WG Anniversary coming up - gift plane hinted

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

J311yfish #21 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 425 battles
  • [343] 343

If 'famous' and 'tier 2/3' are accurate/reliable indicators then here are some fun guesses by country:

USA

-- Vultee A-19 (V-11) -- origin of the Bsh-1; grandfather to the IL-2 and follow-on developments; service also abroad in China and Brazil

-- Douglas TBD Devastator -- a carrier-based bomber advanced for its time

-- Martin B-10 -- revolutionized bomber design; service abroad including China

USSR

-- Polikarpov I-153 -- development of I-15 with retractable undercarriage; also used in China by the 'Soviet Volunteer Group'

UK

-- Gloster Gladiator -- England's apex of biplane development with extensive service abroad, including Sweden and Finland

-- Hawker Hart -- or Hart derivative; the Hart was adopted by Sweden to fill all roles

Poland

-- PZL P.11 -- primary defense of Poland 1939; steamrolled by the Luftwaffe

-- PZL P.24 -- export variant of P.11

Finland

-- Fokker/VL D.XXI -- licensed production and modification for the defense of Finland

-- Fokker G.1B -- ordered but not delivered due to capture by the Germans

Sweden

-- Fokker G.1B -- ordered but not delivered due to capture by the Germans

Italy

-- Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero -- the famous Italian tri-motor; given the introduction of bombers, and the challenge associated with bringing a full line of Italian bombers, could be a good choice

-- Fiat CR.32 -- famous, but could cannibalize progression

-- Breda Ba.64/65 -- infamous, but could cannibalize progression

France

-- Dewoitine D.500 -- extensive service and evaluation abroad, including China; may cannibalize progression

China

-- Curtiss CW-21 Demon -- exported by the U.S. for the defense of China just as the Mitsubishi A6M1 was being developed; captured by the Japanese

Japan

-- Kawasaki Type 92 -- for a time held a high altitude record; design by Richard Vogt of Dornier fame

-- Yokosuka E14Y ("Glen") -- famous for being the only floatplane to attack the U.S. mainland by firebombing the coast of Oregon in 1942.

Edited by J311yfish, 30 July 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  //  Italy    France  //  Sweden    Finland (skins)    Poland    China    Brazil    UNITED STATES   GERMANY

Map proposals:  Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

BuffaloTime #22 Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostJ311yfish, on 29 July 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

UK

-- Gloster Gladiator -- England's apex of biplane development with extensive service abroad, including Sweden and Finland

This. First model plane I put together. Bought it at Smithsonian gift shop.

Put it in tier 4.

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Sassover #23 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View PostBuffaloTime, on 29 July 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

This. First model plane I put together. Bought it at Smithsonian gift shop.

Put it in tier 4.

I think it smells more like a Tier III to me but, none the less, an excellent choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users