Looking for Clan

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Draknar #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Airman Basic

• 3 battles

Wow, it's kind of discouraging how empty these forums look...

I wanted to check out WoWP again, and thought I would look into finding a Clan to have some folks to chat with.

I'm in the US but I have an early schedule so EU works as well. (3pm-7pm EST usually)

If you have Discord that would be preferred, but other voice works too (TS3, etc.)

I honestly don't know what's required to play with a Clan.  Do we need to fly planes from the same country?  Definitely the same Tier I'm assuming.  What Tier do Clan members usually fly? (I surely don't have access yet, but good to have goals).
I'm probably going to be focusing on Germany, since I'm a fan of FW 190s.

Thanks!

gerr22 #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
clans fly what they want when in a clan i think the team up decides the plane you know to act as a wing man and cover your no 1 or to be no 1 and have your no 2 cover you comm s very important clan rules can be a shlep but that s a choice so read before joining, my opinion

Psicko23 #3 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Clan members can fly whatever tier they want. When flighted you don't have to fly the same planes or the same country, although that can help. You do want to match some key stats of planes with your flight mate. The same tier is best, unless one of you is trying to get an akamatsu medal or something similar. Altitude and speed are probably the most important to match. It's going to be hard to cover each other if one of you is in a tier 4 zero while the other person is in a 109b. 

Donby #4 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 9 battles

a very warm welcome to wowp

just a tip,joining a clan is a very personal decision

my tip is to  make friends outside of a clan first ,if that person is in a clan then all well and good

its a good idea to join as a newbie,before you get too set in your ways as a solo

also you may have to join a few clans before you settle into particular clan . A clan can be a very lonely place!

I wish you all the best

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
Join All The Clans!!!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Welcome to the game!

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Steel_bomber_ #7 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Welcome in the game,

If you stay in tier 1 and 2 and get a win rate of 60% or more you will be more than welcome at S.I.C.K clan.

Otherwise, meet nice people in game and choose yourself.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

WafflesOfWrath #8 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 598 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
There's no real Clan Wars at the moment, so for now Clans are largely social in nature. It's just a way to get people to flight with for credit/xp grinding.

At this stage of your interest in the game it doesn't matter what you fly as long as you are in the same tier as your flightmate, otherwise it messes with the matchmaker. Once you get seasoned pick a line that suits you and is competitive.

Unfortunately the FW line is pretty weak, and needs a buff. I'd give every plane in the line a 5% increase in thrust and call it a day. The tier 5 is decent at best, and that's with maximum skills and equipment. It's just not fast enough for its role. The tier 6 is a beast and arguably the best in the line, the tier 7 is okay, the tier 8 is a gimmick plane and the 9/10 are meh. The line is basically heavy guns and terrible maneuverability with above average speed and mediocre climb rates

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 September 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Welcome in the game,

If you stay in tier 1 and 2 and get a win rate of 60% or more you will be more than welcome at S.I.C.K clan.

Otherwise, meet nice people in game and choose yourself.

And if you pretend to be a female pilot in real life you can join SSG.

:P

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 September 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

snip snip... tuck tuck... pills and injections and you can be a freaking purple asexual wombat these days... and if you detect a hint of jealousy, it is honest

a fella can dream, no?

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 21 September 2017 - 04:47 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FreeFOXMIKE #11 Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 560 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 01 September 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Welcome to the game!

well as my normal welcome was "borrowed"  lol again welcome to the nut house

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Steel_bomber_ #12 Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 September 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Tell me, who is pretending to be a woman in our clan, because I have never heard a woman or someone pretending to be one in our discord channel. 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 02 September 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Tell me, who is pretending to be a woman in our clan, because I have never heard a woman or someone pretending to be one in our discord channel. 

Someone is pretending to be a hot Scandanavian pilot.

Steel_bomber_ #14 Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 September 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Someone is pretending to be a hot Scandanavian pilot.

We don't have a member called: someone. 
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Psicko23 #15 Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostDonby, on 01 September 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

a very warm welcome to wowp

just a tip,joining a clan is a very personal decision

my tip is to  make friends outside of a clan first ,if that person is in a clan then all well and good

its a good idea to join as a newbie,before you get too set in your ways as a solo

also you may have to join a few clans before you settle into particular clan . A clan can be a very lonely place!

I wish you all the best

that's a lot of good knowledge for someone who has around 500 battles, must be very wise. Good info, I second it.

Rounne #16 Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 01 September 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Welcome to the game!

Funny. you post a cartoon that promotes communist ideals by claiming that "everyone sharing everything" is the best policy and that somehow the state is just a huge family. Yes, lets promote communistic ideals, the state replacing the family unit, and the ideal that it is best to give in and share everything you have to the state above all mentality. It's sad that no one has a brain these days. Post more Russian Bear pro communist cartoons. that's great.

Yes the independent bear is a fool who will certainly die if left on his own. The poor thing can't even feed himself without the state to provide for him. The state will be his family now and he will learn to share everything and he will be happy and the state is overflowing with everything everyone needs forever and ever.

I bet you call yourself an independent thinker huh? I bet you don't consider yourself a pro-communist sympathizer huh? Ahh, I can't wait for you people to get the totalitarian government you so richly have earned in spades. 

Edited by Rounne, 04 September 2017 - 06:25 AM.

Bubba_Zanetti #17 Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Classic...it's always been FreeFOXMIKE who posts that video over the past few years to welcome new players.  Mnbv steals it, and you jump down his throat like a paranoid McCarthy era fruitloop.  Allah forbid, the ideal we get along and share and care for one another is some great anti-capitalist conspiracy!

Zapperguy #18 Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRounne, on 04 September 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Funny. you post a cartoon that promotes communist ideals by claiming that "everyone sharing everything" is the best policy and that somehow the state is just a huge family. Yes, lets promote communistic ideals, the state replacing the family unit, and the ideal that it is best to give in and share everything you have to the state above all mentality. It's sad that no one has a brain these days. Post more Russian Bear pro communist cartoons. that's great.

Yes the independent bear is a fool who will certainly die if left on his own. The poor thing can't even feed himself without the state to provide for him. The state will be his family now and he will learn to share everything and he will be happy and the state is overflowing with everything everyone needs forever and ever.

I bet you call yourself an independent thinker huh? I bet you don't consider yourself a pro-communist sympathizer huh? Ahh, I can't wait for you people to get the totalitarian government you so richly have earned in spades. 

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

TeamTerrence #19 Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

and here I thought there was only one frat that had an odd way of welcoming new members

MelBrooks #20 Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRounne, on 04 September 2017 - 01:12 AM, said:

Bubba that was too complicated. Simpler approach, we have enough delusional psychotics around here, knock it off!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users