Will not connect to wowp server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tuff18 #1 Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Airman Basic

• 24393 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
I am having a problem with wowp not connecting to server. Game is loaded and when bar is finished screen is just black.I have been in contact with support for almost a week  and they have had me change the DNS and all types of workarounds..Still no results yet. The last time I had a connection problem for updates it turned out to be a permission issue.If anyone has had this same problem and figured out how to fix it could you shoot me a line back...Thx tuff18

GouIdy #2 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ok you say when the bar is finished you just get a black screen meaning you never make it to the connect to server screen, is this correct?

The only bar is in the initial client load screen & then you would get to the connect to server screen. If you are not even making it to the connect to server screen then it is most likely a comp or client issue not a connection issue.

Did you clear your cache & temp files?

Maybe try bypassing the game center & load the game manually from the application exe file (you will need to close the gaming center completely from the task bar).

GhostPrime #3 Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Posttuff18, on 29 August 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

I am having a problem with wowp not connecting to server. Game is loaded and when bar is finished screen is just black.I have been in contact with support for almost a week  and they have had me change the DNS and all types of workarounds..Still no results yet. The last time I had a connection problem for updates it turned out to be a permission issue.If anyone has had this same problem and figured out how to fix it could you shoot me a line back...Thx tuff18

This could be a few different things, but it sounds like it's not a connection issue. It appears to be either a client issue, or Windows issue. Could be something as simple as drivers. When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers? WHat Graphics card do you have?

Please follow these instructions in this support article:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/770

What this will do is check the game client, and pull a dxdiag file. Please update your ticket with the WG check file. That will give them more information to help you out 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users