So... State of the game? Future?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

TeamTerrible #81 Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 23 August 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Will it be a Common Test?  Or another round of Closed Public Test?  The participation in the first 2 rounds of Closed Public Test was absolutely pathetic, and was due to it being Closed rather than open to everyone.

If you want to have a good turnout... you need to make participation possible for the people that actually want to contribute to testing.

Round 1 of testing, the most I saw online was 9 people, and it went down from there.

Round 2 I head there was only 1 person that gave feedback, and the only feedback was not being able to play, due to long queue times, due to nobody being online.

Round 3 TBD.  But it is up to WarGaming.

​Seemed like a lot of people requested entry ...but only a small handful were allowed ??

Sounds like the Game Center all over again.....forced onto the game with the fewest online 

Maybe WG can't deal with rejection  :child:

Better to upset 300 versus 3,000 but this game has been abused enough and cannot really take much more punishment from constant mistakes and neglect

pyantoryng #82 Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 24 August 2017 - 05:09 AM, said:

​Seemed like a lot of people requested entry ...but only a small handful were allowed ??

Sounds like the Game Center all over again.....forced onto the game with the fewest online 

Maybe WG can't deal with rejection  :child:

Better to upset 300 versus 3,000 but this game has been abused enough and cannot really take much more punishment from constant mistakes and neglect

Or rather, this will be the last, biggest mistake they make...then there will be no more WoWP to make mistakes in.

Edited by pyantoryng, 24 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

mnbv_fockewulfe #83 Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Are you kidding?

Arcade mode is a joke, with all of the planes stats hyper inflated to make it easier for bad people to do "well" and all of the good people to achieve 30 kills in a 15 minute destroy all the ground targets game with respawn. Bad players are better off destroying ground targets in light fighters but nobody tells them this.

Realistic mode isn't much better off. Most of the initial combat takes place at roughly 20,000ft. Logic will tell you that if you want to have a decent advantage you will have to climb to 30,000ft. Only problem is it will take 15 minutes to climb that high and when you get up there there will be at least one plane that is better than you at that alt ready to destroy you. If there isn't, by the time you've gotten that high all of the fighting has gone to the deck and there's no one to dive on without giving up your alt allowing someone else to dive on you. 

I do have to admit, I like the other games guns system better than ours but this comes with a drawback. I hate having my pilot kill, every single [edited] time I die it's because some random bullet killed my pilot. The game doesn't seem to care if every other part of my plane is damaged, my pilot is always killed. 

Mouse controls, hate them. The camera doesn't allow you to look all around your plane which limits your situational awareness. Aiming straight is next to impossible with the only worthwhile firing solutions being deflection shots. 

Joystick.

Near impossible to set up. I've spent at least three days trying to set up my 3d extreme pro just so the plane will fly straight without spinning out of control at the slightest input to no avail. 

Performance.

For me, the "Oh, when I play WT I can run it on highest graphics with 120fps while I can't on WOWP." is a myth. I have to run WT on lower than lowest graphics to get a decent frame rate in battle let alone in the hangar menu. 

GUI.

In my opinion, WOWP is miles ahead of WT when it comes to this aspect.

Everything in WT is super small and tightly packed together making things confusing and hard to navigate. In WOWP everything is clearly labeled and much easier to read and understand at a glance. 

Yes WOWP has its problems, but WT really isn't much better off by comparison. Even freaking wait times are about the same, if not shorter in WOWP. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Noreaga #84 Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGhostPrime, on 23 August 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hopefully, the upcoming common test will bring them out also. It's coming up here in the not distant future, and I would really like it if you all would participate if you feel inclined.  A good turn out would be very beneficial 

despite my bitterness i genuinely hope this is true and the game makes a 180. Little late for me to consider coming back as my #1 game, but i do hope i can log in and not log off thinking "about the good old month".

