News - RU WoWP Devs Q&A 20170810 - Cammo, Rocket Splash, and landing the aircraft

news

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• 11981 battles

Some info from Grenoli the RU WoWP developer on WoWP news

Block Quote

Block Quote

Grenoli # 191     Sent Aug 07, 2017 - 13:28

Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

KyzMuT4 (Aug 07, 2017 - 13:16) wrote:

Q. I repeat the question asked about six months ago.
Will there be a repeat of the event for obtaining unique camouflage as it was, if I'm not mistaken in 2014 for the fifth level? 
Last time, you answered what was possible, but nothing like that was repeated.

A. Greetings. At the moment, all the camouflage introduced into the game immediately fall into the in-game store and are available for purchase both for playing gold and for credits. The appearance of unique camouflage in the future is not ruled out. In particular, most likely, we will try to repeat the experience of the current marathon - we will dress in beautiful livery new premium and special aircraft. 

RU WoWP forum source link 

Block Quote

Grenoli # 192     Sent Aug 08, 2017 - 17:51
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

ButcherMax (Aug 08, 2017 - 17:45) wrote:
Q. In the patch theme strategically ignored the question

Previous A&Q for reference

Spoiler

But I still want to know the unfolded story about missiles - why, and most importantly, how exactly they were uplifted?
And most importantly to what level are you going to be nerf?

A. The theme of the patch, I, alas, I read in snatches, because there are enough cases. As for the question: I answered the forum long before patchout. If there is a need, I repeat without problems: 
1. The distance to the enemy aircraft on which the missile takes place is reduced.
2. returned to the previous level the size of the inside of the splash from the missiles, that is, reduced the area in which the missiles deal 100 percent of the damage.

Block Quote

Grenoli # 193     Sent Aug 08, 2017 - 17:59
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

Kyron_ua_1 (Aug 08, 2017 - 17:55) wrote:
Q. Hello dear Grenoli!I would like to read the opinion of the team on two issues:

a) are there any plans in the future, this or HP (FVE-Hit points) the airplanes of new Nations (e.g.,Italy)?

b)probably ever in no possibility of takeoff/landing aircraft? Did you consider this idea?

Thank you for your answer.

A. Greetings.
1. Yes, it is planned. I'm not sure about Italy, but in general there is a desire to make a conditional "European" branch with representatives of different countries. I do not orient on the terms - it's definitely not this year.
2. Yes, there is a design for landing the aircraft. So far, only design.

This is interesting or tries to be. Cammo is possible, but not pressing at the moment from a past event. Rocket splash has been reduced to a previous parameter, and other European trees maybe happening in the future. Could they be more vague? IMO, I think the Developers are holding back in commitments of new features due to the success of update 2.0. If this (update 2.0) improvement does not save the product, nothing is needed for these new game enhancements.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 10 August 2017 - 11:12 AM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

20thCenturyLtd #2 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Agreed, if 2.0 is a flop there will be no need for new camo & tech trees.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20573 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 10 August 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

ya... even though a megaflop would be a pretty awesome goal for WG

Name Unit Value
kiloFLOPS kFLOPS 103
megaFLOPS MFLOPS 106
gigaFLOPS GFLOPS 109
teraFLOPS TFLOPS 1012
petaFLOPS PFLOPS 1015
exaFLOPS EFLOPS 1018
zettaFLOPS ZFLOPS 1021
yottaFLOPS YFLOPS 1024

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Major

• 33811 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
LOL. takeoff and landing... what a waste of time.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

20thCenturyLtd #5 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 10 August 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Hey, it's what the people(RU) want.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

pyantoryng #6 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12388 battles

Just more secrecy in the works...and more unnecessary fixes.

...at least it's better than the UI clutter that is premium shop button in Ships...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4515 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

hey flak, i've been reading the source link and after reading through most of the page i've come to the conclusion that HP is another way of saying 'new regeim'. also there is a lot of info you leave out of your very useful info threads. is that on purpose? i.e. it is confirmed that devs are working on ranked battles. 

