Taking the leap: Retraining the Dunkirk pilot

dunkirk pilot retraining

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 473 battles

With nobody appearing to have the guts to do this I took it upon myself to retrain the Dunkirk pilot to see what happens...

This is after retraining to my vacant Spitfire IX and in three circumstances:

Spoiler

Final Dash actually works

Spoiler

His Spitfire Ia mastery is always active as long as he is in that plane and no proficiency is needed due to the plane being premium. He is so going to Spitfire 14 after I get Attacker...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rounne #2 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

If you watch this video from Magus you will see that the Resilience (skill related to Final Dash) skill is generally not recommended.  Why? Because it activates when you have lost 70% of your hit points. The Final Dash skill is better of course in that it gives a 10% maneuverability and thrust bonus but you are sacrificing 2 skill points that could be put into engine guru or acrobatics that give a bonus all the time, not a defeatist bonus when you have lost half your health.

The worst part is that you are doing this for a tier 6 plane when your tier 5 plane will also see tier 6 planes a lot. So in the end, it would simply be better to play the Spitfire 1a with the Charles Donovan pilot in anyway.

It would also be far more efficient use of your time to use the Seafang to train Spitfire pilots in if you need pilot training for a regular Spitfire pilot as the higher tier will give higher xp bonus per flight. So why gimp yourself at tier 6 when you could OP yourself at tier 5?

Lets not forget that adding greater maneuverability to a plan with many buffs already is not a complete stacking. Instead, it is a percent of a percent. So, the actual benefit from what you are doing is situational and rather slight. Whereas the cost of what you are doing is noticeable all the time. Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe someone with greater knowledge of the game mechanics could help.

Edited by Rounne, 05 August 2017 - 07:57 PM.

egikov #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 289 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Thank you for training. This information is very good.

Also tagged with dunkirk, pilot, retraining

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users