News - RU WoWP Developer Q&A - update 2.0 - The most important thing is lost

news Analysis

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

To start off, this did not originally start as a developer Q&A for the new update 2.0. However It has turned into one after 35 pages of player Q&A. We will start with the original post to the thread.

Block Quote

HoarFighter # 621     Sent 04 Sep 2017 - 10:22
Player
16743 battlefield 

In the New Regime lost the most important thing. The core of any game on similar subjects. He lost the air battle.

The new regime is not a game about planes. No opposition players, no adrenaline, you hit a Bot, to exert the maximum effort, and fun is not received, since Bot in 20 seconds has to chase you or you for him. Sisyphean (FVE-????) task without end, reminiscent of the running hamster in the bowl. This game is about the seizure from the air of some points, revival and flying kits in the air, about flying the same planes that don't even have to manage completely uninformative about the poor interface of the games of the nineties, about the fact that aiming in a plane is not necessary, shoot somewhere near, the bullets will be attracted to themselves. 

Brilliant solution with a replenishment of missiles and bombs in the air, full of stupefying players. Around swarming the swarms of bots that appear endlessly.It is unclear why introduce gameplay bombers, what a lack of a brain to possess in order from 1 to 10 the level to be able to branch, performing the same thing, took off the whole fight fly over the map, throwing down somewhere constantly replenishing the bombs until the end of combat. All the worst that you can think of, the developers have managed to shove into one project. It's just brilliant.

Except that the maps no claim is made qualitatively. Yes, shooting without THAT idea is correct, but only the idea, the execution just below the plinth. 
In short, HP is everything, it's DotA, it's elves and orcs, is some stupid tactical game, but it's not a game about planes.

RU WoWP forum source link

And here are some of the highlighted responses that I would like to pass onto you guys.

Block Quote

Grenoli # 571     Posted Today, 06 Sep 2017 - 12:09
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

Fritz_Falker (06 Sep 2017 - 12:04) wrote:
Q. Asked but never received a response.Personally flew 37 or 39 fights except for a couple developers and 5 recurring players,like the majority of "active players" did not see. Flew to be and more,but the info regarding the impossibility that laid out where it ought to be ,in the feedback CPT (FVE - CT Server). About the optimism about the new games,you can understand, but sacristy current game project is impossible.The consequences will be irreversible on all game servers, to be sure.

A. And the question is what? Nobody closes any project. 

RU WoWP forums source link

Block Quote

Grenoli # 617     Posted Today, 06 Sep 2017 - 13:46
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

Fritz_Falker (06 Sep 2017 - 12:50) wrote:
Q. I repeat once did not understand.
An open test will certainly show interest and create a new CA. This will be another game, another project within the whole WG?
Will the old classic client stay?
Will there be a customer for HP (FVE- update 2,0)?
Calm the people!

A. No, the new mode will replace the current one. About what, as I recall, it was already said.

Block Quote

HETTPOMAX (06 Sep 2017 - 12:56) wrote:
Q. Grenoli, the concept of the game in the coming year, going to change?
Let the newcomers chop directly at all levels on some particular types of equipment ...?
All of us would be happy, but you will not get here as in tanks with such a concept of the game!

A. The new regime is a change in the concept of the game. A beginner does not need such an opportunity, she, rather scare him away, rather than increase the desire to play. There is such a thing as "speed of content development", it is important and your proposal contradicts it completely. :) On the other hand, I'm impressed with the idea of ​​the possibility of "test flights" on premium technology prior to its purchase, but for now this is just an idea.

Block Quote

evgen2244 (06 Sep 2017 - 13:34) wrote:
Q. Grenoli, if I do not go to HP (FVE- update 2,0), can I, for example, transfer the property to ships (FVE - WoWS) (free, silver, premium in the form of gold or at least in the form of silver)?

