Is wargaming limiting count ins?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #1 Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19614 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
The other night we were doing count ins and things were going well. After a certain amount of time(not sure exact time) we couldn't get everyone into the same games. I think at one point it dropped us into 3 different games. Is wargaming limiting the amount of people or time for count ins? Or is it just that the mm was messing up(acting as intended).

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I would run into the same thing when I used to do count-ins.  I believe MM is set up so that as soon as there is a min of 1 person per side it starts to set up a battle.  Optimal, I believe is 3 per side and then battle starts.  If there is more than that in queue it starts to set up multiple battles instead of filling 1 at a time.  Or at least that is how it seemed.

It is a function of an MM that deals with our current population.  So when there are more people in queue due to a count-in, it still uses the current formula.  Unfortunately we cant have it both ways, unless they have a second formula in there to account for high population... but I doubt they did that.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 August 2017 - 04:01 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GouIdy #3 Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Another factor to consider is that the MM tries to balance plane types on each team & if there is too many of one type in queue MM will start multiple games.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #4 Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 22602 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostPsicko23, on 20 August 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

The other night we were doing count ins and things were going well. After a certain amount of time(not sure exact time) we couldn't get everyone into the same games. I think at one point it dropped us into 3 different games. Is wargaming limiting the amount of people or time for count ins? Or is it just that the mm was messing up(acting as intended).

I don't think they really give a **** - most of us (Player’s) our more concerned with the game then the creators themselves. 

-Content edited

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGouIdy, on 20 August 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Another factor to consider is that the MM tries to balance plane types on each team & if there is too many of one type in queue MM will start multiple games.

this

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Steel_bomber_ #6 Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGouIdy, on 20 August 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 21 August 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

I don't think they really give a *****- most of us (Player’s) our more concerned with the game then the creators themselves. 

This and :

This: They are limiting the number of humans, that's what they do with whatever they create lately.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Vanize #7 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 17264 battles

it also depends on if it is trying to set up and balance multiple other battles already when you drop in as a group. if there are, MM will grab the aircraft it needs to fulfill those pre-existing battles before forming a new one.

MM really needs to be more dynamic and just form theoretical groupings with the changing influx of players dropping in and then creating a battle when conditions are right instead of creating battles for players who don't fit other battles MM is already trying to make and then waiting for the right combination of players to drop in.

Edited by Vanize, 28 August 2017 - 07:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users