So... State of the game? Future?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

TeamTerrible #41 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostWolcott, on 28 July 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of War Thunder (I've many complaints about that game), but the one thing it always has over WoWP is variety of planes. IIRC, WT has at least four tech tree Hurricanes, the Mk I, IIB, IV and the Sea Hurricane IC. WoWP does have the Hurricane IID. The only problem is that it's not even in the tech tree but as a gift/reward. That left me very disappointed. Perhaps you could try and get the devs to put her in the tech tree so I could buy it? I honestly wouldn't mind spending a bit of money here because it's the Hurricane. I think I've waited long enough for a Hurricane line which I know will never come (not to mention the Hellcat).

hahah, you may wanna ask about the WG version of the Hurricane...its in your best interest to receive it for free

Translated, its pile of $%#$ and makes you wonder how much respect the Russians have for the British 

scipionmk #42 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostWolcott, on 28 July 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of War Thunder (I've many complaints about that game), but the one thing it always has over WoWP is variety of planes. IIRC, WT has at least four tech tree Hurricanes, the Mk I, IIB, IV and the Sea Hurricane IC. WoWP does have the Hurricane IID. The only problem is that it's not even in the tech tree but as a gift/reward. That left me very disappointed. Perhaps you could try and get the devs to put her in the tech tree so I could buy it? I honestly wouldn't mind spending a bit of money here because it's the Hurricane. I think I've waited long enough for a Hurricane line which I know will never come (not to mention the Hellcat).

Make a post in a topic: "My wish list" or similar. If youever played with a Hurricane or agains it in this game you will not regret not having it. Game planes are diverting from a real life a lot. Once, a long time ago, back in open beta era planes (game) mechanic was different than now.

My wish for this game is to go back , even maybe at 1.1 and give it a fresh start.

I liked old game mechanics, old national park map, old player base, 3 players flight, no extra bust for a HF, old AA and rear gunner precision.

I don't like stupid bots and stupid mm.

pyantoryng #43 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 28 July 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

hahah, you may wanna ask about the WG version of the Hurricane...its in your best interest to receive it for free

Translated, its pile of $%#$ and makes you wonder how much respect the Russians have for the British 

Apparently Russian pilots did not like the Hurricane due to Eastern Front's air combat happening at low altitude, way lower than the British planes' optimal performance area. The Spitfires that were lended to them did not have much better reputation nor performance, either...

Guess it carried over...the first Hurricane variant to be introduced happened to have what Russian pilots back then loved: BIG guns...

Edited by pyantoryng, 28 July 2017 - 10:39 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GeorgePatton #44 Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Three things that were added at player suggestion:

1. 2-person flights
  2. Current match-maker
  3. Derpy GA performance
  4. Unlimited ammunition
  5. Gun dispersion

So there's 5... Fact is, Wargaming listens a lot to people's suggestions - problem is, they've habitually listened to the wrong suggestions. This stems directly from the creative team's misunderstanding of the target demographic, and in fact, their inability to distinguish a successful target demographic from an unsuccessful target demographic. Going after 'the average 'Call of Duty' player' as your target market for a flight game is the wrong move. Those people generally need cheats to be successful at a FPS - what makes Wargaming think this demographic is going to be successful in a 3-dimensional combat environment where a good understanding of physics is almost a prerequisite to being average?

They've consistently ignored the advice of real-world aviators (CrashTailspin, myself, and I'm sure several others) saying we have 'too much experience with real-world and simulators' to have useful opinions in a game which is trying to simplify flight... So apparently having a knowledge of why we love flight and the things maybe we don't find so great about it in real life and telling the developers how they could preserve the parts we love, but water down/get rid of the parts that make it more complicated is a bad thing...

They've also ignored the opinions of veteran players simply because they were veteran players. Look at the archived supertest threads... They only wanted to recruit players with less than 500 battles to the supertest because they wanted people with no prior experience with flight games and World of Warplanes in particular to test for them... The logic (very faulty) was that they wanted people who were inexperienced with this game to tell them what would make it more fun for them - they believed that this would allow them to develop a product that had appeal to that 'Call of Duty' demographic. We see how wrong this has been, but the developers refuse to admit this as a mistake and make corrections.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Tuesdaysgone #45 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
:(CrashTailspin, oh my that's old school Cool,  really would be Nice if the game could "reboot" and the older guys would come back, I've "tried" some other games and always crawl back here, good read G'P'      :medal:

"Virgil Caine is my name, and I served on the Danville train"
Not Scared to play SOLO!

