F2A-1 Buffalo - 7 kills - Must Buy

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Rounne #1 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Posted Image

The F2A-1 is basically a premium F3F at tier 3. It's a must buy in my opinion. Great plane, fun, ok credits, what more could you ask for in a low tier premium plane?

Spoiler

Edited by Rounne, 06 August 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:27 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10814 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Its not at all similar to the F3F. Maybe in so far as both are good planes, but they are pretty much opposites as to their characteristic strengths and weaknesses.

Rounne #3 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 06 August 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

Its not at all similar to the F3F. Maybe in so far as both are good planes, but they are pretty much opposites as to their characteristic strengths and weaknesses.

Well considering that I don't see on your account where you have actually ever played the F2A-1 Buffalo, I can see how you may think from the stats that the plane would play differently. But it does not. The F3F is slower but more maneuverable, the F2A-1 is faster but less maneuverable. But considering that the Buffalo has flaps and the F3F does not, this aids the Buffalo in having very similar end result maneuverability. Having just slightly better speed at tier 3 does not magically make the Buffalo a boom and zoom plane instead of a turn and burn plane.

Explain to me how you think these planes are "Opposites"? Because, I would love the laugh that I would have at whatever argument you could even attempt to make about the point. Like I said, if you ever played the plane you would understand in 2 seconds.

Bubba_Zanetti #4 Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28923 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

The F3F is slower but more maneuverable, the F2A-1 is faster but less maneuverable.

Explain to me how you think these planes are "Opposites"?

You just did.  Not sure why you're back on these forums being your belligerent self as evidenced in the past.  Banned from the WOT/WOWS forums perhaps?

Anyone here who cares what Rounne finds laughable, raise your hand.

Zapperguy #5 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34050 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 06 August 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

You just did.  Not sure why you're back on these forums being your belligerent self as evidenced in the past.  Banned from the WOT/WOWS forums perhaps?

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Rounne #6 Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 06 August 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

As belligerent as you perhaps? Seeing you respond in this way only reminds me of the phrase, "the pot calling the kettle black". The planes are only slightly different in performance. That does not make them opposites. It's a laughable argument with zero real world distinction. Attempting to claim that the premium Buffalo and the F3F are "opposites" is like trying to claim that Coke and Pepsi (both cola based soft drinks) are "opposites".

Showing your own belligerence at me like a child while refusing to explain yourself just how you think these planes are "opposites" only shows how petty and angry you are at me and that you lack the ability to stay on the point of the post.

These planes play exactly the same. Or are you going to make me laugh by saying that you recommend "opposite" crew skills, equipment, and flight tactics for these planes? Are you claiming that one is a boom and zoom plane and the other a turn and burn? 

Thanks for the laugh Bubba. Zapperguy, can you please change your name to "Zingerguy"? I think that would be more appropriate for you.

Edited by Rounne, 06 August 2017 - 03:36 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #7 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28923 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

As belligerent as you perhaps? Seeing you respond in this way only reminds me of the phrase, "the pot calling the kettle black". The planes are only slightly different in performance. That does not make them opposites. It's a laughable argument with zero real world distinction. Attempting to claim that the premium Buffalo and the F3F are "opposites" is like trying to claim that Coke and Pepsi (both cola based soft drinks) are "opposites".

I'm only belligerent to those who make clueless statements with little experience whilst presenting themselves as authoritative.

Showing your own belligerence at me like a child while refusing to explain yourself just how you think these planes are "opposites" only shows how petty and angry you are at me and that you lack the ability to stay on the point of the post.

I didn't need to explain myself.  You made the distinction between the two aircraft, fast but less maneuverable versus slow but more maneuverable.

These planes play exactly the same. Or are you going to make me laugh by saying that you recommend "opposite" crew skills, equipment, and flight tactics for these planes? Are you claiming that one is a boom and zoom plane and the other a turn and burn? 

All the planes play exactly the same!  They have engines, wings, rudders, fly in the air with XYZ axis controlled via WASD and maybe E, or joystick. Differences are speed, climb rates, roll rates, turn rates, optimum altitude,  etc, etc, etc.  You can also combine TnB with BnZ, it's not always either/or.

Thanks for the laugh Bubba. Zapperguy, can you please change your name to "Zingerguy"? I think that would be more appropriate for you.

Unfortunately Chuckles is already assigned, so maybe we will give you the nick Laughboi.

hawkeyededic #8 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3449 battles

I bought mine back in Beta with the tokens we earned for testing back then, I like the plane but don't play it often. It is capable of both TnB and BnZ as the moment dictates, and at T-3 it's fairly lite weapons load isn't that big of a handicap.

With it for sale now I guess we can't refer to her as the 'Beta'llo any more.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Psicko23 #9 Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18907 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
OK, bubba has 28x the battles as you do and a hell of a lot more experience than you. Those planes are pretty dissimilar in stats. The f3f has good maneuverability and less speed than the f2a-1. The f2a-1 does have better roll rate which can help with manuverability, but it still won't be as maneuverable as the f3f. The f3f is a turn and burn fighter while the f2a-1 would be more of a boom and zoom fighter. I would trust bubba's word over yours when it comes to experience. 

Psicko23 #10 Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18907 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Double post. 