A. No, with a high degree of probability.

RU WoWP forum source link

Now I have not seen the new game mode, however based on what I am reading is correct, the new mode is looking to be a dumb down version of a 1980's arcade game not an advance progression of flying game mechanics. Supposedly WoWP is a project that will not be closed down. There will be no rollbacks after this update 2.0 has been released.  And lastly you will not be able to transfer your account credits, gold, and premiums (planes & time) to WoWS.

Again all of this speculation could have been avoided if the RU WoWP Developers been more open in the development testing with other WoWP regions in following up with player feedback. It has been over a year since a major update with improvements. It appears that Update 2.0 is looking to be like another update 1.5. However again I cannot tell since I cannot see what is reported with game improvements in the future of WoWP because of no information.

On a further note, I am not asking to be a CT tester since I am not the best player for that program for evaluation. I know many of you are more qualify than myself in what needs to be done in improving WoWP. I am just a guy that wants to have fun and fly in a good game.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 06 September 2017 - 12:41 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

20thCenturyLtd #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

All of this was obvious to anyone who wanted to see it, however, so many chose to be blinded by their optimism. I warned on this forum, when we got the first look at 2.0, that the new game mode would not be allowed to coexist with the current one. Yet so many here insisted that I was dead wrong. Hate to say I told you so but....I told you so.

Of course now it appears that it will be even worse then that. We all could see that the introduction of unlimited ordinance & capture points were going to take the game more into the arcade realm, but now it seems the heart of the game, air combat, will be dumbed down too. Well, thanks for nothing WG....game over. Warplanes is finished and so am I, with all your products.

MelBrooks #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Very well said 20th. WoWP moving towards the objective based, re-spawn type mode was inevitable. The time for me too to pull my General MacArthur impersonation is rapidly approaching.

Noreaga #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

bleh, just bleh.

nothing more i can say that hasnt been said 1000's of times... at least its been a great time on the forum and i met some great people and had some good times in the pre-release days 

Nimis obnoxii curare

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

Finally, they come out with it. 2.0 will replace the current game mode, this is what I expected as well, but was digging to find somewhere where WG stated it.

From being part of the 1st round of Closed Public Test, I would say, give it a chance.  It offers a new game mode and has eliminated the exploits of the current game mode.  New maps, new terrain/buildings, Optimized graphics.

GhostPrime has confirmed that the 3rd round of testing that is coming soon, will be open to everyone, not closed.  So I urge everyone to participate, give feedback, even if you don't want to give feedback, at least participate to make the CT worth playing.  It can only make the game better... I don't think it can get any worse.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Bubba_Zanetti #6 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 September 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

I don't think it can get any worse.

Careful.  WG excels at surprising us with their incompetence every now and then.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 06 September 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Careful.  WG excels at surprising us with their incompetence every now and then.

True.  There is the possibility of wiping all of our accounts.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

GhostPrime #8 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMelBrooks, on 06 September 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

Very well said 20th. WoWP moving towards the objective based, re-spawn type mode was inevitable. The time for me too to pull my General MacArthur impersonation is rapidly approaching.

I do understand your apprehension. When we do have a common test available for the new mode, Jump in and give it a try. I will have a forum section available to leave feedback in, and it will be sent to the developers. Your feedback is valued, and we really would like to know players' honest opinions on it. As we get closer, I will make announcements as to when the CT will be. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

pyantoryng #9 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 September 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

That one will be the real final straw...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 September 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

That one will be the real final straw...

2.0 Will be a new camel, we are the straw.  Will we be stacked on the new camel? Or will new straw take our place, or will it be a mix of old and new straw on a new camel?  If there is more straw that will be a good thing, but the camel will have to be some sort of super camel to hold up all the new straw.  No straw is bad, it gave the camel an easy life.

The old camel is gone for sure though, technically, its back isn't broken.

pyantoryng #11 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

No wonder the compensation clause had been retrospectively added to the EULA...they had this somewhere in mind all along...

Should it come to pass...I'll see whether the I-15DM-2 will make history by surviving three wipes...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

No wonder the compensation clause had been retrospectively added to the EULA...they had this somewhere in mind all along...

