WG Anniversary coming up - gift plane hinted

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

J311yfish #21 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17865 battles
  • [343] 343

If 'famous' and 'tier 2/3' are accurate/reliable indicators then here are some fun guesses by country:

USA

-- Vultee A-19 (V-11) -- origin of the Bsh-1; grandfather to the IL-2 and follow-on developments; service also abroad in China and Brazil

-- Douglas TBD Devastator -- a carrier-based bomber advanced for its time

-- Martin B-10 -- revolutionized bomber design; service abroad including China

USSR

-- Polikarpov I-153 -- development of I-15 with retractable undercarriage; also used in China by the 'Soviet Volunteer Group'

UK

-- Gloster Gladiator -- England's apex of biplane development with extensive service abroad, including Sweden and Finland

-- Hawker Hart -- or Hart derivative; the Hart was adopted by Sweden to fill all roles

Poland

-- PZL P.11 -- primary defense of Poland 1939; steamrolled by the Luftwaffe

-- PZL P.24 -- export variant of P.11

Finland

-- Fokker/VL D.XXI -- licensed production and modification for the defense of Finland

-- Fokker G.1B -- ordered but not delivered due to capture by the Germans

Sweden

-- Fokker G.1B -- ordered but not delivered due to capture by the Germans

Italy

-- Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero -- the famous Italian tri-motor; given the introduction of bombers, and the challenge associated with bringing a full line of Italian bombers, could be a good choice

-- Fiat CR.32 -- famous, but could cannibalize progression

-- Breda Ba.64/65 -- infamous, but could cannibalize progression

France

-- Dewoitine D.500 -- extensive service and evaluation abroad, including China; may cannibalize progression

China

-- Curtiss CW-21 Demon -- exported by the U.S. for the defense of China just as the Mitsubishi A6M1 was being developed; captured by the Japanese

Japan

-- Kawasaki Type 92 -- for a time held a high altitude record; design by Richard Vogt of Dornier fame

-- Yokosuka E14Y ("Glen") -- famous for being the only floatplane to attack the U.S. mainland by firebombing the coast of Oregon in 1942.

Edited by J311yfish, 30 July 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

BuffaloTime #22 Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19700 battles

View PostJ311yfish, on 29 July 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

UK

-- Gloster Gladiator -- England's apex of biplane development with extensive service abroad, including Sweden and Finland

This. First model plane I put together. Bought it at Smithsonian gift shop.

Put it in tier 4.

20thCenturyLtd #23 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBuffaloTime, on 29 July 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

This. First model plane I put together. Bought it at Smithsonian gift shop.

Put it in tier 4.

I think it smells more like a Tier III to me but, none the less, an excellent choice.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users