Edited by Psicko23, 06 August 2017 - 10:31 PM.

Rounne #11 Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostPsicko23, on 06 August 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

OK, bubba has 28x the battles as you do and a hell of a lot more experience than you. Those planes are pretty dissimilar in stats. The f3f has good maneuverability and less speed than the f2a-1. The f2a-1 does have better roll rate which can help with manuverability, but it still won't be as maneuverable as the f3f. The f3f is a turn and burn fighter while the f2a-1 would be more of a boom and zoom fighter. I would trust bubba's word over yours when it comes to experience. 

I understand what you are saying. But the Buffalo has flaps and the F3F does not. This also aids in maneuvering. Yes the buffalo is not as much of a turn fighter, but it is not an altitude plane and it is not that fast at all compared to heavy fighters and other planes at tier 3-4. You are going to turn and burn most things that you face. You don't have the speed to run from about anything really. You have 5 seconds more boost. But for the most part, you will turn and burn 75% of what you face at tier 3. You are not going to chase down heavies. You are simply going to try to flee to allies from more maneuverable planes than you. I am the one that has both and is playing both right now. Not him. 

Edited by Rounne, 06 August 2017 - 11:27 PM.

GouIdy #12 Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

I am the one that has both and is playing both right now. Not him. 

So 1 game in the F2A-1 makes you an expert on it's capabilities?

Rounne #13 Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostGouIdy, on 07 August 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

So 1 game in the F2A-1 makes you an expert on it's capabilities?

You of all people should know that the account history is a day behind what you have played. And i never claimed to be an expert of any plane in game. But I am not spouting off about planes I have never played. That would be bubba.

Bubba_Zanetti #14 Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28923 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

You of all people should know that the account history is a day behind what you have played. And i never claimed to be an expert of any plane in game. But I am not spouting off about planes I have never played. That would be bubba.

You don't think I've faced the F3F enough times to know it's capabilities?  You don't think the Japanese A5M is equal or greater than the F3F in TnB, or the Curtis Hawk 75M.  There's the I-16 as well and the I-15bis.  It's not only their TnB,  but gun damage you should fear from them when in capable hands.

Flaps can help, especially in higher tiers, but the ones without, slam the S key and watch them turn on a dime against a flap enabled plane.  The F2A-1 is a capable trainer for the tier but not a F3F clone.

GouIdy #15 Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

Just played a game in the Me 410 notice the time & date of the screenshots showing that WG stats are instantly recorded after a game has finished.

So after my post about you only having one game in the F2A-1 you jumped in it & played another 3 games... whoop dee whoop, you're still not an authority on the plane & maybe you should take your bullcocky & move along.

8Y9X8xl.png

mq5WEKv.png

Edited by GouIdy, 07 August 2017 - 01:22 AM.

MelBrooks #16 Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 30161 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
It takes the very best pilots in this game, and those greats who have left, more than four games to understand the intricacies and abilities of an aircraft in this meta. Just sayin'.......

Rounne #17 Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Well this game is certainly updating stats faster than world of tanks is, thats for sure. But it certainly isnt instant. I played a few games in the plane hours ago, not right after your post.

So take up the argument tough guy. Explain what pilot skills, equipment. And tactics you would use differently in the two planes.

What? No response? So like everyone else you just want to pat bubba on the back and not mention one word about what you are going to do "opposite" in this plane verses the F3F. Man, its no wonder almost no one who plays this game bothers to have any interaction at all on the forum judging by the posts that have followed mine so far. Barely anyone plays this game and it is very easy to see why by lookinh at the long term trolls who inundate this game

GouIdy #18 Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Well this game is certainly updating stats faster than world of tanks is, thats for sure. But it certainly isnt instant. I played a few games in the plane hours ago, not right after your post.

So take up the argument tough guy. Explain what pilot skills, equipment. And tactics you would use differently in the two planes.

What? No response? So like everyone else you just want to pat bubba on the back and not mention one word about what you are going to do "opposite" in this plane verses the F3F. Man, its no wonder almost no one who plays this game bothers to have any interaction at all on the forum judging by the posts that have followed mine so far. Barely anyone plays this game and it is very easy to see why by lookinh at the long term trolls who inundate this game

Dude I just showed you the screenshots that prove game statistics are updated to the API when you return to hangar, if you are arguing otherwise then lets see your proof.

As far as the F2A-1's comparison to the F3F is concerned I really don't care because I don't bother much with the kiddie pool but I would definitely take Bubba's opinion over someone who barely has played the game.

Omega_Weapon #19 Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10814 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostRounne, on 06 August 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Explain to me how you think these planes are "Opposites"? Because, I would love the laugh that I would have at whatever argument you could even attempt to make about the point. Like I said, if you ever played the plane you would understand in 2 seconds.

​The F2A-1 has the highest air speed rating in tier 3 at 419km / hour. The F3F is middle of the pack speed wise. Maneuverability is a deceptive stat because it includes roll rate. Better to use time to turn 360 degrees for judging turn and burn capabilities. F3F has the very best turning ability at tier 3 matched only by the DI-6i (tie). F2A-1 has one of the very worst turning abilities in that tier. Facts are facts but you are free to use the F2A-1 as a turn and burn fighter if you like. I won't lose sleep over it. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users