Nimis obnoxii curare

TeamTerrible #85 Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I still find it so very hard to believe that this game was so much better before and it has continued to get worse with every patch

Like Marco....I struggle to remain interested and before I could do an easy 50+ battles a day without complaint

If it wasn't for the people i'm pretty sure I would of left a while back

WG has not helped retaining players or bringing in new ones and it seems like they want us all to leave and play World of MarioShips

They have always had the worst customer support, bad mods do not really even matter to me but its funny/sad that the forums can out entertain the game itself

Yet they continue at attempts to squeeze blood from a turnip no matter what people tell them

On a plus side they orphaned Ghostprime to us and you have to wonder what he did to upset them :great:

Noreaga #86 Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTeamTerrible, on 24 August 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I still find it so very hard to believe that this game was so much better before and it has continued to get worse with every patch

Like Marco....I struggle to remain interested and before I could do an easy 50+ battles a day without complaint

If it wasn't for the people i'm pretty sure I would of left a while back

WG has not helped retaining players or bringing in new ones and it seems like they want us all to leave and play World of MarioShips

They have always had the worst customer support, bad mods do not really even matter to me but its funny/sad that the forums can out entertain the game itself

Yet they continue at attempts to squeeze blood from a turnip no matter what people tell them

On a plus side they orphaned Ghostprime to us and you have to wonder what he did to upset them :great:

it was a golden month because the game had a 1000-2000 prime time players, take out bots rubber banding and one or two other back up server related things and the actual game is more table than it ever was in the past. it did have the name of World of Wait Planes, but that was really only after the ill-fated 1.5/6. 

The looks of the game are the best they have ever been, and relatively stable (extremely stable compared to release).

The air looks great 

the planes look great

the maps look great

the only thing its missing is game modes like ships did in under a year, and a pvp population. You can script a bot match, no way you can script a full human game.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MARS_REVENANT #87 Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 24 August 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

it was a golden month because the game had a 1000-2000 prime time players, take out bots rubber banding and one or two other back up server related things and the actual game is more table than it ever was in the past. it did have the name of World of Wait Planes, but that was really only after the ill-fated 1.5/6. 

The looks of the game are the best they have ever been, and relatively stable (extremely stable compared to release).

The air looks great 

the planes look great

the maps look great

the only thing its missing is game modes like ships did in under a year, and a pvp population. You can script a bot match, no way you can script a full human game.

Human Script: Get in HF and stall everyone out. Or get in GA and hide in AA.  Or get in a flight of HF or GA.  These are the biggest problems that remain in WOWP.  They are blatantly obvious against bots... but still pretty easily exploited against humans.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GhostPrime #88 Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 23 August 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Will it be a Common Test?  Or another round of Closed Public Test?  The participation in the first 2 rounds of Closed Public Test was absolutely pathetic, and was due to it being Closed rather than open to everyone.

If you want to have a good turnout... you need to make participation possible for the people that actually want to contribute to testing.

Round 1 of testing, the most I saw online was 9 people, and it went down from there.

Round 2 I head there was only 1 person that gave feedback, and the only feedback was not being able to play, due to long queue times, due to nobody being online.

Round 3 TBD.  But it is up to WarGaming.

It will be available to all with a WG account. Its open.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

_Laserguided_ #89 Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 24 August 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

He's very nice and a hardworking...  You have to seem him in action to really appreciate it. 

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

MARS_REVENANT #90 Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 24 August 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

It will be available to all with a WG account. Its open.

Thank you.  This is actually good news.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Noreaga #91 Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 August 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Human Script: Get in HF and stall everyone out. Or get in GA and hide in AA.  Or get in a flight of HF or GA.  These are the biggest problems that remain in WOWP.  They are blatantly obvious against bots... but still pretty easily exploited against humans.

that is what it has been, but before dispersion changes that turned your guns into a physics defying side shows, underestimating a good LF fighter pilot got you punished. The change turned a perfect attack run from 90-100% damage to 50-60%, overnight it became extremely hard to counter the HF energy fighter tactics. I will admit that kird often said in beta that it required too much coordination to take down a competent HF flight, instead of fixing it they made it worse.

Nimis obnoxii curare

_Laserguided_ #92 Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 24 August 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

that is what it has been, but before dispersion changes that turned your guns into a physics defying side shows, underestimating a good LF fighter pilot got you punished. The change turned a perfect attack run from 90-100% damage to 50-60%, overnight it became extremely hard to counter the HF energy fighter tactics. I will admit that kird often said in beta that it required too much coordination to take down a competent HF flight, instead of fixing it they made it worse.

This...  A lot of people lost interest in the game over this. 

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users