GhostPrime #46 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostTuesdaysgone, on 28 July 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

:(CrashTailspin, oh my that's old school Cool,  really would be Nice if the game could "reboot" and the older guys would come back, I've "tried" some other games and always crawl back here, good read G'P'      :medal:

I have not spoken with Crash in a while. Last time he was seen was a few months ago on his thread he posted. With the upcoming Conquest mode, things are set to change in the future, maybe some will come back, and maybe we will get a lot of newcomers in here to liven the place up.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

GeorgePatton #47 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

One other thing regarding target demographics - they initially stated they would be targeting Tanks to the Russian region, Warplanes to NA and EU regions, and Warships to SEA region... they're now targeting all three games to RU region. Tanks and Ships (which are both essentially 2-dimensional battlefields) are successful in that market (and mostly in the other markets as well) but Warplanes' biggest chance for success would be to take feedback mostly from the NA and EU sides (with a weight towards NA) and really push the game in aviation circles. AOPA (club for pilots and aviation enthusiasts) has over 600,000 active members and puts out two monthly publications in which some advertising would work wonders for the game after it gets taken back to a point where it actually represents air combat well. I have never met a pilot yet that wasn't in some way fascinated by warbirds and wished he or she could get some 'stick time' in them! EAA has a lot of members as well, and they also put out a monthly publication... Now EAA would probably get you the most 'bang for your buck' in terms of advertising as that is the 'Experimental Aircraft Association' where everybody is into homebuilts and warbird restorations.

You don't have to make a simulator to appeal to these markets. But you'd better have something that portrays the beauty of flight that we (pilots) all know and love.

Cheers!
Glenn

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #48 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 28 July 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Three things that were added at player suggestion:

1. 2-person flights
  2. Current match-maker
  3. Derpy GA performance
  4. Unlimited ammunition
  5. Gun dispersion

So there's 5... Fact is, Wargaming listens a lot to people's suggestions - problem is, they've habitually listened to the wrong suggestions. This stems directly from the creative team's misunderstanding of the target demographic, and in fact, their inability to distinguish a successful target demographic from an unsuccessful target demographic. Going after 'the average 'Call of Duty' player' as your target market for a flight game is the wrong move. Those people generally need cheats to be successful at a FPS - what makes Wargaming think this demographic is going to be successful in a 3-dimensional combat environment where a good understanding of physics is almost a prerequisite to being average?

They've consistently ignored the advice of real-world aviators (CrashTailspin, myself, and I'm sure several others) saying we have 'too much experience with real-world and simulators' to have useful opinions in a game which is trying to simplify flight... So apparently having a knowledge of why we love flight and the things maybe we don't find so great about it in real life and telling the developers how they could preserve the parts we love, but water down/get rid of the parts that make it more complicated is a bad thing...

They've also ignored the opinions of veteran players simply because they were veteran players. Look at the archived supertest threads... They only wanted to recruit players with less than 500 battles to the supertest because they wanted people with no prior experience with flight games and World of Warplanes in particular to test for them... The logic (very faulty) was that they wanted people who were inexperienced with this game to tell them what would make it more fun for them - they believed that this would allow them to develop a product that had appeal to that 'Call of Duty' demographic. We see how wrong this has been, but the developers refuse to admit this as a mistake and make corrections.

Cheers!
Glenn

GP, Now this is a good write up! +1 - Not so kissy butty...

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

GhostPrime #49 Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Some have mentioned that there is a lack of developer interaction. How many of you have proposed a blog topic, or commented on the WoWP Blog articles? You can get direct answers from the developers on those topics. ​http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/

Find us on Facebook!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #50 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGhostPrime, on 28 July 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Some have mentioned that there is a lack of developer interaction. How many of you have proposed a blog topic, or commented on the WoWP Blog articles? You can get direct answers from the developers on those topics. ​http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/

Oh then they will read our ideas -  got it 

i post this July 28, 2016, on your suggested specific site - 

In part - 

This very day, Still awaiting moderation -  they will get to it soon, no doubt!

Here is the last thing I posted to our phantom Devs; when I was a fool and thought they would listen and entertain the idea - Not a word. Like most of the old timers that forwarded good ideas, reasonable idea’s with potential and no loss of potential profit to Wargaming, and an in game incentive for the player base. I have had similar good faith ideas. But, again this was the last one on record. e.g. July 19, 2016.

Turn EPIC & SERVICE Awards into EARNED ITEMS - 07.19.16

Hello Wargaming - WOWP Division

Lots of Awards, So what!  They have no Value - I SUGGEST – The ability to turn in ‘Epic Achievements” and Service Awards for in game items, i.e. Modules, Equipment, in game Silver etc- Example 500 ACES earns a Premium Plane? AS AN EXAMPLE - having awards is about as useless as a one legged man in an A** Kicking Contest. You should be able to earn awards for them; let them be worth the work and time we put into this game to earn such awards!

There is several variants of "What is Fair" X amount of EPIC Award(s) = Crew Points, Modules, Equipment, in game Silver, tickets, Premiums days etc- 

My Point - Treat your loyal customers for their time and energy (in-game) with earned items based on their service records - e.g. you don't earn 500 Aces playing a few hours a week! Your Diehard Loyal Customers do! Wargaming loyal tenured players deserve some incentives.