Should it come to pass...I'll see whether the I-15DM-2 will make history by surviving three wipes...

They only need to give us 180 days notice... but I believe that was the RU/EU EULA.... not sure if NA got the same update.

GouIdy #13 Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 04 August 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Nothing will be lost. There is no account wipes with the release of conquest mode. You will have your stuff. The information I don't have to share are the dates, and anything else that is subject to a possible change before the release of conquest mode. This also doesn't mean that things will change, just that the mode is still in development. 

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I am going to hold GP to his words.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 04 August 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Nothing will be lost. There is no account wipes with the release of conquest mode. You will have your stuff. The information I don't have to share are the dates, and anything else that is subject to a possible change before the release of conquest mode. This also doesn't mean that things will change, just that the mode is still in development. 

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

This 2.0 mode is not for us, not for the 500 or so that have stuck around.  It is for new players, it is an attempt at a new game to hopefully at least match the success of WOT and WOWS.  That being said, what kind of environment will this hopeful influx of new players be in when us old guard already have every plane.  It would be for the same reason peoples accounts were wiped at official release.

I would assume that certain things like purchased premium planes, gift planes, skins, logos, kill markers gold and free-exp would still remain, and there would have to be some silver credit compensation , but in order to have a successful launch of 2.0, I don't see how they cant wipe all our accounts clean of the tech-tree planes.

Until it is actually released, there is still the possibility.

Mackunaima #15 Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Sadly, Im happy.

Yeah, I don't like to be sure about bad things.

Im happy because in 5 years I didn't spent a single dollar over here, just and just because when I was testing this game, they made very clear to me they dose not care about what top player want to have and how the game could be a top game also. They just wanted to reach as many as people they could as fast as they can.

No focus on quality, no ice cream for you.

Well guys, was good to play aside of most of you, I had great time untill 1.4, after this I started my detox time. I hope to have in the future a honorable enterprise picking up this initial game goal and make it happen, maybe I will see you again.

View PostGhostPrime, on 06 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I do understand your apprehension. When we do have a common test available for the new mode, Jump in and give it a try. I will have a forum section available to leave feedback in, and it will be sent to the developers. Your feedback is valued, and we really would like to know players' honest opinions on it. As we get closer, I will make announcements as to when the CT will be. 

There is any good player willing to play this? Shooting dumb bots?

Best lucky for you.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

TeamTerrible #16 Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMackunaima, on 06 September 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

Sadly, Im happy.

Yeah, I don't like to be sure about bad things.

Im happy because in 5 years I didn't spent a single dollar over here, just and just because when I was testing this game, they made very clear to me they dose not care about what top player want to have and how the game could be a top game also. They just wanted to reach as many as people they could as fast as they can.

No focus on quality, no ice cream for you.

Well guys, was good to play aside of most of you, I had great time untill 1.4, after this I started my detox time. I hope to have in the future a honorable enterprise picking up this initial game goal and make it happen, maybe I will see you again.

There is any good player willing to play this? Shooting dumb bots?

Best lucky for you.

Without being able to test this new game mode I cannot say I like or dislike it

I will give it a try but I have tolerated enough since 1.4 and the game continues to get worse

This is it, do or die WG and I hate to say it but this had better be good or i'm taking all 130 members of SSG elsewhere

20thCenturyLtd #17 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 06 September 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

GP, never before in the history of this game, have the developers acted on test server feedback prior to the release of an update. Why will it be any different this time ?

lurpmaster #18 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 38 battles
:hiding:I am not sure about 2.0 but will give it a good try.

MARS_REVENANT #19 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 06 September 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

GP, never before in the history of this game, have the developers acted on test server feedback prior to the release of an update. Why will it be any different this time ?

^^

TeamTerrible #20 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

​100% correct

If anything they have corrected issues with connection, hangar, premium shop and such but they have never acted on key suggestions

Its pretty much them saying this is our baby and we will raise it our way with no regard to what it will do for the people who actually play the game.

Also tagged with news, Analysis

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users