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

FlakValleyExpress #8 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• 11981 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 10 August 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

hey flak, i've been reading the source link and after reading through most of the page i've come to the conclusion that HP is another way of saying 'new regeim'. also there is a lot of info you leave out of your very useful info threads. is that on purpose? i.e. it is confirmed that devs are working on ranked battles. 

I use Yandex for the translations. However some things are not quite correct all the time. I don't usually edit beyond what was given by Yandex. The HP definition could be something else in Russian slang, which Yandex would not pick up.

BTW, do you have a source showing the rank battles development for WoWP? I have not see anything discussed about rank battles. All I have seen for WoWP development is the new regime. BTW, is the player base RU or NA big enough for Rank Battles? I would like to hear more if so. I will keep looking for such information in the future.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 10 August 2017 - 03:35 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Bubba_Zanetti #9 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28982 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 10 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 10 August 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Hey, it's what the people(RU) want.

He only specifies landing...maybe you land, jump out of your plane, run across to a tank or ship, and then the game offloads to WOT or WOWS.  It's the new wargaming centre interface!

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Major

• 33811 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 10 August 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

He only specifies landing...maybe you land, jump out of your plane, run across to a tank or ship, and then the game offloads to WOT or WOWS.  It's the new wargaming centre interface!

Imagine having to dock the ships...

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TeamTerrible #11 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45769 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

All I know is they better place some form of noob protection for any sorry sap trying to refuel

I love bombs n rockets (hint, hint)

Bubba_Zanetti #12 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28982 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 10 August 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Imagine having to dock the ships...

The good news I suppose,  some time off in the not too distant future,  is that Wargaming will be used as a case study in game development business courses on what not to do.

TeamTerrible #13 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45769 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 10 August 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

The good news I suppose,  some time off in the not too distant future,  is that Wargaming will be used as a case study in game development business courses on what not to do.

we teach that at our school :playing:

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4515 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 10 August 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

I use Yandex for the translations. However some things are not quite correct all the time. I don't usually edit beyond what was given by Yandex. The HP definition could be something else in Russian slang, which Yandex would not pick up.

BTW, do you have a source showing the rank battles development for WoWP? I have not see anything discussed about rank battles. All I have seen for WoWP development is the new regime. BTW, is the player base RU or NA big enough for Rank Battles? I would like to hear more if so. I will keep looking for such information in the future.

I used a translate plugin on chrome to read the page. I'd find the quote for you but I'm on a tablet that's pretending to be a laptop and trying to do it with the forum's finicky system just wouldn't work.

I believe it was in a post from late june.

In this post

http://forum.worldof...96#entry2584296

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 10 August 2017 - 04:47 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

RedSpartacus #15 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17493 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 10 August 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Even if you have to wait 10 minutes for one battle only to see planes jerking around and losing connection every second battle and have difficulties to make it back into the hangar after having lost all your contacts - I bet there will be 300 players around.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

GeorgePatton #16 Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Landing has been 'in the works' for several years now... The original plan was to have it be like a lottery of sorts... You land your plane after the battle and if successful you get more credits and XP. Would be pretty funny to see the rage if you lost credits and XP for a crash. :playing:

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

TeamTerrible #17 Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45769 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 10 August 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Landing has been 'in the works' for several years now... The original plan was to have it be like a lottery of sorts... You land your plane after the battle and if successful you get more credits and XP. Would be pretty funny to see the rage if you lost credits and XP for a crash. :playing:

Cheers!
Glenn

​Yes please land your craft

TT will love you

GhostPrime #18 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1639 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostGeorgePatton, on 10 August 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

While it would be cool to land, I don't think it would be practical. You never know what the future may hold though. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

GeorgePatton #19 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGhostPrime, on 10 August 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

While it would be cool to land, I don't think it would be practical. You never know what the future may hold though. 

Yeah, I was against the whole landing thing during the Alpha/Beta days. Would be a cool test of skill, but otherwise just detracts from the game, unless they do the credit/XP boost thing. Then there's always the problem of trying to get random players to actually fly traffic patterns so nobody gets wrecked... I think I'd rather not have to worry about it! haha

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Also tagged with news

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users