I feel this could be an equitable compromise.

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 28 July 2017 - 10:56 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

GhostPrime #51 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

When posting for a reply please remember the way you put things and if you are posting the right thing in the correct place. Were you suggesting a topic on how things work, or needing information on a specific funtion? Are you replying to one of their topics? Please understand that the suggestions area is not a discussion area such as the forums are. Its a place to bring up topics you would like to see a blog post on. 

If you read the topics you will see interactions with the players. My suggestion to you is when you see a new blog post make a comment on that topic.

Find us on Facebook!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #52 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGhostPrime, on 28 July 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

When posting for a reply please remember the way you put things and if you are posting the right thing in the correct place. Were you suggesting a topic on how things work, or needing information on a specific funtion? Are you replying to one of their topics? Please understand that the suggestions area is not a discussion area such as the forums are. Its a place to bring up topics you would like to see a blog post on. 

If you read the topics you will see interactions with the players. My suggestion to you is when you see a new blog post make a comment on that topic.

Whoa, a riddle..

Ok, the only place that is interactive on that site - TO suggest and or propose a Topic is exactly that - e.g. all suggested Topics – directly from a player -

What is evident – we as players can comment on "What is in Development" 

I guess the question is - What is being developed, is any of those developments derived from player based suggestions - or, is it - This is what we i.e. the developers decided to do feel free to comment, but we are doing it anyway, but thanks for the feedback none-the-less.

Ghost, on a personal level - i apologize; But - all the song and dancing your doing for daddy Wargaming doe not change the lack of Clan Wars, end game content. Over 3 years pushing 4.... 

My point is, every player since day one wanted clanwars and end game content (I mean we expected it, we were lead to believe etc.) - Why has that never been in development or implemented, Do they need more time?

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 29 July 2017 - 03:44 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

TeamTerrible #53 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 28 July 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Whoa, a riddle..

Ok, the only place that is interactive on that site - TO suggest and or propose a Topic is exactly that - e.g. all suggested Topics – directly from a player -

What is evident – we as players can comment on "What is in Development" 

I guess the question is - What is being developed, is any of those developments derived from player based suggestions - or, is it - This is what we i.e. the developers decided to do feel free to comment, but we are doing it anyway, but thanks for the feedback non-the-less.

Ghost, on a personal level - i apologize; But - all the song and dancing your doing for daddy Wargaming doe not change the lack of Clan Wars, end game content. Over 3 years pushing 4.... 

My point is, every player since day one wanted clanwars and end game content (I mean we expected it, we were lead to believe etc.) - Why has that never been in development or implemented, Do they need more time?

When thinking of Ghost I am reminded of the Russian t.v news reporter from the movie Airplane

mnbv_fockewulfe #54 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGhostPrime, on 28 July 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

I press the button and nothing happens. :hiding:

I reload the page and the option to submit is gone. :sceptic:

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 29 July 2017 - 01:00 AM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

GeorgePatton #55 Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGhostPrime, on 28 July 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I don't mean to be too contrary here, but I've also submitted several ideas for consideration via that website...

I also made another suggestion that they detail the experience distribution process which was done during the Alpha test (prior to global alpha, I believe) so that everyone would be on the same playing field regarding how to maximize experience earned... That suggestion was straight-up deleted without a trace as if I never submitted it for consideration. I haven't bothered asking anything or suggesting anything there anymore.

Cheers!
Glenn

Zapperguy #56 Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I have never gotten past "awaiting moderation" with any comments I've posted to the blog. I don't even read it. 

WG has consistently ignored it's "testers" since alpha - there is no way they are suddenly going to listen to "player" comments. :sceptic:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

TeamTerrible #57 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yup, I have a suggestion there awaiting moderation, when I turned purple in the face I stopped holding my breath

Porkins_Jr #58 Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:28 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGeorgePatton, on 28 July 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Warplanes' biggest chance for success would be to take feedback mostly from the NA and EU sides (with a weight towards NA) and really push the game in aviation circles. AOPA (club for pilots and aviation enthusiasts) has over 600,000 active members and puts out two monthly publications in which some advertising would work wonders for the game after it gets taken back to a point where it actually represents air combat well.

Do they still have those 3 or whatever booths active on the battleship? I think that was the extent of the advertising and pushing the game in aviation circles.

pyantoryng #59 Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 31 July 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

Do they still have those 3 or whatever booths active on the battleship? I think that was the extent of the advertising and pushing the game in aviation circles.

Lexington (CV-16) Museum now has WoWS kiosks...but as long as nobody go down that way to check there's no way to know for sure whether they use the same kiosk or are separate kiosks...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

xxxStormbringerxxx #60 Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 255 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Do ya think ya could make it flight vs flight only and not a flight of two top human pilots vs one? That's almost an automatic loss. too complicated to see how that works or what?

Edited by xxxStormbringerxxx, 31 July 2017 - 05:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users