Alekseyev I-211

I-211

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

RedSpartacus #1 Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

I haven't read anything about this plane on the forum so I thought it might be an idea to start a review. I got the blueprint in one of the last missions and bought it with tokens. Not having touched it due to nice summer weather I recently got a Birthday mission on it. It might had been a pretty unlucky day for me but I run into 10 losses in a row. Battle 11 finally ended this misery and my flight time on her, I've grounded her for the time being.

To be fair I flew her stock and my pilot was at 90%, no skills but how do you improve a pilot if you lose all the battles ?

My review, to kick off a review, MM opposed me almost all the time with a human player in an F94D. Same in the training room, the opposing bot is an F94D.

I've tried flying high, middle, low. The only good thing in my point of view is the cannon that can easily knock out ground pounders when engaging them in a 30-45 degree angle from above. The cannon comes with the well known trade off of all canons, a few shorts than they overheat. Dog fighting and hitting something was almost impossible (for me). The enemy plane needs to fly straight to be hit.

What do you think, is she a sitting duck or the nightmare for ground pounders ? Will upgrading the plane turn her into a fun plane ?

Edited by RedSpartacus, 01 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Zapperguy #2 Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Don't load bombs, unless it's strictly to get a bombardier medal, then take them off forever. Get the derp guns on her & fly it like a pregnant J7W2. It's a fun plane.

I was not a fan of the Su-9. I'm pretty sure "9" is Russian code for "cks", as in Su-cks. The I-211 and I-215 are a blast tho.

:honoring:

pyantoryng #3 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2104 battles

I did okay with it the few times I flew it. Fed enough EXP rewards and bonuses to it to get upgraded gun (not derp gun, I know it's going to ruin me) and one engine upgrade. I started out with a stock pilot too.

Like Zapper said, it plays a lot like the J7Ws with the stock and middle guns which fires similarly and trade the turning power for more horizontal speed (though not that stellar due to low top speed). Don't go too high and attack anyone coming down.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Also tagged with I-211

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users