have time to type all this, just easier to speak and rant with a limited amount of time I have at work.

thanks all TGIF have a great weekend for you on the south east coast United States my prayers are with you and your family stay safe

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 08 September 2017 - 03:16 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

pyantoryng #9 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Business? We shall see if it really is *good* for business...

...and seems like there's no M/KB gameplay...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

El_Mulo #10 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 883 battles
  • [CHKAL] CHKAL

This is more of WG philosophy:
1st:  You're so good that you have to loose.  
2nd: We're going to easy the game so most people can play. But do more people want to play an easier game?

I m begining to think that the problem are the players (we the older) that want a more "simulator" game.  That kind of elitist must not be good for bussiness.

What we say to death?

mnbv_fockewulfe #11 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm sorry guys but they broke the flight physics. :trollface::trollface::bajan:

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #12 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

A slightly longer version.

There's a whole bunch of these that were only released 5 days ago.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

And ZEPLIN!

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

A whole bunch showing high tier gameplay in the Me 209.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #15 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Ground pounders.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #16 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
These ones are listed by the way.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users