Jump to content


why isn't the grumman F6F Hellcat avalible


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JO_BOOTY #1 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 779 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-21-2016

I was wondering why you don't have the Grumman F6F hellcat in the tech tree. It was a lot better than the F4F wildcat, and could out perform the F4F. 

It was the top navy fighter of WWII.



Rounne #2 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1249 battles
  • 164
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Because the company realized that if they put it in the tier that it should be in, it would dominate the tier completely. It would basically be too OP of a plane. However, given that they want more money now it certainly should be offered as an OP premium plane. Especially considering that so many other OP premium planes are out now.

20thCenturyLtd #3 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18513 battles
  • 1,322
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    11-28-2013

View PostRounne, on 04 August 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

Because the company realized that if they put it in the tier that it should be in, it would dominate the tier completely. It would basically be too OP of a plane. However, given that they want more money now it certainly should be offered as an OP premium plane. Especially considering that so many other OP premium planes are out now.

 

Ah, no.

 

WG/Persha just haven't gotten around to it yet. Why...your guess would be as good as any. Will we ever see it...guess that depends on if the game survives & flourishes post 2.0


Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.


pyantoryng #4 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12351 battles
  • 6,029
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

How planes are added in WoWP is one family at a time...the Hellcat will either come in full line of Grumman's or not at all...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rounne #5 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1249 battles
  • 164
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
We already have tons of Grumman planes in the game. They could have added the Hellcat years ago. Why didn't they? Because at the time this company still believed that premium planes needed to be weaker than regular ones. As well, the Hellcat would have completely dominated it's tier 4,5, or even 6. Today, because they are not making a lot of money and to have a big influx of people and cash with the release of 2.0 they could finally add the Hellcat to the game as a premium plane. But it better be damn OP or releasing it will backfire more than help anything. The Hellcat has been asked for since before this game was even released. People ask for the Hellcat every few months or just like this post they wonder what on earth possessed these developers to exclude one of the most successful, iconic, and historic U.S. planes of the entire war era. 

Texthor #6 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 28400 battles
  • 817
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
The only plane I want.......should be Tier 5 or 6, but they will put it at Tier 7 with low HP (300) and won't be able to compete with the flying tanks.......

20thCenturyLtd #7 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18513 battles
  • 1,322
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    11-28-2013

View PostRounne, on 04 August 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

We already have tons of Grumman planes in the game. They could have added the Hellcat years ago. Why didn't they? Because at the time this company still believed that premium planes needed to be weaker than regular ones. As well, the Hellcat would have completely dominated it's tier 4,5, or even 6. Today, because they are not making a lot of money and to have a big influx of people and cash with the release of 2.0 they could finally add the Hellcat to the game as a premium plane. But it better be damn OP or releasing it will backfire more than help anything. The Hellcat has been asked for since before this game was even released. People ask for the Hellcat every few months or just like this post they wonder what on earth possessed these developers to exclude one of the most successful, iconic, and historic U.S. planes of the entire war era. 

 

Still no. The F6F is no more OP than say a P51D. Why WG/Persha decided to stop the Grumman line at T5, and then go with Voight is a mystery...like so much of the design decisions in this game. There is an answer for things that are OP...NERF. WG is never afraid to nerf the OP in the game, so that cannot be the reason.

 

Fact is, The F6F should not be a Premium plane, but instead part of a new branch of the existing tech tree line. F6F/F8F/F9F/F9F-6


Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.


Psicko23 #8 Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:51 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18907 battles
  • 2,616
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

Lol, this has been asked since the beginning. I would like the f6f up, but I know Persha would probably mess it up.

 300 hit points would be a rough guess at an average hit point pool for t7. Low for multi roles, as the f4u4 has 350 and the t7 jug has  450. A lot of fighters have less. 300 is still plenty for killing ga's.



outwardpanicjoe #9 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:26 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2767 battles
  • 84
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 04 August 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

 

Still no. The F6F is no more OP than say a P51D. Why WG/Persha decided to stop the Grumman line at T5, and then go with Voight is a mystery...like so much of the design decisions in this game. There is an answer for things that are OP...NERF. WG is never afraid to nerf the OP in the game, so that cannot be the reason.

 

Fact is, The F6F should not be a Premium plane, but instead part of a new branch of the existing tech tree line. F6F/F8F/F9F/F9F-6

 

but that would be too easy but anyway i would love to see all the aircraft you just mentioned 

J311yfish #10 Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17865 battles
  • 1,009
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

future event?

 

Tier U.S.A. Japan
VI Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat Mitsubishi J2M Raiden ("Jack")
VII Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat Kawanishi N1K1-J Shiden ("George")
VIII Grumman F8F Bearcat Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai ("George")
IX Grumman F9F Panther Nakajima Kikka
X Grumman F9F-6 Cougar Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun

 


Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures


pyantoryng #11 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12351 battles
  • 6,029
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJ311yfish, on 05 August 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

future event?

 

Tier U.S.A. Japan
VI Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat Mitsubishi J2M Raiden ("Jack")
VII Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat Kawanishi N1K1-J Shiden ("George")
VIII Grumman F8F Bearcat Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai ("George")
IX Grumman F9F Panther Nakajima Kikka
X Grumman F9F-6 Cougar Kugisho R2Y2 Keiun

 

 

Hmm...Annual event for tree release...not sure if I like this idea, but...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users