MiG-3 White 54, 7 IAD Pacific Fleet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3570 battles

MiG-3 (early model), 6th IAP of 7 IAD of the Pacific Fleet, photographed on Uglovoye airfield, Vladivostock, August 1943.

Replacement for default desert textures.

Like most Soviet units from WWII, there is not much information available in English about 7 IAD. I have found refernces placing this plane with 7th IAP of the  Baltic Sea Fleet as well as the 7th IAD of the Pacific Fleet. Since the only reference made by any sources I found referring to an airfield all state Uglovoye airfield, I feel teh plane was most likely assigned to the 7th IAD at some point. This information maybe in error though, due to a lack of sources in english.

Again there is a lot of conflicting information and argument on the colors used in the camouflage for this plane, along with most Russian planes from the time, some claim the plane to be painted Green and Grey while others claim green and sand, although all seem to agree the stripes were black. I choose to go with light green and sand, making this skin a suitable replacment for the desert textures, although it could work as well for a summer scheme as well.

Installation:

There are two versions of included, both replace the default Base skin.

First is a Custom skin with all markings painted on, this version requires the files to remove the Russian markings found HERE.

Second is a default version with no markings painted on. This is a camouflage version intended to use the default Russian markings; therefore no additional files are required to use this version.

You can download it at: white_54.zip

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

outwardpanicjoe #2 Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2827 battles
  • [SF] SF
cool :great:

Rarearth #3 Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 39383 battles
  • [JE] JE
nice work Hawk thanks :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users